Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    We don't NEED to hear what T'Challa says to Thanos because it's not important.
    It’s pretty much just a really over the top idea in a throw away episode. There’s no reason to criticize how implausible it is in a show where the plausible should be thrown at the window.

I baffled that people are having trouble with it. It’s like having angry Star Wars fans being mad at Legends of Tomorrow because it showed where George Lucas got his trash compactor ideas from.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    It’s pretty much just a really over the top idea in a throw away episode. There’s no reason to criticize how implausible it is in a show where the plausible should be thrown at the window.
    It is pretty funny. The What if comics were often completely and totally ridiculous concepts. Talking Thanos down from genocide is pretty tame in comparison to something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    What If is an anthology series, same as the comic books. There might be a two-parter at some point, but none of the ones released thus far are.
    There’s gonna be a season 2. Feige said they’d pull from the phase 4 films, but unless it takes a few years there’s plenty of opportunity to do a second part for some. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Quill story play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I'm not denying any of those things. I'm just saying he has gone straight toward Thanos when he knew it was suicide to do so.

I mean, he's with Nova here. He's carrying a Cosmic Cube...and they still both know they can't win. But they dont have to. They just need to keep him busy.

I didn't say he thought it was a good idea. He knew it was basically suicide.

Also, the Deadpool/Colossus Analogy falls flat. It's much worse than that. The power difference between Quill and Thanos is much bigger.
    Also Deadpool can't die...so eventually he could find a way to take down Colossus...even if it took years.

Starlord isn't a Kree/Human Hybrid. He's Spartaxian/Human.

- - - Updated - - -

I was giving you an opportunity to present your case.

You opted not to.
    That was a cosmic cube almost out of power fwiw. A normal cosmic cube by itself is around universal in power and could erase regular Thanos out of existence pretty easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf...

Yeah...not finding "Kree" either. Must have been an old comic...referencing an approximation of alien spartax as kree I hate being wrong.

..and sweet jeebus...looking at the recent stuff...this is what their calling artwork? I certainly hope no one's paying for it. I might have to rethink my criticism of Liefeld.
    He was never Kree and that artwork in the scan is from the original Starlord comic from the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Nah I'm not sure. TBH it's mostly just been legal contract things, which happen. Her point of view on it seems pretty understandable from what I can see.

It's not like Ray Fisher, burning all chance of a future career with ANYONE on the way out.
    The Ray Fisher thing is even more hilarious because he kept his complaints purposefully vague as hell and made it like it was about his identity. Nope, just turns out like many directors(and actors) Joss Whedon is a jerk, but being a jerk isn't exactly what he was implying. WB investigated and found nothing "wrong". I mean it's messed up if he actually asked Charisma Carpenter during Angel if she was "going to keep the baby" or calling her fat while being pregnant, but nothing that requires some sort of investigation.

I actually agree completely with the whole streaming vs theater thing and none of the actors involved in BW had a chance to really renegotiate(at least as far as I imagine) as the movie was done long ago. If I were any of the current actors I would get that locked in. The whole Disney+ straight to streaming was definitely not even a remote idea in her head(or most people's) when she did her contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    That was a cosmic cube almost out of power fwiw. A normal cosmic cube by itself is around universal in power and could erase regular Thanos out of existence pretty easily.
    Yeah, I remember. The point was that even with that added boost of a cosmic cube (even a mostly depleted cube is still a lot of power) both he and Nova knew they weren't going to beat Thanos. But they were willing to sacrifice themselves if it meant they could rid the universe of The Mad Titan as well.

Of course, it didn't end up working out that way....but they didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Hey, if you want to make claims...you should be willing to back them up.

If you can't...then your claims can't be taken seriously
    yeap, i don't need to, is my opinion watching, i think animation is easy to do super powers, and they can make then more preeminent, if you can't see byw atching it, me pointing with a outdoor will not change your view, cause is a problem of yours.

I actually liked Dr. Deranged
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

And now they've fucked up the MCU's version of time travel again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I actually liked Dr. Deranged
    Yeah, I think this is probably my fave one so far. Whereas something like the T'Challa episode was super tongue-in-cheek (can't believe people took that episode so super seriously lol), this was much more serious. And definitely darker, I guess.

I definitely feel like they could achieve this via live action, too. Just with some heavy-duty VFX. It isn't really anything they've not done before.

Also interesting to see the Watcher get much more... involved. He didn't actually do anything, and that universe was literally being destroyed, but he did show himself and actually converse.

I've seen a note somewhere about someone writing a Tony Stark episode, so I'm curious when we'll get that. Given there are 5 episodes left of this season, I'm also curious what else we'll get.

Guessing with the official artwork shown on Disney+ i'd wager a zombie-verse episode, a more fantastic medieval episode (the Destroyer as a Knight with a lance), and maybe an episode where Gamorra takes up Thanos Sword to continue his work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeap, i don't need to, is my opinion watching, i think animation is easy to do super powers, and they can make then more preeminent, if you can't see byw atching it, me pointing with a outdoor will not change your view, cause is a problem of yours.
    It shouldn't be too hard to point out something like "The scene where Carter ______ made her look more powerful than Rogers"

Then we could discuss it. Maybe you could convince people that your opinion is correct.

That one was amazing! Compared to the other episodes so far that one blew them away. The first two I thought were pretty lame, especially tchalla as starlord one, glad they aren't all that bad. This one was a modern day example of a romantic tragedy, shakespearean.

So this episode was actually... "What if... Dr. Palmer hadn't turned down Dr. Strange's invitation?"
    And also... if you want a Nexus event to happen without crossing the threshold, you need power from the dark dimension.

Great episode, loved that they didn't put something in to lighten the 'mood' at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    That one was amazing! Compared to the other episodes so far that one blew them away. The first two I thought were pretty lame, especially tchalla as starlord one, glad they aren't all that bad. This one was a modern day example of a romantic tragedy, shakespearean.
    Ever seen The Time Machine from 2002?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ever seen The Time Machine from 2002?
    No but reading the plot on wikipedia I can see why you mentioned it, lol

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    So this episode was actually... "What if... Dr. Palmer hadn't turned down Dr. Strange's invitation?"
    And also... if you want a Nexus event to happen without crossing the threshold, you need power from the dark dimension.
    You seem to have understood this better than me in regard of the Loki's events so I have a question.

The absolute point that couldn't be changed (Palmer's death) was the Nexus event that led to the creation of this timeline, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    No but reading the plot on wikipedia I can see why you mentioned it, lol
    Hehe I enjoyed the episode but it felt very familiar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    You seem to have understood this better than me in regard of the Loki's events so I have a question.

The absolute point that couldn't be changed (Palmer's death) was the Nexus event that led to the creation of this timeline, right ?
    Basically, but if she’d never been in the car he’d be the “prime” Strange. So instead of going alone, which would have fixed the probem, he did all the silly shit he did.

Just want to say that I teared up quite a bit during this one. The music was perfect for the emotional parts
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Hehe I enjoyed the episode but it felt very familiar.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, but if she’d never been in the car he’d be the “prime” Strange. So instead of going alone, which would have fixed the probem, he did all the silly shit he did.
    Didn’t he try either going alone or just flat out not going (definitely a scene where he doesn’t pick her up) and she died anyway