Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If they want me back…
    lol i just got this image in my head of fiege tom and tobey all sitting in a board room as they give him the news that tobey is gonna be the spider-man who survives no way home

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, I am not expecting much from Venom 2 or Morbius. Venom was alright, but isn't what people want. The best Spider-man movies are when Sony doesn't get too involved with the story.

Spider-man 3 they forced Raimi to use the Black Suit and Venom despite Raimi saying he wasn't a fan because Sony wanted the black suit because Sony saw Dollar signs. Amazing Spider-man 2, they focus on setting up a huge Spider-man center universe rather than telling a new story. Essentially making the mistake Ironman 2 did, which was focus run time on what is coming next and therefore missing out on making a good story.

Venom had problems and fan backlash when the first trailer dropped, which cause them to go back in and alter some lines. Into the Spider-verse they were relatively hands off on as they thought "fun kids movie" but fans loved it. Now I am worried Sony is grasping there.

Keep in mind, that part of the deal with Sony is that they get some of the staff from the MCU movies to help with their Spider-man universe movies. Even if Morbius and Venom 2 do well, they may not want to cut ties with Disney because you don't butcher the cow if it is still can be milked.

And also keep in mind that, Columbia Pictures (The Company that is a part of Sony Pictures) isn't a big dog in the movie world. Of their top 10 grossing movies of all time are all Spider-man Character films, James Bond films, or Jumanji sequels. So all 10 films are built off of established properties. There highest grossing movie of all time is because of its MCU connection. Sony gets more out of the deal with Disney than Disney does.
    remember this is the studio that almost greenlit a secret agent aunt may prequel.

i wont feel safe until we have confirmation of more spidey
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think it all depends on how well venom and morbius do

venom and disney asking for more money is the reason the agreement fell through originally before they made a new one

so if venom 2 and morbius do well then they might decide to just tell disney to go fuck themselves and keep all the money
    Venom 2 will be pretty much the same as Venom 1, prob will have more action but as a pg13 movie im not expecting much.

Morbius is looking like a cool origin movies though

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    remember this is the studio that almost greenlit a secret agent aunt may prequel.

i wont feel safe until we have confirmation of more spidey
    Regardless off whether or not Sony is smart and continues the deal with Disney (honestly, there is no logical reason they shouldn't. The MCU is still huge and doesn't seem to be dying soon.), Sony is going to keep churning out Spider-man movies until either Columbia pictures folds or Disney shells out 10 billion dollars for the rights.

I mean Disney is greedy, but Sony isn't really any better there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Venom 2 will be pretty much the same as Venom 1, prob will have more action but as a pg13 movie im not expecting much.

Morbius is looking like a cool origin movies though
    It is just weird having Venom without Spider-man to me. Like the first Venom wasn't a bad movie, but it also wasn't a good one either. It was standard superhero film, just with Venom going the anti-hero without being a villain first.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    He wanted to be a zombie obviously.
    Funnily enough, since zombies cannot procreate, this epidemic will in the long run solve the overpopulation issue he wanted to snap away.

But in the end it probably was either
    1) the sheer amount of zombies overwhelming him (in the end it only needs one bite and even Tony solo could make him bleed), he is not invulnerable, even with full Infinity Gauntlet
    2 )the Wakandan zombies using their super-vibranium tech to bring him down,
    3) Zombie Thor (who we never see in the episode)
    4) Zombie Antman (Hank) shrinking and biting him like he did Cap, before Thanos even realized he was there

All of these would work in theory.

If they want me back…
    That word..."if."
    Still, I think Holland is in a good spot. Disney's cheap, but rarely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That word..."if."
    I’m not saying it’s for sure his last outing, but right now Miles is as likely as Peter for their future.

Regardless off whether or not Sony is smart and continues the deal with Disney (honestly, there is no logical reason they shouldn't. The MCU is still huge and doesn't seem to be dying soon.), Sony is going to keep churning out Spider-man movies until either Columbia pictures folds or Disney shells out 10 billion dollars for the rights.

I mean Disney is greedy, but Sony isn't really any better there.

- - - Updated - - -

It is just weird having Venom without Spider-man to me. Like the first Venom wasn't a bad movie, but it also wasn't a good one either. It was standard superhero film, just with Venom going the anti-hero without being a villain first.
    I actually really loved the venom movie even if its kind of a bad VENOM movie. but i also think part of that was that i went in expecting it to be hot garbage and instead got tom hardy freakin out and bathing in a lobster tank while a black pile of ooze is all feed me seymore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Funnily enough, since zombies cannot procreate, this epidemic will in the long run solve the overpopulation issue he wanted to snap away.

1) the sheer amount of zombies overwhelming him (in the end it only needs one bite and even Tony solo could make him bleed), he is not invulnerable, even with full Infinity Gauntlet
    4) Zombie Antman (Hank) shrinking and biting him like he did Cap, before Thanos even realized he was there

thor was in space with groot making his axe so hes probably fine
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

That's such a great storyline.

Zombie Thanos unleashing hell with his hordes of zombie mutant superheroes all from the protection of the Wakandan Dome, where everyone thought was the last bastion of safety.
    I'm not even a zombie fan outside of Shaun of the Dead.
    I should have known as soon as Vision took off the Infinity Stone.

And I agree, I really liked Venom too(mainly cause I love Tom Hardy) but it seems weird to never have cross overs from these 2 universes.
    Tom and Tom could really have some fun with this I think.
    Plus they are naturally antithetical to each other.

I'm not sure if he had it or not, but couldn't he just use the time stone to rewind time if any of these occurred?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I'm not sure if he had it or not, but couldn't he just use the time stone to rewind time if any of these occurred?
    The question is, why would he? I don't think Thanos is familiar with Zombie movies and if a mosquito bites him and he gets swarmed by some very strange opponents, he's simply going to blast them with the Powerstone and that's that. Once he turns, he only wants a snack and probably wouldn't think about reversing his state. He still knows the Mindstone is on earth and going there, he can just go to the last bastion of mankind, where there's lots of snacks left. Then the avengers bring him the Mindstone. The End. ^^

On a different note, in the trailers we saw a scene with the Hulk that hasn't been shown yet, I think maybe he's going to be the survivor of this universe and gets picked up by the Watcher for the team-up of multiversal Avengers (which I assume is going to happen at some point).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That word..."if."
    It's not really up to Disney though. Tom's contract is with Sony. And Sony has a proven track record of being stupid when it comes to Spider-Man movies.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not saying it’s for sure his last outing, but right now Miles is as likely as Peter for their future.
    As likely? Probably not.

Both?

Sony could be dumb and not re-sign Holland in favour of running Miles...but they'd be taking a Billion Dollar box Office Gamble.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-09-12 at 11:12 PM.

I’d prefer a continuation of into the spider verse if we’re going to go the Miles route. There’s no need to start retelling his origin every few years and re-tying him with Parker again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I’d prefer a continuation of into the spider verse if we’re going to go the Miles route. There’s no need to start retelling his origin every few years and re-tying him with Parker again and again.
    I mean they could even bring in a live action version of him from spiderverse if they wanted

as venom being my favorite thing in the spider-man universe, besides spider-man itself, i do agree, the Venom trying to be his own kind of thing is a bit lame. Some of his "powers" are exactly because he got some from the spider man mutation. His visuals are good, but not good enough, his simbionte is like, crunch-looking

Its fine and you can have fun watching, but its just enough.

Talking about venom and what if, i recently read the what if? when Peter accepted the venom instead of turning him away, and it would be a cool episode for a season 2 animated, Peter going full punisher killing villains, i just didn't like much the final with a happy ending, but it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's not really up to Disney though. Tom's contract is with Sony. And Sony has a proven track record of being stupid when it comes to Spider-Man movies.

- - - Updated - - -

As likely? Probably not.

Both?

Sony could be dumb and not re-sign Holland in favour of running Miles...but they'd be taking a Billion Dollar box Office Gamble.
    Especially since an EXTREMELY small population of people who would actually see the movies are the ones clamoring for Miles and most of the people who would see the movies don't actually even know who he is....it's not wise no matter what the bigots who demand him suggest. Even with the animate Spider Verse being a success, it would face more backlash than anything to have him replace Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Especially since an EXTREMELY small population of people who would actually see the movies are the ones clamoring for Miles and most of the people who would see the movies don't actually even know who he is....it's not wise no matter what the bigots who demand him suggest. Even with the animate Spider Verse being a success, it would face more backlash than anything to have him replace Peter.
    There's a lot of people that would go see a Miles Movie after Spider-Verse. I don't think that it's worth ditching Peter over...but wanting to see a movie with Miles does nto make one a bigot...so leave me out of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    lol... [insert Inigo Montoya meme]

I think you severely overestimate how many people actually give a shit about this culture war nonsense. If there's a Spider-Man movie being made that looks half decent, people will go see it, regardless of which character is behind the mask.

It would be more inteligent to introduce Morales in a tom holland movie, as they already made him canon with his uncle showing up then from there put up a spin-off movie, or even better, a series about it.

Can you imagine? a show like loki and falchon with a spider man? plenty of time to establish the character and follow up a cool story.

I actually really loved the venom movie even if its kind of a bad VENOM movie. but i also think part of that was that i went in expecting it to be hot garbage and instead got tom hardy freakin out and bathing in a lobster tank while a black pile of ooze is all feed me seymore

- - - Updated - - -

thor was in space with groot making his axe so hes probably fine
    He was, but then he teleported to Wakanda and probably met a very similar fate to Thanos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Hard to say. The movie Infinity Gems are severly less powerful then the comic ones. The time stone is only shown reversing time in a limited area (line of sight of the caster), without even affecting the caster himself.
    Normally it should be incredibly powerful, since whenever something bad happens you just reverse time or you even stop it. Having control over time is an incredibly versatile and powerful ability.
    For example, if the stone was this powerful, Doc Strange could have easily beaten Thanos even with the 4 stones he had. Just stop time, which would prevent Thanos from using any of the other stones, then get the Gauntlet off. Fight over.

He was, but then he teleported to Wakanda and probably met a very similar fate to Thanos.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to say. The movie Infinity Gems are severly less powerful then the comic ones. The time stone is only shown reversing time in a limited area (line of sight of the caster), without even affecting the caster himself.
    Normally it should be incredibly powerful, since whenever something bad happens you just reverse time or you even stop it. Having control over time is an incredibly versatile and powerful ability.
    For example, if the stone was this powerful, Doc Strange could have easily beaten Thanos even with the 4 stones he had. Just stop time, which would prevent Thanos from using any of the other stones, then get the Gauntlet off. Fight over.
    He was affected by the time loop he created to defeat Dormammu. And as for stopping time, yadda, yadda… when he checked futures that wasn’t a way to defeat Thanos.