Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Unpopular opinion: Millennials were on average a very conservative generation.

The left was very prude against anything that wasn't traditionally left to them: so they inflated a cancel culture: everyone that was not purely leftist had to be purged.
    The right was extremely attached to Trump: they treated him like the second coming of Jesus: he could do no wrong and everyone against him was wrong.
    I believe they were very similar too boomers in reality: they were the kids of the WW2 survivors: millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    The left was very prude against anything that wasn't traditionally left to them: so they inflated a cancel culture: everyone that was not purely leftist had to be purged.
    The right was extremely attached to Trump: they treated him like the second coming of Jesus: he could do no wrong and everyone against him was wrong.
    I believe they were very similar too boomers in reality: they were the kids of the WW2 survivors: millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.
    So not so much an unpopular opinion as it's more of a dumb one.

Not every epiphancy coming to you while on the shitter is a good one. Some are just nonsense.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.
    Umm....ok. Kids of 9/11 survivors...Like my 1 year old niece? She's very conservative cancel culture leftist and whatever buzz words you had, I already forgot?

I'll have to sig that line when I get home from work. It's all around simple, while at the same time showing maximum ignorance.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-07-08 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Umm....ok. Kids of 9/11 survivors...Like my 1 year old niece? She's very conservative cancel culture leftist and whatever buzz words you had, I already forgot?
    Generations span decades. By "kids of survivors" I mean when they are very young - and their personality shape easily - they were affected a lot by the events of that era.
    E.g. the Silent Generation was already adults during WW2 but the actually scarred ones by WW2 were their toddlers and kids after the war; i.e. the boomers.
    Similarly it's Millennials that were mainly affected by the impact of 9/11 because all X were already adults and Y were the actual kids in development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    So not so much an unpopular opinion as it's more of a dumb one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not every epiphancy coming to you while on the shitter is a good one. Some are just nonsense.
    Not every hateful thing that comes to your brain has to be posted on the internet. OK I get it: you hate me. That offers nothing to the discussion; it's off topic; and not an argument about anything on the topic other than "I hate that thing I just saw!1111!".

Generations span decades. By "kids of survivors" I mean when they are very young - and their personality shape easily - they were affected a lot by the events of that era.
    E.g. the Silent Generation was already adults during WW2 but the actually scarred ones by WW2 were their toddlers and kids after the war; i.e. the boomers.
    Similarly it's Millennials that were mainly affected by the impact of 9/11 because all X were already adults and Y were the actual kids in development.

- - - Updated - - -

Not every hateful thing that comes to your brain has to be posted on the internet. OK I get it: you hate me. That offers nothing to the discussion; it's off topic; and not an argument about anything on the topic other than "I hate that thing I just saw!1111!".
    And no one on this this forum wants or needs to read your LiveJournal postings. Yet here we are!

10+ Year Old Account
    Millennial stop at what, '96?

Unless time travel is involved, the last millennial was born a solid 5 years prior to 9/11.

That's not a millennial.
    Why do people keep misusing this word so much btw? It happens all the time, no matter the context.

I don't even know you. You're wrong and it sounds like you just came up with some wild theory to sound smart. Like, you're actually, factually wrong about what you said. It's like you never realised that the American left/right boxes really don't work well with real life issues.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I don't think you know who are millennials, if you think they are the kids of 9/11 survivors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

I was in high school during 9/11, im fine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Millennial stop at what, '96?

Unless time travel is involved, the last millennial was born a solid 5 years prior to 9/11.
    That's exactly why they are affected by it. Most of Z was unborn and X were already all of them adults.
    It's Y that got mostly psychologically affected by the events.

huh what? if there like, a point here? or even an argument? I'm sorry but claiming the left engages in cancel culture when we all know how conservatives reacted to Collin Kaepernick kneeling makes you point seem... dumb? yeah, really dumb. cancel culture isn't a thing. at least it's not a left thing when everyone and their mother "cancels" people they don't like.

Sometimes I jump into a thread to agree with it. Sometime I jump in to disagree. This one.....I honestly don't know. Anyone want to have a guess at what point the OP was trying to make? Because honestly, it reads like nonsense to me.

It there was a point, it looks like it got strangled by the clump of random words that formed around it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Sometimes I jump into a thread to agree with it. Sometime I jump in to disagree. This one.....I honestly don't know. Anyone want to have a guess at what point the OP was trying to make? Because honestly, it reads like nonsense to me.

It there was a point, it looks like it got strangled by the clump of random words that formed around it.
    I call it a Buzz-king, much like a rat king, it's horrid tangled up knot of random words.

That's exactly why they are affected by it. Most of Z was unborn and X were already all of them adults.
    You said millennials were the children of 9/11 survivors..

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx
    Everyone's point is that's not possible if a Millennial is some born in the 80s to mid 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Honestly I don't think the dynamic is a whole lot different. Both still win seats and elections on the regular. Using when someone was born to determine conservative/liberial spectrum isn't a good variable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, nawh, that makes literally 0 sense, but ok.

I'm sorry, but can you just stop quoting random buzzwords? You're so lost in trying to drop as many of them in a sentence as you can. Formulate your own thought, put it into your own words. Maybe you'll get farther that way. Cos what you're doing right now, it's not working.

And it's a good idea to start thinking about what a "generation" means. We're not zergs or random gene experiments where you have waves of people popping out. It's a constant influx of babies and the people in between those "generations" are probably just as large in numbers as those letter-generations are. Personally, I regarded "millenials" and the other generations as a satirical way to describe an age group, possibly used in an insulting way depending on the context. Generation X Z etc. is just the internet doing what it does best, riding out a dumbass trend until everyone gets bored with it (or we literally run out of letters in the alphabet and people don't know how to continue the joke-chain...).
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-07-08 at 12:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Whether a group of people is conservative or not relative to the rest of a country is not opinion, but one based on data. So what is your data?

The one where young voters prefered Sanders over Biden in the dem primaries in the US? Or how labour in the UK would have had a super-majority in 2019 if only millennial had voted?

p.s
    All Millennials where already born when 9/11 happened. Not to mention WWII had far more survivors than 9/11, you cant just compare the 2.