Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    This is precisely what the GOP did in the '80's when they still hadn't won control of the decades-long Democratic controlled U.S. House of Representatives. They started infiltrating the lowest level of government, slowly taking over.

    I very much fear this will work. QNon, while insane, has some very catchy phrases that are easy for the ignorant or non-caring to latch on. You look at how much of the local government the GQP now controls throughout the United States, and we could very much see that landscape slide even more right with Qnon.
    This is just a friendly reminder that Biden is just a pit stop on our way off the ledge, the right only goes more bat shit crazy from here. We will look back at Qanon and think about how tame it was just like we wished the tea party was as crazy as it got a decade ago.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So is having cannibals on the school board, but I don't think you'd find many who would view that as a positive.
    Or pedophiles.

    But then again, and this junction having Republicans on school boards is synonymous with having pedophiles on school boards.

    There's on uncomfortable overlap between those two groups.

    I kinda pointed out in a different thread how the path to dismantling democracy runs through the destruction of public education.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Yeah yeah progressists are "fair", until they hold the power. Then the crt, hrt, etc. starts. Try to come up with something what isn't the mirrored rhetoric of the side that you supposedly oppose
    According to your previous "logic", there would be nothing wrong with that. Since it's just fair competition, right? You don't really think through what you write, do you?

    And a final nail in your coffin: I'm not a progressive really.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Then the crt, hrt, etc. starts.
    Man, just toss out some buzz-acronyms that have nothing to do with each other. Yeah boi. Elevated, intellectual discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Try to come up with something what isn't the mirrored rhetoric of the side that you supposedly oppose
    The irony of the backlash to CRT literally being predicted, exactly as it's unfolded, by "critics" of CRT that largely haven't even bothered to take a look at the curriculum.

  5. #25
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I find it odd you'd allow elections to run things like schools.
    How else would you do it?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Yeah yeah progressists are "fair", until they hold the power. Then the crt, hrt, etc. starts. Try to come up with something what isn't the mirrored rhetoric of the side that you supposedly oppose
    You on the Q train eh?

  7. #27
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Yeah yeah progressists are "fair", until they hold the power. Then the crt, hrt, etc. starts. Try to come up with something what isn't the mirrored rhetoric of the side that you supposedly oppose
    Well shit, you found out we are going to force everybody to be trans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Timmy still can get lunch, it's just not free.

  8. #28
    Warchief
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dual US/Canada
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Yeah yeah progressists are "fair", until they hold the power. Then the crt, hrt, etc. starts. Try to come up with something what isn't the mirrored rhetoric of the side that you supposedly oppose
    You legitimately think that allowing someone a voluntary medical procedure is 'mirrored rhetoric' of ethnic cleansing?

    There is truly no hope for you.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    You on the Q train eh?
    He's on the fascist train, let's not kid ourselves here.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    How else would you do it?
    Outside the US public education is administered by national or regional ministries. It's usually a professional bureaucracy.

    As a whole elected school boards and elected judges are equally dumb ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  11. #31
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Why so afraid of a fair competition? If their ideology is so bad surely only very few people support that
    The fact that the far left keeps acting like QAnon is still a threat to anything is hilarious. They are as delusional in their conspiracies as QAnon are, except that one lives rent free in the heads of the other. Anyone who thinks those QA nutters are going to get any sort of traction is fooling themselves, but they aren't any worse than the people pushing racism in schools by trying to shove CRT down the throats of children.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The fact that the far left keeps acting like QAnon is still a threat to anything is hilarious.
    They are a threat, and I'm not far left. The fact you bring up the far left makes you sus.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    He's on the fascist train, let's not kid ourselves here.
    Yeah true, president for life yo!!! rofl.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    He's on the fascist train, let's not kid ourselves here.
    There's a difference?

  15. #35
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    This is just a friendly reminder that Biden is just a pit stop on our way off the ledge, the right only goes more bat shit crazy from here. We will look back at Qanon and think about how tame it was just like we wished the tea party was as crazy as it got a decade ago.
    At this point in the United States I have trouble disagreeing with you. Trump being reelected in 2024, even while in jail, wouldn't surprise me at this point. That section from Fall; or Dodge in Hell is prescient beyond measure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Outside the US public education is administered by national or regional ministries. It's usually a professional bureaucracy.

    As a whole elected school boards and elected judges are equally dumb ideas.
    The United States pulled back from national education once the conservatives realized their children and voters would actually receive a good education, and then realize how fucking stupid the right actually is in this country. So now school boards are elected, children are denied even a decent education in most parts of the country, and we're headed right off the abyss.

    When I ask Endus about Canadian entrance requirements, I'm not joking anymore. I see Gilead as the final resting place of the United States.

  16. #36
    Epic! Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    According to your previous "logic", there would be nothing wrong with that. Since it's just fair competition, right? You don't really think through what you write, do you?

    And a final nail in your coffin: I'm not a progressive really.
    True, and I didn't say there is something wrong with that. Neither did I say you are progressive. Are you even talking to me at this point, or are you talking to the strawman you built?

    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    You on the Q train eh?
    No, but the way how mentioning Q makes lefties clutch on their precious pearls is too amusing
    Lives matter

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Why so afraid of a fair competition? If their ideology is so bad surely only very few people support that
    do I really need to explain how the fall the Wilmar republic into the Nazi regime didn't happen over night?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    No, but the way how mentioning Q makes lefties clutch on their precious pearls is too amusing
    I mean...it's a group of unhinged conspiracy theorists with a violent streak that believe that the global elite are torturing children and then eating them.

    Is that not like...somewhat concerning that people are this deeply retarded and potentially violent/dangerous? Or is this closer to your preferred form of governance or something?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post

    No, but the way how mentioning Q makes lefties clutch on their precious pearls is too amusing
    okay, teenager.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    True, and I didn't say there is something wrong with that. Neither did I say you are progressive. Are you even talking to me at this point, or are you talking to the strawman you built?
    You started out with whataboutism. You have no leg to stand on here to accuse someone else of committing a logical fallacy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •