Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    well, now we know where the Ultron army that appeared at the end of Episode 7 came from. solid episode, looking forward to next week. thoroughly enjoyed the throwbacks to past movies/tv shows

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Still not sure if they are wiping out universes exactly. Maybe more of erasing a variants existence from it.

Loki got the space cube in Endgame and the TVA abducted him shortly after that then set one of those reset charges out. Does that mean that universe was destroyed? Seems like Captain America was still fighting himself when that would have happened and he wasn't erased.
    They claim to be cutting off those timelines before the new universe is created.

Thanos with 5 stones jobbing to Vision was ridiculous.

A Thanos with no stones beat Thor, Iron Man and Cap-Thor, and Vision hasn't really shown feats to put him anywhere near.

Now when you consider how much stronger Thanos is with 5 stones.....

Stupid.

That wasn't Vision, it was Ultron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post

A Thanos with no stones beat Thor, Iron Man and Cap-Thor, and Vision hasn't really shown feats to put him anywhere near.

Stupid.
    Thanos was arrogant; he was not expecting what happened. Basically got sliced in half by a much more powerful and ruthless Ultron

This was the best episode yet aside from Zombie Thanos.
    Hands down the best animation as well.
    Punching someone through multiverses is fucking cool, you can't deny it.
    I'm with Ego too, would love to see those exile style stories but honestly that could be it's own show.
    Still want the Deadpool Corps too.

Stupid.
    Well it was pretty much a suprise attack. Dont think he had a time to defend.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Stupid.
    And that Thanos also had his armor. This one did not.

Thanos with all six stones could not stop Stormbreaker.
    Thanos with 3 stones was made to bleed by Stark.

He isn't immune to all damage. And Ultron used a focused beam from the Mind Stone.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well it was pretty much a suprise attack. Dont think he had a time to defend.
    He had all the time in the world. He had the Time Gem.

The scene was pretty silly. I'll give them a small pass for pacing reasons.

The rest of the episode was fine. I liked when they kept shifting realities when Ultron was punching the Watcher.

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    He had all the time in the world. He had the Time Gem.

The scene was pretty silly. I'll give them a small pass for pacing reasons.

The rest of the episode was fine. I liked when they kept shifting realities when Ultron was punching the Watcher.
    Time Gem can rewind time or as we saw Dr Strange use it can also create a time loop. But such things require a bit of preparation, Ultron gave Thanos no time. Literally killed him seconds after he saw him. My question is where did Thanos get the time stone from

Timestone hasn't been shown the ability to effect reaction time.

By the time his brain processed he was cut in half...his brain was cut in half, good luck controlling time with half a brain and a failing body.
    Last edited by Myradin; 2021-09-30 at 02:28 PM.

The writers just didn't have time to show us a good Ultron/Thanos fight, because they wanted to give us a big Ultron/Watcher fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Timestone hasn't been shown the ability to increase reaction time.

By the time his brain processed he was cut in half...his brain was cut in half, good luck controlling time with half a brain and a failing body.
    In the movies? Where?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    The writers just didn't have time to show us a good Ultron/Thanos fight, because they wanted to give us a big Ultron/Watcher fight.
    Thanos almost died with all 6 stones. Being instantly killed while only holding 5 isn’t unreasonable. Ultron is ruthless.

Lol there's no way Thanos death wasn't just stupid.

I'd let them off for needing to do it for pacing issues, but all the stones just suddenly landing in Ultrons lap like that was just comical.

Thanos has near total invulnerability with the Stones. Otherwise anyone could have just shot him at any point in the movie. Vision could have just done this exact same move at any point in the movie.

+It took the whole of Infinity war to forge one of the most powerful weapons in the universe with with the power of a sun to make a weapon that could potentially defeat him if he was caught off guard.

Ultron overhearing the Watchers narration was even more comically silly. Led to some cool visuals for their fight at least, and an interesting set up for the next episodes.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2021-09-30 at 04:27 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

I'd let them off for needing to do it for pacing issues, but all the stones just suddenly landing in Ultrons lap like that was just comical.

Thanos has near total invulnerability with the Stones. Otherwise anyone could have just shot him at any point in the movie. Vision could have just done this exact same move at any point in the movie.

+It took the whole of Infinity war to forge one of the most powerful weapons in the universe with with the power of a sun to make a weapon that could potentially defeat him if he was caught off guard.

Ultron overhearing the Watchers narration was even more comically silly. Led to some cool visuals for their fight at least, and an interesting set up for the next episodes.
    "I am inevitable"

He was bound to show up.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanos was not killed by Vision. He was killed by Ultron who has the body of Vision. Ultron is something completely different than Vision. The two combined is a terrifying force. Hence the whole reason they wanted to stop Ultron from getting Visions body originally.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Thanos has near total invulnerability with the Stones.
    Mantis strongly disagree.

You are applying comics rule where ,yes, the infinity gauntlet makes you ommnipotent but in the MCU the rules are clear: the stones need to be used.

So yeah if an empath caught you off-guard you are fucked and if Iron Man punches you ...you bleed.

The thing is , many characters could have hurt Thanos...but they didn't. The Russo's did not wanted an omnipotent Thanos that was just erasing foes out of existence...they wanted a fight.

So the "invulnerability" relies on him teleporting ( space gem) or stopping the time ( time gem) or turning a dagger into bubbles ( reality gem) but we don't see in the MCU any kind of comic's built-in divinity associated with the gems.

Otherwise anyone could have just shot him at any point in the movie. Vision could have just done this exact same move at any point in the movie.
    Back to the previous concept. Many tried....they failed and we got to agree with the Russo's. A comic version of the Infinity Gauntlet is undoable in a film.

Minute -X. Power gem from Xandar.
    Minute 0. Space gem from Loki.
    Minute 1. Teleport to Knowhere. Reality gem from Tivan.
    Minute 2. Teleport to Milano.Turn the Guardians into rabbits.Abduct Gamora. Teleport to Vormir. Thow Gamora. Take the soul gem.
    Minute 3. Teleport to Titan. Turn Strange into his ally ( reality). Take the time gem.
    Minute 4. Teleport to Wakanda. Turn the avengers into rabbits. Take the mind gem.
    Minute 5. Snap.
    Minute 6. The End.
    Minute 7. Keving Feige is fired.

And yeah, this is hyperbole ( the gauntlet does not confere ommiscience so he does not know where the Milano or Strange is) but this is the picture: in the MCU ,even with 6 stones ....you bleed and if you don't use them...you die.

On a separate note maybe this is surprising for many but the same way the arch-nemesis of the FF is Doom and Spiderman's is the Green Goblin and the X-Men's is Magneto ( until he turned "good" and Apocalypse took the rol) if we are about to choose the historical biggest foe of the Avengers there would be only two options: Kang or Ultron.
    There would be no more candidates to the position ( because the Thanos feud is quite recent) and Ultron would have some advantage.

So there's this , almost comical , perspective of Ultron derived from AoU that alternate dimensions ( what if..?) may not share and if they inspire more in the comics..yeah Ultron is AAA+++ villain ,as in ,difficult to find a more dangerous foe.

Yeah, I'd say Ultron-Vision one shoting Thanos was just the writers trying to move the plot along quicker. It obviously blows the entire Infinity Wars ending out of the water if it really was that easy for Vision to kill an infinity stone powered up Thanos.

So they made that scene comically short... but then why did they spend the time to show Ultron destroying planets the old fashioned way? All he had to do was snap his fingers to destroy everything.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2021-10-01 at 03:03 AM.

I don't think they could or should have showed a fight between Ultron and Thanos, because Ultron may well have lost that. The surprise attack was the only thing that could feasibly work in my opinion. Once Thanos realizes he needs to use the stones, he's already dead. His hubris made him go through the portal unprotected and carelessly.
    In Infinty War he took off his armor once he had the power stone and the space stone, iirc and risked getting his ass beaten, because he thought he was too powerful now, which we already saw wasn't the case. He could have been beaten on Titan and Thor could have chopped his head off on Earth. Had Vision not been badly damaged enough that he could hardly even walk, maybe he could have chopped Thanos in half too, at least in a surprise attack. Although I think Vision would not have done that, he would have tried to reason first, or 'fight fair', because he's not Ultron.

On the topic of why the stones work, maybe there's something about robots using them that makes them work outside of one specific universe, which is also why the TVA made so sure that no robots enter? It kind of did not make that much sense to me at the time, but if there's something with the infinity stones that they can do even inside the TVA, that might explain it. Maybe because they use them on a physics (quantum) basis instead of using their inherent magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And that Thanos also had his armor. This one did not.

Thanos with all six stones could not stop Stormbreaker.
    Thanos with 3 stones was made to bleed by Stark.

He isn't immune to all damage. And Ultron used a focused beam from the Mind Stone.
    Bold is plot. The six stones are enough to wipe out the universe. It can stop Stormbreaker.

Immediately below is Thanos not going all out. He was way more merciful in Infinity War.

I am Murloc!
    Bold is plot. The six stones are enough to wipe out the universe. It can stop Stormbreaker.

Immediately below is Thanos not going all out. He was way more merciful in Infinity War.
    Did you not watch the movie? The stones literally could not stop Stormbreaker from plunging into his chest