Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    God, the past 10 pages was like one dude calling LOTR a badly written movie because of the lack of explanation for 'Why didn't they explain why they couldn't just get on the eagles from the beginning', and the shitstorm that follows such obvious trollbait.
    That's not what happened.

It was worse. It was a person arguing that the Zombie's episode was poorly written because they didn't explicitly told you what happened to the van.

And I was the one who brought up LotR in response to that saying it is saying that LotR is a poorly written movie because it does not explicitly state why they didn't use the Eagles. The LotR reference was not a trollbait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Why can't they just dump the full season for us.
    Waiting for episodes is so 2005.
    I honestly haven't done that since Lost.

Also I love Jeffrey narrating.
    Can't believe how much I like this show lol
    Outside of Netflix, does any other streaming service just drop the full season at once? Amazon is a bit weird, some are all at once and others are released separately.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That's not what happened.

It was worse. It was a person arguing that the Zombie's episode was poorly written because they didn't explicitly told you what happened to the van.

And I was the one who brought up LotR in response to that saying it is saying that LotR is a poorly written movie because it does not explicitly state why they didn't use the Eagles. The LotR reference was not a trollbait.
    I didn't even know you brought up LOTR. I was making that very comparison of the van to 'someone who complained about LOTR because of eagles'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I didn't even know you brought up LOTR. I was making that very comparison of the van to 'someone who complained about LOTR because of eagles'.
    Yeah, I had brought it up and he had acted like that was evidence he was right.

Sorry, I misread your post prior, I am operating on like 3 hours sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

This latest one was okay, but not as good as some of the others.

It does show Killmonger being even smarter than he was in Black Panther, and I liked the "I like Anime" line given Michael B Jordan's personal love, it also makes an in universe explanation for why Killmonger's outfit is model on Vegeta's.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I honestly felt like Zombies was the worst episode so far. I havent seen the newest one. Felt like a huge step down in terms of interesting story for me at least.

I dont know if its because i just dont care at all for some of the side characters like Wasp/Antman/BlackPanther

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I honestly felt like Zombies was the worst episode so far. I havent seen the newest one. Felt like a huge step down in terms of interesting story for me at least.

I dont know if its because i just dont care at all for some of the side characters like Wasp/Antman/BlackPanther
    It is my least favorite perhaps because I had high hopes for it and was let down. The van was just a gag, the ant swarm was basically the only way they could have dealt with the power level of those guys, but my biggest annoyance was them taking down the wasp. Slow ass zombies can climb like Spider-Man? She should have dominated them all, and then the issue would have been how the hell do they deal with her.

Now one could argue it was dumb because it was an homage to zombie movies which tends to have dumbness, and I think that’s a fair point. I’d still call the Dr strange one the best of the bunch, though killmonger was enjoyable enough.

Killmonger episode crams so much stuff into it and then just... ends. Mildly disappointed, but only because I wanted to see what happens next.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Can I just say:
    I.Fucking.Hate.Killmonger

Imma let you finish fam but Imma take over now!
    No questions asked.
    Kanye Round 2!

Also, M.B.J. is an overrated actor.

Can I just say:
    I.Fucking.Hate.Killmonger

Imma let you finish fam but Imma take over now!
    No questions asked.
    Kanye Round 2!

Also, M.B.J. is an overrated actor.
    I like Killmonger but I also see him for what he is, a Villain. I don't sympathize with him like some do, he's clearly a sociopath.

I've only seen Michael B. Jordan in Black Panther and Creed 1 and 2, so everything I've seen him in he's done enough to earn his accolades to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Killmonger episode crams so much stuff into it and then just... ends. Mildly disappointed, but only because I wanted to see what happens next.
    It felt like they took a 2.5 hour movie and made a 30 minute episode from the script. Things just move to quickly.
    –The Sith Code

It felt like they took a 2.5 hour movie and made a 30 minute episode from the script. Things just move to quickly.
    That’s what most of the episodes have been. All of them if I’m being honest.

Haven't watched the newest episode yet, but isn't that more or less the same for all episodes so far? I mean, episode one was literally a retelling of most of the first Captain America movie condensed into the show's timeframe.

EDIT: well, Vegas beat me to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That’s what most of the episodes have been. All of them if I’m being honest.
    While I agree in part, some of them definitely flowed better so it is less noticeable. This one felt choppy.

Like last week, while it was clear there was more story there that could have been told. It flowed better.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I also see him for what he is, a Villain.
    I guess it's the contrast against Chadwick that gets me.
    The over the top ego for some reason works with Tony but not for Killmonger.
    Chadwick plays it soooo humble too and is way more badass.
    It was too easy for him too and that was annoying lol.

And for me it seems M.B.J is the exact same in everything he's ever done.
    You could interchange his characters in Fantastic 4, Fahrenheit 451 or this etc and you'd never see the difference.
    Like Kristen Stewart and her ability to only portray a plank of wood.
    That's not really acting to me.

But you're right, I need to remember that he's probs not supposed to be likeable.

While I agree in part, some of them definitely flowed better so it is less noticeable. This one felt choppy.

Like last week, while it was clear there was more story there that could have been told. It flowed better.
    This one was a mashup of two films. So there’s that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This one was a mashup of two films. So there’s that.
    With some sprinkling of Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron.
    –The Sith Code

Super quickly. 30 minutes felt like nothing. I was all, "Yeah! Shuri and Pepper gon' team up and whoop some ass!" aaand... credits. I woud've been fine if it was this season's first 2-parter.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Since I never read them, yet I am tempted, do the comics ever continue any of the stories they set up?
    Not from the show I mean, but like in later issues, maybe revisiting them?
    Or is it all one shot and done and never go back?
    These episodes def set up enough for a revisit later.
    Or yea at least 2 parters.

I love this whole Outer Limits/Twilight Zone style so outside of some Futurama comics I own, I want to learn more.

I guess it's the contrast against Chadwick that gets me.
    The over the top ego for some reason works with Tony but not for Killmonger.
    Chadwick plays it soooo humble too and is way more badass.
    It was too easy for him too and that was annoying lol.

And for me it seems M.B.J is the exact same in everything he's ever done.
    You could interchange his characters in Fantastic 4, Fahrenheit 451 or this etc and you'd never see the difference.
    Like Kristen Stewart and her ability to only portray a plank of wood.
    That's not really acting to me.

But you're right, I need to remember that he's probs not supposed to be likeable.
    He was good in The Wire,but your right about him being the same character in every thing since.

Since I never read them, yet I am tempted, do the comics ever continue any of the stories they set up?
    Not from the show I mean, but like in later issues, maybe revisiting them?
    Or is it all one shot and done and never go back?
    These episodes def set up enough for a revisit later.
    Or yea at least 2 parters.

I love this whole Outer Limits/Twilight Zone style so outside of some Futurama comics I own, I want to learn more.
    It's mostly one shots. Ocassionally a multi-issue deal. Very rarely do they actually go back to visit the same world twice.

Closest you can get to that is probably Exiles...which is a team that goes around "fixing" realities where things didn't play out ther way they should have...Quantum Leap style. Sometimes the situations are completely new...but sometimes they are based on events that happened in the "main" timeline...but things are just a little bit different. They still don't go back to the same world twice very often...but there's more of a continuity because you are following the same characters through their journey.

I'm not entirely sure which episode was worse for me, the 2nd (deus ex T'challa) or the 6th (Killmonger ex machina). Both of them continue the proud tradition of wakanda wish-fullfillment while ignoring any semblance of logic. So not only was Killmonger able to plot everything like Sylvanas by playing 5D chess, he also manged to delete Jarvis and Tony had no backup plan against a weapon that apparently can villy-nilly cut through everything. Much like the wiping of Jarvis, how Shuri actually figured all of that out wasn't adressed at all. It's this kind of hand-waiving that already cheapened the 2nd episode (though that was clearly more light hearted and joking in nature) and makes these not just look rushed but also just poorly put together.

I think my favorite is still the first and the fourth. They have at least some kind of closed ending, unlike half of the others and their deviation from the main plot was somewhat believable. I'm kinda waiting for one of them to end with "gun shot - fade to black".
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.