Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
29
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Only after you were arguing that these things matter.

    First post I replied to: I could go through the rest and show it took you a while to go with "IT MATTERS TO ME!" angle you are using now. You are using what matters to you as a knock on the story prior. Pretending otherwise at this point is pathetic.
    i always said to me, and in my opinion, i even said it is nittpicking cause i generally don't like zombie stories.

    But again, you are just jumping the gun to get internet points and this whole shtishow is just you dragging on because you keep arguing for the sake of argue, when apaprently, youc an't ignore something silly

  2. #362
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i always said to me, and in my opinion, i even said it is nittpicking cause i generally don't like zombie stories.

    But again, you are just jumping the gun to get internet points and this whole shtishow is just you dragging on because you keep arguing for the sake of argue, when apaprently, youc an't ignore something silly
    You literally didn't discount anything I just said.
    Essentially, this is more you admitting "Yeah, I did that, but I don't care."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  3. #363
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    The van isn't a plot point! As Darththeo is saying, you just want to be spoon-fed an explanation for something that doesn't need explaining because it has no bearing on the plot.
    Because them being able to traverse New York with out having to deal with any zombies and without the threat of losing any one obviously wasn’t relevant at all suuuuuure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Happy was driving. If anyone had the van it was Happy. Happy got turned in Grand Central and killed. And Kurt's line about having to walk implies no other means of transportation. By your logic, no plot point "forgotten" just not outright mentioned.
    Sure If they had even hinted at happy being the one to take the van sure I’d agreed with you, but they didn’t so I don’t.

    As I said before you can make up any reason you want for why it wasn’t mentioned but the show doesn’t give us any thing at all they just forget about it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  4. #364
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Sure If they had even hinted at happy being the one to take the van sure I’d agreed with you, but they didn’t so I don’t.

    As I said before you can make up any reason you want for why it wasn’t mentioned but the show doesn’t give us any thing at all they just forget about it.
    Them not mentioning the van after it was used =/= forgetting about the van.

    There is no reason to mention the van. The plot could have progressed the same regardless if they had it or not. Them mentioning the van does not improve the plot and just adds unneeded exposition to the story. You want worse writing because you find this writing bad.

    The plot literally has a character say "We have to walk through that." That would tell most people that the characters mostly likely do not have the van with them. You have every reason to ask why they don't, that's fine. But saying it is bad writing because it is not explicitly brought up is wrong.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-09-10 at 04:01 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  5. #365
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Them not mentioning the van after it was used =/= forgetting about the van.

    There is no reason to mention the van. The plot could have progressed the same regardless if they had it or not. Them mentioning the van does not improve the plot and just adds unneeded exposition to the story. You want worse writing because you find this writing bad.

    The plot literally has a character say "We have to walk through that." That would tell most people that the characters mostly likely do not have the van with them. You have every reason to ask why they don't, that's fine. But saying it is bad writing because it is not explicitly brought up is wrong.
    Yes yes you think forgetting Plot points objectively makes story’s better and only you get to determine what’s right, we already went over this.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  6. #366
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Yes yes you think forgetting Plot points objectively makes story’s better and only you get to determine what’s right, we already went over this.
    You are declaring it forgotten because it is not explicitly mentioned.
    You haven't proved it was forgotten.

    The characters were all in the van to Grand Central. The characters all know what happened with the van.
    Therefore, it does not need to be explicitly stated.

    Again, Kurt literally says "We have to walk through that." in the episode.

    The van was not forgotten, it was merely not mentioned explicitly. You just want exposition on why they didn't use the van and are justifying that claiming they forgot about it when all evidence says you are wrong.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Because them being able to traverse New York with out having to deal with any zombies and without the threat of losing any one obviously wasn’t relevant at all suuuuuure.
    They very clearly showed that it wasn't the perfect means of transportation since zombies could still see them and presumably pose a threat. Or are you now going to complain that it was too "convenient" that it was only at their destination where they encountered a zombie that noticed them? After all, we didn't get a 45min scene of them traversing New York so who knows what sort of "plot holes" they passed along the way?

  8. #368
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You are declaring it forgotten because it is not explicitly mentioned.
    You haven't proved it was forgotten.

    The characters were all in the van to Grand Central. The characters all know what happened with the van.
    Therefore, it does not need to be explicitly stated.

    Again, Kurt literally says "We have to walk through that." in the episode.

    The van was not forgotten, it was merely not mentioned explicitly. You just want exposition on why they didn't use the van and are justifying that claiming they forgot about it when all evidence says you are wrong.
    Ah yes all the evidence of not even a hint of it ever been seen or mentioned ever again that surely means it wasn’t forgotten you sure showed me!
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  9. #369
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ah yes all the evidence of not even a hint of it ever been seen or mentioned ever again that surely means it wasn’t forgotten you sure showed me!
    Kurt: "We have to walk through that."
    Logical conclusion from said statement: They don't have access to the van.

    Seriously, all you have is the van is never explicitly mentioned. They literally tell you their only option was to walk.
    You are that guy who wonders why they didn't just take the eagles to destroy the Ring in Lord of the Rings, aren't you?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  10. #370
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    They very clearly showed that it wasn't the perfect means of transportation since zombies could still see them and presumably pose a threat. Or are you now going to complain that it was too "convenient" that it was only at their destination where they encountered a zombie that noticed them? After all, we didn't get a 45min scene of them traversing New York so who knows what sort of "plot holes" they passed along the way?
    So was it not a perfect means of transportation or was it not a plot point pick one.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  11. #371
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So was it not a perfect means of transportation or was it not a plot point pick one.
    You do know that both statements can be true right?
    It can be both not a perfect means of transportation and not a plot point.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  12. #372
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Kurt: "We have to walk through that."
    Logical conclusion from said statement: They don't have access to the van.

    Seriously, all you have is the van is never explicitly mentioned. They literally tell you their only option was to walk.
    You are that guy who wonders why they didn't just take the eagles to destroy the Ring in Lord of the Rings, aren't you?
    LoTR: "How far can you bear me?" To which the beast replies, "Many leagues, but not to the ends of the earth. I was sent to bear tidings not burdens."

    What if:……………


    Thank you for proving my point that better writing would address it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  13. #373
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    LoTR: "How far can you bear me?" To which the beast replies, "Many leagues, but not to the ends of the earth. I was sent to bear tidings not burdens."

    What if:……………


    Thank you for proving my point that better writing would address it.
    You do know I was referring to the movies right?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You do know that both statements can be true right?
    It can be both not a perfect means of transportation and not a plot point.
    Exactly!

    The presence of the van isn't something that needs to be "resolved". It wasn't some amazing super solution to every problem. It serve its purpose which was to be a recognizable reference from the movies that got them from one point to another, allowed for a humorous moment of blowing up a zombie, and was no longer needed after that to keep the plot moving along.

  15. #375
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You do know I was referring to the movies right?
    The movies that have worse writing then the books? Thanks for proving my point again.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  16. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The movies that have worse writing then the books? Thanks for proving my point again.
    I think it's pretty clear at this point that you don't understand what good or bad writing actually is...

    You're just very bothered by the fact that every single detail isn't explicitly spelled out even if they don't actually matter to the overall plot.

  17. #377
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The movies that have worse writing then the books? Thanks for proving my point again.
    It doesn't prove your point because you don't understand what bad writing is. Not every detail has to be mentioned explicitly.
    The Eagles in the LotR movie aren't a plot hole because they are attempting to sneak into Mordor, flying into it isn't exactly sneaking. It is pretty obvious what you are doing. A good way to get the ring reclaimed by Sauron. The movie does not have to explicitly tell us why they don't take the Eagles because the movie tells/shows us this has to be as secret as possible.

    The reason the van isn't used or mentioned is irrelevant to the plot because we are told explicitly by a character they would have to walk and we know as an audience that the character should know where the van is. We do not need it to be explicitly told to us to understand that it is clear it isn't an option. The why it isn't does not matter to the plot.

    Does knowing where the van is and why they can't use it add anything to the story/plot? No, it doesn't.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-09-10 at 04:46 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  18. #378
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It doesn't prove your point because you don't understand what bad writing is.
    Of course I do you already explained that forgetting plot points makes story’s objectively better!
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  19. #379
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Of course I do you already explained that forgetting plot points makes story’s objectively better!
    It is explained.
    It is just not explicitly explained.

    You want all the details because you like bad writing. You haven't remotely shown the van status is an relevant plot point or even a plot point at all. And that knowing the exact status of the van is required to improve the story.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-09-10 at 04:56 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  20. #380
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is explained.
    It is just not explicitly explained.

    You want all the details because you like bad writing
    Never shown or brought up again, it is explained, pick one.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •