View Poll Results: will you resub for 9.1?

Voters
495. This poll is closed
  • yes

152 30.71%
  • no

343 69.29%
Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

are you going to resub for 9.1?

not going to say my opinion one way or another in this thread. i'm just genuinely curious whether people are going to resub for 9.1. i'd love to see answers and reasoning.

edit: please remember to vote in the poll if you post. it'll help compare where people are sitting at.
    Last edited by aceperson; 2021-06-25 at 09:24 PM.

Yes, because I play for raiding.

I'll stop again when I'm bored of it.

Same shit different day... nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unable to vote as I am still subbed. I have been since the launch of WoW, and I do not regret my investment of time and money even though the world has its ups and downs. We just sometimes need a breather, some longer than others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yes, already subbed, because the content I enjoy (Raids/dungeons) are harder and tighter tuned in wow than any other MMO. If a perfect dungeon/raid mmo came along that did it better than wow I'd switch, but for story I prefer single player RPGs over MMOs.

I have my sub running to play Classic TBC so I might aswell check out 9.1

I'm currently subbed for TBC but when it runs out I won't be resubbing for 9.1. Fuck the renown requirement for flying, can't be arsed with that Pathfinder shit anymore. I'm out until the next expansion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I'm currently subbed for TBC but when it runs out I won't be resubbing for 9.1. Fuck the renown requirement for flying, can't be arsed with that Pathfinder shit anymore. I'm out until the next expansion.
    Oh shit man I'm with you, screw this Renown grind that could be made through 2 hours of questing and few dungeons/raid clear, it is so exhausting. Back to TBC where I don't have to do such ridicolous things!

I unsubbed about a month into Shadowlands and nothing that has happened since has enticed me to re-sub. I think that's a wrap for me. Considering BFA & Shadowlands ended up being duds (for me), it is becoming more and more likely that my time in WoW is at an end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope and if I did it would be for TBC classic.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No
    Reason : The grind is basically crazy and tooo much even for someone who worka 8 hourw especially for people like me who loves pvp mostly.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Man....I hope you are sarcastic. Tells a lot about this forum when I am afraid some poster will actually make a comment like this and mean it. Counting on your posting history that you are not serious o_O
    You just don't get how amazing TBC design and amazing (notice how I used this word twice) were instances compared to today trash. I could do Hellfire Ramparts 10 times in a row. Check that - I could do it 20 times. I wish I could relive TBC launch and do them 50 times.

Still cannot raid due to IRL scheduling issues, so won't be resubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You just don't get how amazing TBC design and amazing (notice how I used this word twice) were instances compared to today trash. I could do Hellfire Ramparts 10 times in a row. Check that - I could do it 20 times. I wish I could relive TBC launch and do them 50 times.
    It's at times like these that I wish we could upvote posts...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-06-25 at 09:57 PM.

Definitely not going to resub... because I never unsubbed!

I’ve absolutely loved shadowlands so far despite the long wait for 9.1, and balancing so heavily focused on pvp (which I don’t touch anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Unable to vote as I am still subbed. I have been since the launch of WoW, and I do not regret my investment of time and money even though the world has its ups and downs. We just sometimes need a breather, some longer than others.
    same as i dont really have much else to do...

Yes. But instead of the usual 6 months game time, I'm going with 3 months instead because I know I'll be done with it in 3 months and there won't be content to pull me through for 6.

By the end of the 3 months D2R will be out anyway.

I'm probably not gonna resub, but that's mostly due to other obligations.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm subbed to Classic at the moment. Zero interest in playing retail right now. The last time this was the case for me was back in Warlords.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Nope. The amount of money being asked does not justify amount of content being provided. With shadowlands, WoW team took some steps in the right direction, but it's not enough. The business concerns still seem to be the biggest factor influencing game design.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2021-06-25 at 10:11 PM.

No i honestly don't think Shadowlands can be salvaged in regards to all the systems i hate being improved enough before they get abandoned for the next gimmick in 10.0. That and the worldbuilding and story are terrible. I can't validate paying monthly rent to a game giving me sylvanas cringe and "no THIS is the real big bad behind everything" like they are taking notes from Dragonball GT. If it looks to be improving then i'll look into it but this is more of the same.