Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Was Arthas soul split and put in a crystal? He was never hurt by frostmourne? Also by your logic Arthas hair turned gray because he was controlled by his own soul? None of these shower thoughts make any sense.
    He was "hurt" by Frostmourne. It's implied that Frostmourne's ability to steal souls is a passive trait if you will. Essentially being in contact with the blade for long periods of time will cause it to claim your soul as it's stated that Arthas' soul was the first one Frostmourne had claimed despite never being stricken by the blade directly.
    It could be tied to the will of the person? A dead person has no strength to resist the blade's influence, whereas a living person won't be immediately corrupted. Somebody killed by the blade would have their soul immediately claimed as they no longer have the strength to resist the blade's magic.

But the second part is totally accurate. There's no reason to suggest that having white hair is a trait specific to Arthas in the slightest. It's just something that happens. Seems like its an effect of being "Death Knighted" that your hair color changes, and blonde must change to white specifically.

It's worth remembering that arthas cut his own heart out. It's never been confirmed how he did it but given his affinity with the blade it does not exist outside the realm of possibility that he used frostmourne.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    They're a direct canon. Can't believe there are people who actually believe they aren't canon. Arthas's soul was claimed by Frostmourne when he first picked it up. That was shown and established in WC3
    That he gave willingly. I was talking to someone who made it sound like Arthas was struck down by the sword, not willingly took it and giving up his souls to wield it.
    From what I’ve heard, there are events that happen in the Warcraft games that conflict with WoW, which makes them non canonical.
    Just as a reference:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...longer_cannon/
    As well as:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Lore#Canon
    The 2nd one is a little contradictory in which it states they are canon, but then things from them have been retconned.
    Maybe I explained it poorly, but the idea is that WoW retcons and changes some things from the main story, which then alters how it happened. The story itself is still canon, but not the smaller details which then can conflict between Warcraft and WoW, which makes some things not canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So Zovaal plucked a blue crystal from his soul vault and socketed kingsmourne with it. Then used it to possess Anduin in a meat puppet suit.

Now at the end of the SOD raid, Zovaal also gets Sylv’s soul from the same soul chamber that looks exactly the crystal used for kingsmourne. We know that crystal contained her soul portion in it.

This pretty much confirms that Zovaal is using arthas’ spirit to control Anduin right? That would explain why Anduin’s hair turned grey, unless domination magic has that effect on blondes…, and would explain why Uther did a double take in Bastion and touched his frostmourne inflicted scar when Anduin walked past him.
    That's a huge leap of logic, there, as we have no idea who or what could be in that shard. Anduin's hair turning white doesn't mean anything, because Arthas' hair was golden blond before he became the Lich King.

Arthas' hair turned white when he became a death knight... That's why his hair is white on the cover of TFT.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2021-07-10 at 12:10 AM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    That he gave willingly. I was talking to someone who made it sound like Arthas was struck down by the sword, not willingly took it and giving up his souls to wield it.
    From what I’ve heard, there are events that happen in the Warcraft games that conflict with WoW, which makes them non canonical.
    Just as a reference:
    As well as:
    The 2nd one is a little contradictory in which it states they are canon, but then things from them have been retconned.
    Maybe I explained it poorly, but the idea is that WoW retcons and changes some things from the main story, which then alters how it happened. The story itself is still canon, but not the smaller details which then can conflict between Warcraft and WoW, which makes some things not canon.
    Things in Classic, TBC, Wrath, Cata, and MoP have all had contradictions and retcons just like the RTS games. The RTS lore was changed retroactively, the games are still canon. Otherwise the same principle would need to be applied to majority of the expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just as a reference:
    As well as:
    Things in Classic, TBC, Wrath, Cata, and MoP have all had contradictions and retcons just like the RTS games. The RTS lore was changed retroactively, the games are still canon. Otherwise the same principle would need to be applied to majority of the expansions.

The sources you provided was someone being wrong about the games not being canon and a source that flat out says that the games are canon. You proved yourself wrong in your own sources.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Confirmed? No. Just a good chance of it being the case. It could also just be an "empty" gem so it can suck out the sigils/whatever. It would be an interesting twist if it was Varian in the sword as a way to torture or distract Anduin
    Varian was obliterated by fel magic, his soul never passed to the shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    TBH, it was Mal'Ganis who lured Arthas to Northrend and Frostmourne. It's entirely possible Arthas soul is a very powerful / special one and the Jailer decided that even though Arthas kind of opposed his will, he doesnt want this soul to go to waste. So he just used it to further enforce his will.
    Correct.

I can't remember if it was Uther, Jaina or Tirion Fordring who remarks when you turn in the quest in ICC "Maybe the last bit of whatever was left of Arthas was all that kept the Scourge from washing over the world unchecked. We've laughed and facepalmed at Terenas' line "There must always be a Lich King" and then when Sylvanas broke the Helm of Domination, LOL'd "Oopsies!" even harder.

Ner'Zul (The first LK) is basically gone from existence and the soul of Arthas (Second LK) is currently unaccounted for. Zovaal told Bolvar the Lich King was supposed to be his pawn but none of them listened to him. This does beg the question: How much of Zovaal's plans were Bolvar and Arthas in particular aware of? The more you think about it, the more of the fact Arthas and even Ner'Zul before him was very careful of how they used the Scourage and how much force they used. The fact that Bolvar's first delcaration as Lich King was he would hold the Scourage in check in hindsight now makes you wonder how much he was aware of what was going on in the Shadowlands in that moment.

We know none of the Lich Kings were interested in following his orders and that clearly pissed Zovaal off the most. Makes you wonder what sweet words of madness he whispered to them via the Helm of Domination, yes?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    Varian was obliterated by fel magic, his soul never passed to the shadowlands.
    But was that ever actually stated? Or is it just assumed that "enough fel" as the cause of death stops you from going to the shadowlands?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we know he was thrown into the maw.

But again, why did uther double take towards him, as if he felt a familiar presence and touch his scar, I dont think Uther ever even met Anduin as a baby.
    If I recall correctly, Uther didn't have a good look - he saw a dude passing by his side that looked like almost exactly like pre-dk Arthas, and for various and obvious reasons he got shocked af.

It could also be Anduin's own soul in the blade, allowing his body to be completely dominated.

It would but Varian died before the wheel of death broke so he wouldn't be with the jailer.
    Unless he went to Revendreth and Denathrius cast him to the Maw. He was quite prideful and wrathful after all, but the odds are little he would ended up there. I guess Maldraxxus is more likely, or maybe Bastion.

Also, we are not sure if his soul even exists anymore. Gul'dan literaly destroyed him with quite potent fel magic and we know that fel consumes souls... but maybe we will find out in 9.2 that there is a place in Shadowlands where disenchanted things come to.