Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    if you think teaching people the extent to which the US government went to commit genocide against the Native American's living here as "generalizing" white people then hoooooooo boy do I have some bad news for you.
    Okay, that's good if it's just a history class and it's not about generalizing white people in a negative way. History is good, stereotyping white people is not.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Okay, that's good if it's just a history class and it's not about generalizing white people in a negative way. History is good, stereotyping white people is not.
    Man, it helps if you actually educate yourself about a subject before making declarative statements about what you think the subject is (which it isn't).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, it helps if you actually educate yourself about a subject before making declarative statements about what you think the subject is (which it isn't).
    lol I'm not going to educate myself on "critical race theory", it is an anti-scientific theory. Also I don't think it will be around in 10 years anyways because CRT comes off as a highly contemporary issue, imo.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-07-16 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet, you formed a proto-opinion to justify opposing it before making even the least effort to understand what Critical Race Theory even was.

If you agree that A> systemic racism exists and is not always the result of direct prejudice, B> that race and racism are social constructs, and C> that race is not the only social factor that contributes, and that factors like gender, disability, and social class all get involved and interact with each other, then ta-da, that's Critical Race Theory in a nutshell. That's it. That's what these right-wing nutcases are rage-jerking over.

- - - Updated - - -

lol I'm not going to educate myself on "critical race theory", it is an anti-scientific theory.
    CRT in no way rejects science.

Meanwhile, you have continuously rejected scientific principles and processes in the past.

If you meant it's "non-scientific", well, so are the entire fields of economics, psychology, history, and so on. Good luck arguing that they're not worth learning; nobody in the world agrees with you on that.

Also I don't think it will be around in 10 years anyways because CRT comes off as a highly contemporaneous issue, imo.
    CRT's been around for 40 years already. The reaction today has fuck-all to do with CRT, it has to do with racist bigots kneejerking to try and find a scapegoat to fire up the base. That's it. Nothing else. If it's firing you up, question your own sources and why you're so gullible that you bit at the obvious bait.

lol I'm not going to educate myself on "critical race theory", it is an anti-scientific theory.
    It's not a scientific theory at all, which you'd know if you spent 5 minutes looking it up.

But hey, you do you. Keep being the literal embodiment of the backlash against it that CRT literally predicted: A bunch of angry conservatives who cant' be bothered to do some light reading and will view it as a racist, personal attack against themselves and white people.

Protip: It's none of those things, stop repeating what you're told by conservative media folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Ill let anyone run for office/school board if it stops Critical Race Theory and its insane racism.
    Stop listening to fox news, CRT is a late tier to grad school program that has existed for years. Also it's obvious that people like you have no idea what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

lol I'm not going to educate myself on "critical race theory", it is an anti-scientific theory. Also I don't think it will be around in 10 years anyways because CRT comes off as a highly contemporaneous issue, imo.
    Yeah why would you want to know the basics of what you are raging about /s

lol I'm not going to educate myself on "critical race theory", it is an anti-scientific theory. Also I don't think it will be around in 10 years anyways because CRT comes off as a highly contemporaneous issue, imo.
    That's you. Having un-informed opinions...with a preference for being willfully uneducated.

lol I'm not going to educate myself on "critical race theory", it is an anti-scientific theory. Also I don't think it will be around in 10 years anyways because CRT comes off as a highly contemporary issue, imo.
    how could you possibly "know" what CRT is if you haven't actually educated yourself on it? So you admit your opinion is out of ignorance of the subject?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    how could you possibly "know" what CRT is if you haven't actually educated yourself on it? So you admit your opinion is out of ignorance of the subject?
    I read the summary but I'm not going to waste my time studying a theory that I think is false and won't be around for a long time. CR theory is probably formed in a way in which you could never refute it under any circumstances and criticism of it can be viewed as evidence of its correctness. That's how bad theories work, they make themselves immune to scrutiny.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-07-16 at 11:16 PM.

I have yet to find an individual who can explain why the past & present need to be viewed primarily through the lens of race, as if that's the only defining characteristic for the actions of society and where we are today.

Want to raise your children in that manner? Fine, but keep it out of public schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That's you. Having un-informed opinions...with a preference for being willfully uneducated.
    Education won't fix what ails some people. They read a meme or a summary of some opinion, and then Dunning-Kruger takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    I have yet to find an individual who can explain why the past & present need to be viewed primarily through the lens of race, as if that's the only defining characteristic for the actions of society and where we are today.

Want to raise your children in that manner? Fine, but keep it out of public schools.
    How do you propose you talk about slavery without bringing up race? How about WW2? The Chinese exclusion act? Japanese internment camps?. The point of history is to tell people events and why they happened as well as when. You cannot detach race out of US history it is part of who we are past and present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Racism is part of history, get used to it.

But if you want a conservative utopia, i'm sure that plenty of places in the US are a good fit for you.

I read the summary but I'm not going to waste my time studying a theory that I think is false and won't be around for a long time.
    Bragging about your choice to remain ignorant isn't a great look.

CR theory is probably formed
    You might know more if you looked into it a bit! But alas, you're remaining proudly ignorant on a topic that you still choose to share your uninformed opinion on.

because this isn't ancient history like people prefer it to be. like the issue of redlining in cities and counties, these are inherently racist polices that again, are less than 50 years old. that's two or three generations apart from a policy that insured you lived in a shitty part of town because of your skin color.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the summary but I'm not going to waste my time studying a theory that I think is false and won't be around for a long time. CR theory is probably formed in a way in which you could never refute it under any circumstances and any criticism of it can be viewed as evidence of its correctness. That's how bad theories work, they make themselves immune to scrutiny.
    You literally do not know enough to claim this.

Plus, falsifiability isn't an expectation in most fields in the first place, and using that as your only standard is willfully dishonest and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Education won't fix what ails some people. They read a meme or a summary of some opinion, and then Dunning-Kruger takes over.
    If he has no experience with an issue then it either doesn't exist, or it's blown out of proportion. In all likelihood, whatever small social circle he has in his rural town isn't very inclusive. So it's easy to be dismissive. It's a minor miracle he doesn't think black America doesn't exist.

It's not in public schools. It is primarily only fucking taught in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How do you propose you talk about slavery without bringing up race? How about WW2? The Chinese exclusion act? Japanese internment camps?. The point of history is to tell people events and why they happened as well as when. You cannot detach race out of US history it is part of who we are past and present.
    I encourage all contributing factors to be examined, including race. I'm not sure where I mentioned we need to detach race out of US History?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Racism is part of history, get used to it.

But if you want a conservative utopia, i'm sure that plenty of places in the US are a good fit for you.
    I know your emotions may be running high, but you're assuming I'm against any topic of race be excluded from history. I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying it shouldn't be the lens to view history through. It's similar to thinking I chose the color of my vehicle, job, outlook on life, all as a result of race, which is short-sighted.
    Last edited by BronzeCondor; 2021-07-16 at 11:13 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Because CRT isn't about taking all of history and viewing it through a racial lens, which is why you're probably not finding anyone who can answer your question, but more about adding context onto parts of history where race is relevant to the events going on. Namely the era of Slavery, the Civil War, the Civil Rights movements, and any number or small and large scale periods in our history about either racists being shitheads or folks fighting for their rights against racist shitheads.

Like you try talking about the Civil Rights era or World War 2 without bringing up race at all.