Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I still use my Feldrake I bought off the AH in WoD for 120k. Just don't get the mount.

7+ Year Old Account
    Flight form for life!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Just don't get the mount.
    That argument would be enough if the only source of it was real money (e.g. the subs) because then we'd know "oh that guy has a mount because he just has money and nothing else was needed". However you can also get it by working in the game and making gold and then turning it to subs which might either be done with skill or with grinding.

Ideally the game should have rewards/goals/achievements clearly separated into skill based >> grinding based >>>>>>>>>>>>>> real money based.

There are plenty cool looking mounts in 9.1. I think rewarding loyal customers with another cool looking mount is fine. And I say that while using a 1-month subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say that if you do identify parts of the game that were paid to win then those parts are diminished in value.
    But that argument is destroyed when it's unclear if the source was real life money or game skill or game grinding which is also true in this case.
    Ideally the game should have rewards separated very clearly into those that need skill >> that need grinding >>>>>>>>> that need money.
    Is PoE p2w? FFxiv? Valorant?

Answer is yes all online games are p2w. Does not matter if the money goes to bobby or to some random gold seller.

My 6 month sub is expiring in like 3 days, and I got the mount and I can perfectly choose myself if I want to keep playing 9.1 Blizzard is not forcing me.

Not like I care about this mount too much, as I don't care about a mount just like a car, it's mostly something I need to reach my destination.

I have been using the same Tyrael's Charger mount since WotLK when I bought Diablo 3 and I have never really changed. It's not too big, it fits Monk/Shaman aesthetics, it does not try to talk to me like a certain Monk mount and it works great both in grounded areas and flying areas.

Don't you have over 1000 mounts to choose from in your collection already? Do you really need a new favorite one in 9.1?

10+ Year Old Account
    What does the forum think of this? Do they think it's good for the game?
    Buy tokens with gold, buy mount from store with said tokens?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    There are plenty cool looking mounts in 9.1. I think rewarding loyal customers with another cool looking mount is fine.
    yeah, that's probably what most gullible players think.

Check how its /mountspecial looks like.
    I know what the mountspecial is, but dont understand how that make it the best mount, going by looks the mount is nothing special alot of better looking ones, going by use the brutosaur and Yak is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    yeah, that's probably what most gullible players think.
    How does that make me gullible?

It's optional. 6 month sub is financially smart for those of us who can pay it that way. Seriously, get over it and move on.

Best?? How its just a mount.

If you talk about mounts with buff like water walking or pick herbs without dismounting then it would be good but we All ready have that..

Or 2 person mounts.

Would like one that was faster or allow you to fly in the maw or do quest objectivs with out dismounting..

Or Even battle in the sky or summon that mount to fight by your side like a Pet for 30sec 10min cd.

Subjective much? If you ask me, best mount is the Ardenweald flying fox thing

The 6 Month subscription mount looks... generic...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny because the Covenant flying mounts get given recolors obtainable from other sources and yet their store mounts always get unique skins/models

Ideally the game should have rewards/goals/achievements clearly separated into skill based >> grinding based >>>>>>>>>>>>>> real money based.
    Get good at the game. Sell Boosts; Grind enough gold to buy it from the store. Problem solved. You are welcome. Oh and by the way. Don't try to sell opinions as facts. Thanks

What does the forum think of this?
    I think what mount is the 'best mount' is a matter of opinion.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    There are plenty cool looking mounts in 9.1. I think rewarding loyal customers with another cool looking mount is fine. And I say that while using a 1-month subscription.
    The problem is that is a super unique mount.. while in game there are moe recolors 9.1 then anything else.

Many people just had it with this storemount bullshit and the timing on it this time around is another slap in the face. So no I dissagree with you big time.

What is "best" aside do you like a game that does things like this?
    I personally find it nonsense that 2nd class citizens can exist.
    Life is already unfair: why bring it into a game?
    The whole point of your thread was that the best mount is the one you can get with 6 month sub or paying in the store. If you now admit that you were wrong, you should ask the mods to close your thread and think before you start stupid discussions in the future. I'm glad I was able to change your mind.

As for your new question that you are bringing up because you were proven wrong with the first one, the answer is simple - all high profile games have purchases in them, including every other mmorpg on the planet. WoW has the least robust cash shop among them pretty much, and it's certainly much less extensive than the cash shop in FF14, which now wow haters claim is the literal jesus' second coming No, I do not believe it creates any kind of second class citizen group. I have yet to meet anyone who thinks a store mount gives you some kind of chad status in the game. People who do own them are usually super chill about it and never harass others for their sometimes poorer mount collection.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    and the timing on it this time around
    Do they release them every 6 months?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

dude what? its not "the best" not by a long shot. the fallen charger etc mounts are the coolest ones imo