Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    For me the reverse can happen if they look like crap. E.g. TLPD looks like crap to me so when I see someone farming it I'm like, "look at this idiot that is so stupid that they they think it's smart to waste so much of their life for that".
    So you shit on players for spending money or paying a 6 month sub to get a mount, and you shit on players that are camping an in-game mount that can not be obtained except through in-game mechanics. So your entire conversation based on subjective gut reaction?
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think it's an ugly mount and it doesn't impact anything, as it's a reward for people w/ long subscriptions.

The company has been overly delicate in how they have to justify store cosmetics. I don't even care anymore, a lot of games do it and I don't hate Blizzard so much that I despise a benign way that they can make money. Some people need to move onto different games or mature a little more. It's a game and a company, not your family or friend.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    I don't see the problem with the timing. The point of it being a 6 months mount is to reward loyal fans, which is especially a nice gesture in difficult times where a patch gets delayed for so long.
    It's just a mount. Nothing to go wild about with hundreds of them already in the game. But it looks nice and it's a nice gesture to the loyal fans. Nobody with more than two braincells would subscribe for 6 months just to get the mount if that person doesn't even want to play WoW anymore.

You replied to me and then say "you could have ignored me"??? WTF kind of attitude is that? Is that how you act in real life as well? Just chime in in a discussion, say what you want to say and then act surprised when people reply to you?
    Good for you that you dont see the problem. For loyal costumers... right my man.. If you realy think like that then there is no point discussion this any further. I think it should have been free with the delay.. and that promotion mount could have been some recolor, but no they decide to use one of the unique mounts instead. Its a pure buisness move cus if they used a recolor nonone would care duh.

Yes I said that, like I said you could have ignored that part if you dissagree. I dont care honestly.

My opinion didnt change at all here.

Google how its special looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

Check its special.
    Meh. Not gonna use a mounts idle animation as a deciding factor to "best" mount. If it had a cool Animation but was literally a turd, wouldn't sway me. As others have said, covenant mounts are great or I'll stick with my dh order hall mounts. Either way, herbalist so most likely will be sky golem use for life.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about that one, I like my zoom zoom broker snowboard disc.
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2021-07-08 at 12:50 PM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    What does the forum think of this? Do they think it's good for the game?
    You can buy it from the shop for $25.

Also, best is subjective. I personally don’t like it, though I have it.

I mean, that is highly subjective, I don't like the mount at all, other than the /mountspecial perhaps.
    You can also buy it in the store for 25 USD/EUR or something.

In addition to that, Blizzard actually loses money in the long run on the people that has a 6-month subscription that would've subbed for 6 months anyways. If you use 2x 6-month subs instead of 12x 1-month Blizzard loses 24 USD/EURO, which is basically what the store mount costs.
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you think it's the best. It doesn't require a 6 month sub though. You can buy it.

check its /mountspecial

- - - Updated - - -

check the /mountspecial of it
    Anyone notice that the new hand mount styles play paper/rock/scissors with different outcomes?
    Are there any other mounts in WoW with different mount specials on the same mount?
    Last edited by slime; 2021-07-08 at 02:53 PM.

That argument is so common but it was always nonsense. I have the option to not play the game at all also which I often exercise. Having options does not make a game perfect: options are just options: you may have an option between a turd and a turd B.
    Nope. But having a option does also not mean the game is automaticly bad or worse.

And its clear your just here for arguments.

Because you sidestep all my other points. And called the mount a turd in either case. If you get it, or get it for free, or subscription. In all ways according to you its a turd.

You insist on that argument but it's still problematic. It can ALSO be purchased with gold and gold itself can ALSO be purchased with money so you have no clue who got it from a) skill (e.g. good boosts) or b) grinding (e.g. farm grinds for gold) or c) paying with mommy's money.

Ideally the game should separate rewards into those that a) require skill (e.g. hardest pvp and hardest pve) >>>> b) require grinding >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> c) require money.

- - - Updated - - -

End of thread my ass. You have no clue who got it a) with in-game skill (e.g. boost runs) or b) in-game grinding with farming for gold or c) with money of real life.

Ideally the rewards of the game should make it clear if they came from skill >>>> from grinding >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> from real money.
    Those are BS goalposts put up by a random nobody with an opinion.

Sorry, but my point stands, the mount does not require you to pay 6 months in advance, and it being "the best mount" is entirely subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Those are BS goalposts put up by a random nobody with an opinion.

Sorry, but my point stands, the mount does not require you to pay 6 months in advance, and it being "the best mount" is entirely subjective.
    It's not an opinion: it's objective fact. Real money can buy a mount and real money can buy gold too while gold can also be obtained with either high skill (e.g. boost runs) or grinding (farming a silly mat for days).
    It's objectively fuzzy HOW it was obtained (skill or grinding or mommy's money) so I think the game would be better if all the rewards were clearly separated into skill-based and grinding-based and money.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP's nickname must be Mr. Fantastic cause my God this is a STR E E E E E E E E E E E TCH
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the sub set for 6 months but use gold to pay you get the mounts anyway.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an opinion: it's objective fact. Real money can buy a mount and real money can buy gold too while gold can also be obtained with either high skill (e.g. boost runs) or grinding (farming a silly mat for days).
    It's objectively fuzzy HOW it was obtained (skill or grinding or mommy's money) so I think the game would be better if all the rewards were clearly separated into skill-based and grinding-based and money.
    The game has a in-game database of mounts that lets you search for them based on how they get obtained, if you care that much you can just look it up.

3+ Year Old Account
    What is "best" aside do you like a game that does things like this?
    I personally find it nonsense that 2nd class citizens can exist.
    Life is already unfair: why bring it into a game?
    I smell entitlement!

If you love the mount so much, spend the money. If you can't afford it, save up. It's not worth being frustrated over, friend

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "the best mount of 9.1 requires people to pay 6 months in advance."

I think this is false. Actually, no. I don't think this is false. I know this is false. I'm on the tail end of my 6-month subscription (I think it expires in August, IIRC) and I got the mount for free.
    It is false in many ways, including that you can just go buy it in the shop.

And it isn't that great of a mount.

And if playing WoW for 6 months is too much of a burden, Fortnite might be a better fit for these people.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

So you mean like all the mounts in game? People buy carries all the time.

Google how its special looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

Check its special.
    I have seen it. It's not the best no matter how much you insist it is. The Necrolord flying mount is far superior to that.

- - - Updated - - -

What is "best" aside do you like a game that does things like this?
    I personally find it nonsense that 2nd class citizens can exist.
    Life is already unfair: why bring it into a game?
    The entitlement is very strong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    The game has a in-game database of mounts that lets you search for them based on how they get obtained, if you care that much you can just look it up.
    Not knowing the source wasn't the issue. KNOWING that the source can be either skill or grinding or mommy's money is the issue. If you're gonna have microtransactions (which they are already questionable in themselves) at least separate them into skill and grinding and money based because this way you have no clue what was the source for each player.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    I smell entitlement!

If you love the mount so much, spend the money. If you can't afford it, save up. It's not worth being frustrated over, friend
    Again: if you believe "life is unfair" is good for a video game, why do you even play a video game? Play "life" since that's already a good game for you according to your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    So you mean like all the mounts in game? People buy carries all the time.
    You're right. The game is already tainted by being able to buy gold with mommy's money and then buy BOEs/runs/whatever and beat others on the most important parts of the game (e.g. high end raiding).

That doesn't make my argument weaker: it makes it stronger: the problem is bigger than a mount.