Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Yea but again, it’s on Disney+ and limited to being pg where as the comics are hard R, and any decent zombie film is hard R

Gonna be essentially zombies in the most kid friendly way imaginable
    PG13, not PG. You can get quite violent with a PG13 rating.

Yea but again, it’s on Disney+ and limited to being pg where as the comics are hard R, and any decent zombie film is hard R

Gonna be essentially zombies in the most kid friendly way imaginable
    Dude got cut in half by a doorway in the first episode of the Mandalorian. I have no idea where people get this idea that the dreaded Disney only produces content for children.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Dude got cut in half by a doorway in the first episode of the Mandalorian. I have no idea where people get this idea that the dreaded Disney only produces content for children.
    Because Disney themselves mandates no R or things that push R

Also, that scene you’re referencing was done in a pg way. No showing of it. No gore. Just a door slam and moving on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    PG13, not PG. You can get quite violent with a PG13 rating.
    That’s fair but if you’ve read the comics for it, there’s no way Disney will have the testicular fortitude to do the R things like zombie spider eating aunt may, sandman killing Spider-Man, etc

It’s hard to do a good zombie film or story in pg13 setting. There really hasn’t been a successful horror zombie film that wasn’t hard R

Because Disney themselves mandates no R or things that push R
    Maybe one day little Timmy will grow up and learn that there's a huge range of stuff between "children's content" and "hard R."

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Maybe one day little Timmy will grow up and learn that there's a huge range of stuff between "children's content" and "hard R."
    Maybe someday, people wouldn’t speak about things they know nothing about.

Marvel zombies, in particular, is a horror R rated story that cannot realistically be translated into a pg pg13 setting. It was brutal, grotesque, and horror fuel like any good zombie story is

Hell, I don’t even think the ultimates could be on Disney+

Maybe someday, people wouldn’t speak about things they know nothing about.

Marvel zombies, in particular, is a horror R rated story that cannot realistically be translated into a pg pg13 setting. It was brutal, grotesque, and horror fuel like any good zombie story is

Hell, I don’t even think the ultimates could be on Disney+
    Nah, it was pg13.

Nah, it was pg13.
    Nah dude. Spider-Man eating aunt may and Mary Jane alone is R rated. Every wolverine and magneto scene was hard R, even every zombie iron man and cap america were hardcore R

You gonna tell me with a straight face Disney+ will have captain America eating the brains out of a dead avenger on camera?

Nah dude. Spider-Man eating aunt may and Mary Jane alone is R rated. Every wolverine and magneto scene was hard R, even every zombie iron man and cap america were hardcore R

You gonna tell me with a straight face Disney+ will have captain America eating the brains out of a dead avenger on camera?
    Maybe if this was 1985. Currently that all works with pg13.

Maybe if this was 1985. Currently that all works with pg13.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-zombies-m...fying-moments/

No. Just no. You can’t do any of that gorey stuff in a pg13 film. Otherwise John wick would be pg13. Even zombie land was R. They don’t play around with visually gore, that’s an automatic r rating

Disney would not have the guts to do any of those top moments the story is known for

Edit: for the record, I don’t wanna argue this anymore as I’m excited about it overall and what if 1 was very good. I was just pointing out that marvel zombies will be a neutered version
    Last edited by justandulas; 2021-08-12 at 12:05 PM.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-zombies-m...fying-moments/

No. Just no. You can’t do any of that gorey stuff in a pg13 film. Otherwise John wick would be pg13. Even zombie land was R. They don’t play around with visually gore, that’s an automatic r rating

Disney would not have the guts to do any of those top moments the story is known for
    John Wick has a ton of foul language. Saying fuck more than once makes an automatic R. And if it’s sexual in nature once then you get an R.

Ever seen World War Z?

John Wick has a ton of foul language. Saying fuck more than once makes an automatic R. And if it’s sexual in nature once then you get an R.
    The marvel zombies stories not only hard R rated violence and gore, but language. Shit and fuck were used repeatedly

Yeah I’ve seen wwz and it is a pitiful excuse for a zombie film. One of the worst in existence. The book was good but the film was atrocious.

Plenty of great zombie films tho I’d be happy to recommend

The marvel zombies stories not only hard R rated violence and gore, but language. Shit and fuck were used repeatedly

Yeah I’ve seen wwz and it is a pitiful excuse for a zombie film. One of the worst in existence. The book was good but the film was atrocious.

Plenty of great zombie films tho I’d be happy to recommend
    The violence in it rises to marvel zombie levels and it’s pg13. All they gotta do is edit the fucks out and it’s pg13. Shit is fine for pg13.

The violence in it rises to marvel zombie levels and it’s pg13. All they gotta do is edit the fucks out and it’s pg13. Shit is fine for pg13.
    Nah, the violence in it was barely pg13 level my dude.

And that actually adds to my point about why it’s an amateur zombie film and not a classic one.

They intentionally held back violence to make it more marketable and pg13, but it neutered the movie beyond any hope.

A good zombie film, something like dawn of the dead 1978, day of the dead, return of the living dead, etc…. Revels in the grotesque. It’s meant to make you uncomfortable and hopeless, not
    Make you feel like the star of a video game like wwz

That said, let’s agree to disagree and I hope you have a good weekend. I don’t wanna hijack this thread further about the merits of zombie gore lol. I’ll end by saying I’m excited for it but wish they had another alternative for Disney+ they could put this on to increase the level of violence. Not just for marvel zombies sake, but cuz I want the ultimates too
    Last edited by justandulas; 2021-08-12 at 12:14 PM.

Not sure where this PG13 stuff is coming from, but there are plenty of things on D+ in the UK that are above PG13. I'll just take Deadpool 1/2 as an example. I believe both got a 15 rating in the UK.

Pretty minor complaint, anyway, really. Just wait and see what they do with it, then come back and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not sure where this PG13 stuff is coming from, but there are plenty of things on D+ in the UK that are above PG13. I'll just take Deadpool 1/2 as an example. I believe both got a 15 rating in the UK.

Pretty minor complaint, anyway, really. Just wait and see what they do with it, then come back and complain.
    Those aren’t present in the US. In the US it caps at pg13 and the r stuff goes to hulu.

Those aren’t present in the US. In the US it caps at pg13 and the r stuff goes to hulu.
    this. Disney+, especially in the usa, have adopted a "nothing past pg13" policy and even are selective about their pg13 films.

this. Disney+, especially in the usa, have adopted a "nothing past pg13" policy and even are selective about their pg13 films.
    Mainly in the US. Anywhere that doesn’t have hulu gets that content on their Disney+.

Sigh, even if you're right and they cut back on the on screen gore....so what? Why does that automatically mean it will be bad?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Sigh, even if you're right and they cut back on the on screen gore....so what? Why does that automatically mean it will be bad?
    i did NOT say it would be bad, as episode 1 was pretty enjoyable.

What i said was i wish the "what if.." was on a different platform like Hulu or HBO so they could embrace the darker stories like marvel zombies, or the ultimates PROPERLY.

A pg or g rated zombie experience is NOT a true experience, it needs to mimic the story it's based on and be brutal, gritty, and definitely R rated.

That's all i was saying is that some stories won't be able to scratch their potential due to Disney+ limiting what they can do and how far they can push the boundaries.

i did NOT say it would be bad, as episode 1 was pretty enjoyable.

What i said was i wish the "what if.." was on a different platform like Hulu or HBO so they could embrace the darker stories like marvel zombies, or the ultimates PROPERLY.

A pg or g rated zombie experience is NOT a true experience, it needs to mimic the story it's based on and be brutal, gritty, and definitely R rated.

That's all i was saying is that some stories won't be able to scratch their potential due to Disney+ limiting what they can do and how far they can push the boundaries.
    I think an easy case can be made that limits, especially in story telling, often cause the storyteller to experiment. When marvel as a studio, has to get creative to get around limits, their track record is pretty stellar. So while finding ways to get around limits doesn't automatically equal success, i think marvel has earned the benefit ofd the doubt.

Besides, what's the point of a panel for panel retelling of a story?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown