Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    But they get a nice bow from mythic this patch :3
    The bow already drops on normal and I really hope the class is not balanced around that

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter main from our guild in Discord today after doing Torghast run:

i would rather quit wow than not main a hunter. which i have. it's clear this team either has no interest in balance given the entire season 1 of SL pvp or are just incredibly inept at it.

Update!

They are buffing all of the hunter spells by a flat 15% dmg for bm and 10% for MM hunters back.

Aside from the fact that we haven't yet seen the impact of the Bow and Quiver from Sylvanas start to take effect, we are also expecting a Heroic week tuning pass. If every hunter spec is still this bad, I'd expect to see a buff to at least one of them; it's very rare for every spec of a pure DPS class to remain bad. Wait for the initial tuning pass, but if you really can't deal with tuning this way, maybe start preparing an alt in case it doesn't change.

EDIT: Missed the last post. Called it.
    Last edited by AwkwardSquirtle; 2021-07-10 at 02:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Update!

They are buffing all of the hunter spells by a flat 15% dmg for bm and 10% for MM hunters back.
    leaving survival in the dirt again?

Quote Originally Posted by Phala View Post
    leaving survival in the dirt again?
    Serpent Sting, Wildfire Bomb, Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite, Flanking Strike, and Kill Shot damage increased by 10%.

They got some love too
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Update!

need some pet aa or beast cleave buff for bm and we'll be good

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    need some pet aa or beast cleave buff for bm and we'll be good
    It puts us rather soilidly in the range pile likely on the higher end when you take into account movement is effectively a zero dps loss. Won't shine on all fights but its gone from a living joke like Windwalker monks to a respectable dps class again.

It puts us rather soilidly in the range pile likely on the higher end when you take into account movement is effectively a zero dps loss. Won't shine on all fights but its gone from a living joke like Windwalker monks to a respectable dps class again.
    It puts BM solidly in the middle, but really only in single target and we were already decent at that. No changes to our main source of cleave/aoe damage is kinda disappointing.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

If only both BM and MM weren't so horridly boring to play... I really hope there's another revamp come 10.0, although I don't trust the current mod team to do it right...

Quote Originally Posted by Joti View Post
    Joke all you want, but I will always remember patch 6.2. Blizzard intentionally nerfed survival hunters so hard into the ground that they had single target damage below that of tanks. That's no exaggeration, survival hunters literally were being out performed in single target damage by tanks. They didn't get around to buffing them until well after HFC was on farm and everyone had abandoned the spec. Even then it was only a marginal buff to bring single target damage slightly above that of tanks. Blizzard does not have a good track record with tuning hunters.
    They clearly did that to have people move away from the spec in prep for them changing it in Legion.

Shady and shitty, but calculated rather than some epic fail. I loved Survival as it played during MoP, so losing it first to the tuning and then to a shitty revamp soured me a LOT.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-07-11 at 03:44 PM.

Not really sure if this is the right spot as it talks about a class rather then just raids and dungeons but the question itself relates to dungeons and raids.

Unless there is an emergency buff is hunter as a class effectively dead in the endgame this patch?

I can't recall a time i've struggled so hard in a patch to accomplish rather basic checks. It just feels like the class as a whole offers no real benefits to bring into content. The damage hunters can do isn't bursty enough nor good enough sustain wise to warrant bringing it over any other dps class. There isn't any utility we bring that justifies the spot in raid nor mythic as well.

Is it time to reroll? It has been a while since I watched a class effectively get "windwalkered"
    The 2 classes i play are UH DK & Enh shaman.

The Dk has been my main since wotlk.

The enh shaman i got up for shadowlands.

I enjoy both these classes.

I have never wanted to reroll the DK ever, even tho i was very bottom tier throughout WoD & Legion.

So i'll never personally be able to relate to the "Gotta reroll as soon as you are not meta top dps" people.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    The 2 classes i play are UH DK & Enh shaman.

The Dk has been my main since wotlk.

The enh shaman i got up for shadowlands.

I enjoy both these classes.

I have never wanted to reroll the DK ever, even tho i was very bottom tier throughout WoD & Legion.

So i'll never personally be able to relate to the "Gotta reroll as soon as you are not meta top dps" people.
    The class is simply less important then the content for me. I can pick up and play any class at a high enough level for CE it simply is annoying to go through all the treadmills multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They clearly did that to have people move away from the spec in prep for them changing it in Legion.

Shady and shitty, but calculated rather than some epic fail. I loved Survival as it played during MoP, so losing it first to the tuning and then to a shitty revamp soured me a LOT.
    They did big overhauls to combat rogue and demonology warlock at the same time while managing to not bury those specs damage outputs to such a degree that they ceased functioning at their most basic premise. I'm just saying, what they did to survival shows that hunter is clearly the red headed stepchild of classes for WoW devs. They were perfectly fine with a DPS spec not functioning as a DPS spec. It was a massive failure on their part and one that they've never acknowledged. Such a laughable imbalance between DPS specs is one of the primary issues with Vanilla WoW that people always pointed to when the Classic WoW debate was raging, the much more closely tuned specs in the retail version of the game exhibited as a point in it's favor. The destruction of survival hunter is the one giant glaring exception to this. I think that speaks volumes about how hunters are viewed by the devs, and I don't think that they would ever allow such a thing to happen to a mage or warrior DPS spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Joti View Post
    They did big overhauls to combat rogue and demonology warlock at the same time while managing to not bury those specs damage outputs to such a degree that they ceased functioning at their most basic premise.
    Except they did - atleast for demo locks. There is a reason "We’d rather you didn’t play demonology" became a meme by the end of WoD even though it was taken out of context. They went from being a S tier spec at the start of the expansion to bottom tier by the end with Ion saying "We'd rather you didn't play demonology" sometime in between.

Edit: For context, see https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ay_demonology/
    Last edited by avahle; 2021-07-13 at 03:46 PM.

demonology locks did not have damage that was below tanks. They were cratered to be sure, but survival was the spec of the three that you were literally better off taking an additional tank for DPS purposes. As Ion pointed out several times, demonology was still viable as a spec. Nowhere near as good as it was at the start of the expansion, but still doing damage commensurate with the other bottom tier dps specs. Survival hunters were literally doing less damage than tanks. They were not viable as a spec.

So the guy who said "we'd rather you didn't play demonology" makes a point that they made sure demonology was still viable as a spec, while at the same time that interview was recorded another "we'd rather you didn't play" spec had damage below that of tanks and they were perfectly fine with it. That speaks volumes about where hunters stand in the devs eyes.
    Last edited by Joti; 2021-07-13 at 06:56 PM.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Question: Does it get better for hunters?

Roger Brown: Hold my coat while I kill Sylvanas topping the dps meters for a world first

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    Question: Does it get better for hunters?

Roger Brown: Hold my coat while I kill Sylvanas topping the dps meters for a world first
    Nah it really doesn't. The hunter cheese on adds/arrows becomes a moot point with gear. A 99% parsing hunter is equal to a 50% parse for most other DPS class.

There not useless but won't get the same results as other classes due to a bad DMG profile and poor scaling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I HATE CHAOS View Post
    Nah it really doesn't. The hunter cheese on adds/arrows becomes a moot point with gear. A 99% parsing hunter is equal to a 50% parse for most other DPS class.

There not useless but won't get the same results as other classes due to a bad DMG profile and poor scaling.
    More effort required to get similar or better results does not a bad class make. Poor design maybe but that's it.