Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Anyone hoping for these developers to make 'a fresh start' is high on copium.

Have you seen the garbage they've made the past 4 years? Why would you want them to start from scratch? It'd be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Classy.

10charsnotworthmore.
    O come on now. I think you are only acting bothered by me saying it because deep down you know its true.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    How people can think that a company that constantly recycles systems every new expansion could essentially make a new MMORPG is beyond me. You'd think the failure of Titan and creation of Overwatch would have taught people a lesson.

Cataclysm was WoW 2.0, there is nothing left to say on the subject.
    How in the twisted world of your mind is cataclysm, an expansion that added almost no features or content, wow 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    who else suspects blizzard setting up to have Shadowlands lead to an entirely new Azeroth.
    Anything is possible I suppose. Maybe they have been hiding massive amounts of production on 10.0 from us since the start of BFA?

I think you really need to take a look at what content they have been able to produce and ask yourself if you think a WoW2 or even a cataclysm-style world remake is possible from this team.

Really go back and look at what was produced after legion and look at how much time it took them. I think for a wow2 to be a reality then they would have been hiding huge amounts production from us. It would mean that the whole claim of "covid made us delayed" wasn't true and was really a cover story for a WoW2 expansion with huge amounts of amazing features for players that radically change the game and put WoW back at the top of the mmorpg market!

It sounds like fantasy to me.

I think reality is a lot more mudane. We're going to get another expac in 10.0 with 3-5 new zones. 6-10 new dungeons. Several new systems including an xpac feature system. New weapons, armor, mobs models and skins. New item levels. Possibly new levels or leveling experience. Basically same format as every other xpac but with different skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see them putting the effort into it....I mean I'd kinda like a WoW2 if we can transfer things over, but I think they're all to happy keeping this gravy train on auto pilot for as long as they can

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    It could lead to that, yes. Or it could lead to a new AP-styled grind, some more systems and 10 currencies. Hint: It'll be the latter.
    While they may be asking for WoW2 for the wrong reasons, it isn't that crazy of an idea. Both could exist still.

Both EQ and EQ2, for example, co-exist and EQ is still putting out expansions. I could see a scenario where WoW2.0 comes out, is successful, and has a good run all its own... and STILL be outlived by WoW1.0. Having WoW2 doesn't necessarily mean the end of WoW1

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    While they may be asking for WoW2 for the wrong reasons, it isn't that crazy of an idea. Both could exist still.

Both EQ and EQ2, for example, co-exist and EQ is still putting out expansions. I could see a scenario where WoW2.0 comes out, is successful, and has a good run all its own... and STILL be outlived by WoW1.0. Having WoW2 doesn't necessarily mean the end of WoW1
    If WoW 2.0 looks (graphics) very similar to WoW 1.0. I would have no interest. This is pretty much how I feel about Diablo 4. I think it looks incredibly similar to 3 and it is a mega turn off for me. I'm not sure how other players feel, but it made me never want to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    If WoW 2.0 looks (graphics) very similar to WoW 1.0. I would have no interest. This is pretty much how I feel about Diablo 4. I think it looks incredibly similar to 3 and it is a mega turn off for me. I'm not sure how other players feel, but it made me never want to try it out.
    I don't think it would look too identical, i mean, look at EQ and EQ2 as the examples i listed my dude. Similar art styles, but also very different.

ps - i dont wanna derail this thread, but really about D4?! I love the darker aesthetic and atmosphere of D4 so far and hope it gets even darker. I loved the style of d1-d2 and then d3 comes out and the artstyle is "Disney presents Diablo!". it was jarring to see d3 graphics for the first time. They aren't bad, but it's not diablo either to me visually.

It could.

But that's a lot of work, so it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Since an interview with someone from Blizzard (cant remember who that was) mentionned that time pass differently in Shadowlands
    Ion literally said it's not true and revamp is not planned :facepalm:

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well a wow2 would ofc look better and maybe this time they could fix the cliping,but thats me being way to optimistic when the new models broke the cliping even more,evem completly ruining some races like male undead,honestly sometimes you literaly think a small indie company is doing some of these things
    Wow will never have top spec graphics because a big part of its appeal is how many machines it runs on. You could probably install wow on your grandmas machine and it will run well enough.
    Graphics is a great draw for single player or smaller scale games, like an FPS with a small arena map, but for an mmo that needs to run smoothly for thousands of players at once it falls far behind.
    There probably isnt much they couldnt do in wow 2 that they couldnt add to wow tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Wow will never have top spec graphics because a big part of its appeal is how many machines it runs on. You could probably install wow on your grandmas machine and it will run well enough..
    Nope, that is a thing of the past, doesn't hold true anymore. My laptop has a 1070 card and it struggles to play wow at the very lowest of the lowest settings and why even bother at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Wow will never have top spec graphics because a big part of its appeal is how many machines it runs on. You could probably install wow on your grandmas machine and it will run well enough.
    Graphics is a great draw for single player or smaller scale games, like an FPS with a small arena map, but for an mmo that needs to run smoothly for thousands of players at once it falls far behind.
    There probably isnt much they couldnt do in wow 2 that they couldnt add to wow tbh.
    the wow can run on anything has always been a meme,it was a very demanding game when it launched,and it only became more and more demaning over time(there was a time when the averege pc got better and wow wasnt upgraded much) but these days its pretty demanding if you wanna run it well and raid

Cataclysm IS WoW 2! After we defeated The Lich King. Don`t you agree???

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    How in the twisted world of your mind is cataclysm, an expansion that added almost no features or content, wow 2.0?
    How in the twisted world is an expansion literally advertised as "Shattering and Remaking of the world" WoW 2.0? Hm, I wonder.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW 2 is the Burning Crusade aka Patch 2.x.x.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt a reboot is in order. Maybe a revamp in the near future, but only the north and west of Eastern Kingdoms since it's the last location left to tell stories (Dragon Isles, Plunder Isle, and Quel'thalas).

Fact is, we’d know if WoW 2 was being made for 5-10 years ahead of time.

Mmorpgs aren’t like making an expac, it’s many times more difficult and would cost probably half a billion to do WoW 2.0 properly. Good luck convincing kotick to do that when that cash could fund 3-5 cod titles that all make more cash than WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    After seeing the 9.1 raid cinematic ending, who else suspects blizzard setting up to have Shadowlands lead to an entirely new Azeroth.

Zovaal remakes a reality can actually produce a reason to have everything different and effectively bring a new game.

Whether it is Zovaal’s design or he battles with Elune and the new reality is a combination of the two where these two are at opposite ends

Whatever the how, this is where it can lead.

They could effectively produce a new looking game.

Everything updated. New concept. The only thing that stays are the systems and you can do old content so it feels like it’s still wow.

But it is effectively a new game. A lot of shaking up.

We can have class skins,
    Prestige classes, new allied races and faction reorganisation.

Now you choose your faction after you pick your race. And some races occasionally change factions. But effectively some raids, dungeons and pvp content are open to all. Not faction limited, while you have certain themes pvp ones

Azeroth though has a very new look.

How they work out the detail is unknown. Is history rewritten entirely? Does
    Most of it remain the same? Do the dead from Azeroth return to life?

- - - Updated - - -

No need to do expansions into nee weird zones and planets etc.

You can effectively set up the next 5-6 expansions exploring the remade Azeroth and any other related worlds
    You really think Blizzard could pull of huge workload like that?

Cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    How people can think that a company that constantly recycles systems every new expansion could essentially make a new MMORPG
    Actually that would be the reason. Recycling systems means they could be putting all their effort into something new, and the recycle is the easiest way to keep the current game running until then.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.