Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anyone have a clue as to what the song that played during the end credits of the Dr. Strange episode was? I swear I've heard it before, I just can't put my finger on it. I don't know if it's something as simple as a melancholy arrangement of a previous MCU/Strange song, but it's driving me crazy.

Honestly the universe just deciding you are going to die seems like something they just pulled out of nowhere and isn't in line with how these things normally go. If anything the TVA should have arrived to take her away. Or it would have made more sense to show the Ancient One pulling the strings from behind the scenes to ensure she always dies so Strange is set on the right path.

It's very simple. In this universe, she was always going to die, no matter what. Because without her dying, Strange would have never become the Sorcerer Supreme and would never acquire the Time Stone. Without it he would never be able to go back in time to save her. That's the whole paradox an why he can't save her without destroying his own universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You may have said it in another post...but it wasn't in any post you replied to me. All you gave me was attititude when I asked you.

What I got from you is this:

You talked about the Shield and the tank in post #145

You were not replying to me anywhere in that post.
    i reply about the moment to another use, in the same post i reply to you. i guess you just were too focused in other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i reply about the moment to another use, in the same post i reply to you. i guess you just were too focused in other things.
    Link the reply you’re talking about please. I can’t find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Honestly the universe just deciding you are going to die seems like something they just pulled out of nowhere and isn't in line with how these things normally go. If anything the TVA should have arrived to take her away. Or it would have made more sense to show the Ancient One pulling the strings from behind the scenes to ensure she always dies so Strange is set on the right path.
    Two things:
    - TVA acts to prune branches on their timeline before they create a new independent universe. Once the new universe is created, it's too late: there's another Kang with his own TVA fighting your timeline to impose his timeline.
    - Maybe Christine's death was an invading TVA trying to destroy that timeline? Some of them look certainly like that: the back-ramming them out of the road, the shooting in the pizzeria, the appartment explosion. All to force Strange to create a paradox and end that universe.

Now, something to think about: I think this Strange is the MCU Mephisto. There were several visual clues that looked very reminiscent.

She had to die because it would have caused a paradox if she didn't. It's important to recognize that how Strange is altering the past is different from how the Avengers altered the past in Endgame due to Strange winding back time to the moment of the accident instead of traveling back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    You replied about it to another user yes...but you were not replying to me anywhere in that post.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    She had to die because it would have caused a paradox if she didn't. It's important to recognize that how Strange is altering the past is different from how the Avengers altered the past in Endgame due to Strange winding back time to the moment of the accident instead of traveling back in time.
    The fact that it would have made a paradox doesn't magically will the universe into creating a hundred different custom scenarios designed to kill the love of your life. I think a more realistic outcome would be Strange saves her life easily after going back, without that tangent of sucking in monster power, then the world jumps to itself being destroyed like it was at the end of the episode.

The fact that it would have made a paradox doesn't magically will the universe into creating a hundred different custom scenarios designed to kill the love of your life. I think a more realistic outcome would be Strange saves her life easily after going back, without that tangent of sucking in monster power, then the world jumps to itself being destroyed like it was at the end of the episode.

Actually, it does. The universe has a vested interest in not being destroyed.

Why are you talking about "more realistic outcomes" when we're talking about magic and time-travel.

fixed points in time is a pretty simple concept to me but i watch doctor who so
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    fixed points in time is a pretty simple concept to me but i watch doctor who so
    Double-edged sword that though. There are definitely some similarities between "fixed" and "absolute" points...but they are different universes...so there's no guarantee they'd be handled the same way.

Episode 4 was pretty good, im liking those that does not have a good ending, i think its good to show some variety without doing a full movie about it, in general "what if?" is a pretty great concept that can be used for a lot of interesting storylines that, can just blow themselves up without needing to worry about continuity.

Also, liking how they are throwing little tidbits of marvel lore that can be used for the MCU later, first i think it was the green particles, that i don't remember the name and now this concept of time constant, in given universe, i think in theory that maybe make sense for the universe to self sustain

Still not much of a fan of the art, but is growing on me with some characters, and the fights and special effects are fun to watch with the cartoon/animation freedom.

Double-edged sword that though. There are definitely some similarities between "fixed" and "absolute" points...but they are different universes...so there's no guarantee they'd be handled the same way.
    I generally look at them as a "universal constant" in that the event will always happen and cannot be changed. She's always going to die.

Actually, it does. The universe has a vested interest in not being destroyed.

Why are you talking about "more realistic outcomes" when we're talking about magic and time-travel.
    Since when is the universe sentient

1: Wasn't a huge fan of Captain Britain because it just like a montage of the original movie but rushed thrrough with Carter in the lead instead.

2: Great. Really fun to see Techala as Star Lord, and they had a lot of new shit happening which is what I want from this show.

3: Bit meh. I liked some parts, but the overall plot didn't grip me.

4: Fantastic! Found it really compelling and I liked the reasons he went the path he did. Great story and execution. Loved the ending. Decent chance we'll see this guy again some day I think.

Speaking of the end of episode 4, we seem to still have the existence of the gem thing containing the bad/good Doctor Strange and all his souped up powers. Is this an actual comics thing? Can/will it come back in some way? Is it going to be some kind of special power-up for the Strange we know or something lol

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Since when is the universe sentient
    In marvel since about 1965 and tends to be a constant in every universe/timeline.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternity_(comics)
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    In marvel since about 1965 and tends to be a constant in every universe/timeline.

[IMG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Eternity1.png[IMG]
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternity_(comics)
    IIRC, there are 7 literal "Cosmos" entities that are their own version of the multiverse or something, right? I vaguely recall some sort of fight happening between them all.

Galactus is even the last survivor of a previous version of the universe, if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Galactus is even the last survivor of a previous version of the universe, if memory serves.
    He is the last survivor of the previous universe but he wasn't a cosmic entity then. He bonds with that universe's Eternity and then is reborn in the current universe.