Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Nah dude. Spider-Man eating aunt may and Mary Jane alone is R rated. Every wolverine and magneto scene was hard R, even every zombie iron man and cap america were hardcore R

You gonna tell me with a straight face Disney+ will have captain America eating the brains out of a dead avenger on camera?
    Just linking this to your comment

But here is the rules of ratings: https://www.filmratings.com/RatingsGuide

There is a PDF from about a year ago.

What you described, would put it at a PG-13 rating UNLESS it is a prolonged scene of violence.

Eating brains of a dead character will not get you an R-rating. PG-13 includes movies like Temple of Doom where a character literally rips the heart out of someone's chest. R movies tend not to be for violence specifically more along the lines vulgar language and sexual themes get you the R rating. The bar to get an R rating just on violence alone is pretty high, but two uses of a specific term can get the R-rating.

It depends how long the violence is on the screen. Walking Dead is TV14, which is the television version of PG13 ... Zombies eating people is PG13.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Just linking this to your comment

But here is the rules of ratings: https://www.filmratings.com/RatingsGuide

There is a PDF from about a year ago.

What you described, would put it at a PG-13 rating UNLESS it is a prolonged scene of violence.

Eating brains of a dead character will not get you an R-rating. PG-13 includes movies like Temple of Doom where a character literally rips the heart out of someone's chest. R movies tend not to be for violence specifically more along the lines vulgar language and sexual themes get you the R rating. The bar to get an R rating just on violence alone is pretty high, but two uses of a specific term can get the R-rating.

It depends how long the violence is on the screen. Walking Dead is TV14, which is the television version of PG13 ... Zombies eating people is PG13.
    We’ll see how far they go soon enough.

Marvel doesn't do Hard R comics. Not sure where people are getting their ideas from. They had the MAX Line for awhile but that label isn't used anymore unless they want to coax Garth Ennis into doing something for them.

Marvel comics are either A (All ages), Teen, Teen+ or Parental Advisory. Most of these are just violence advisories. Deadpool comics have a Parental Advisory but there's just some off colour humour on top of the violence. You wont be seeing Wade celebrate International Women's Day like in the movies.

There are tonnes of What If stories they can do and not ever come close to an "R" rating.

I liked the first episode. Some of it preceded as I thought it would when I realized Captain Peggy was coming although Steve Rogers getting to be Iron Man was unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Marvel doesn't do Hard R comics. Not sure where people are getting their ideas from.
    I mean...this exists. [extremely NSFW?]

Unless you mean they don't do Hard R stuff now/anymore.

But this whole argument about the rating is as stupid as acting like Capcom doesn't make good fighting games just because they don't have Ryu tearing Chun-Li's heart out through her throat at the end of a match like you'd find in a Mortal Kombat game.

I liked the first episode, it almost played like a shorter alternate version of Captain America: The First Avenger. I almost wish they'd cast Haley Atwell in her own spinoff live-action movie for Disney+.

Also, there was something satisfying about seeing Red Skull get crushed by the tentacle of the giant monster he summoned. I did not want to just see a rehash of Steve's fight with him but with Peggy in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I mean...this exists. [extremely NSFW?]

If I recall correctly this is the cover of the issue. "Parental Advisory". You'll not see anyone getting pegged for the holidays or a single use of the "Eff Word".

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I liked the first episode, it almost played like a shorter alternate version of Captain America: The First Avenger.
    That was the whole point...

I almost wish they'd cast Haley Atwell in her own spinoff live-action movie for Disney+.
    Didn't she have her own TV series for a couple of seasons as Agent Carter? I assume you mean you'd want a movie where she is the Captain Carter from this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Ratings also depend heavily on connections. The ratings board has rules, but they also have no oversight and have left themselves plenty of room for blatant corruption.
    Marvel is owned by Disney, and with clout like that you can basically demand a movie be any rating you want.

See for instance Matt Stone (South Park) talk about how his indie film Orgazmo was a hard fought battle to even get an R rating, despite a complete lack of harsh language, and all the sex stuff done off camera.
    Then how when he made South Park the movie, a major production, he did not just get detailed notes on what to change for a desired rating, but even had executives blatantly give them extra leeway with a phone call.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Honestly didn't like the terrible humour... :/

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That was the whole point...
    I didn't know they were actually going to be following a formula, if that is the plan. I thought it would be a random series of alternate events like the moment the slightest alteration happened in the timeline, or alternate timeline that it would veer off into completely new, and chaotic territory (like Loki.)

Didn't she have her own TV series for a couple of seasons as Agent Carter? I assume you mean you'd want a movie where she is the Captain Carter from this series?
    Peggy Carter was their best tv series. The writers played with so much material. And they nailed the timeframe so well.

I didn't know they were actually going to be following a formula, if that is the plan. I thought it would be a random series of alternate events like the moment the slightest alteration happened in the timeline, or alternate timeline that it would veer off into completely new, and chaotic territory (like Loki.)
    Sky's the limit.

I kind of expect them to relate to stuff that's MCU but anything's possible.

How about a What If where we have these giant dudes wearing crazy armour come to Earth 20000 years ago and seed the human race with the potential to develop super powers??!?!?!?!?!

Or is that too far-fetched?

How about a What If where we have these giant dudes wearing crazy armour come to Earth 20000 years ago and seed the human race with the potential to develop super powers??!?!?!?!?! Or is that too far-fetched?
    We'll see that in a few months...(now if I could only get the winning lottery ticket)

Nah, I think there will be some more random things, like the zombies. But things like this Carter episode are more inline with what we saw in Loki, where just one change can be significant, but the timeline still kinda unravels the same way. Just incorporating those differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Peggy Carter was their best tv series. The writers played with so much material. And they nailed the timeframe so well.
    I've still never seen it. It was 2 seasons, IIRC?

I've still never seen it. It was 2 seasons, IIRC?
    Yea...but season 1 had 8 episodes, and season 2 had 10. So...it's a quick run...dammit.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    The second episode is definitely for me better than the first. It was interesting with all the changes that were made and actually worked really well.

Captain Carter was just Captain America the First Avenger but with Peggy and minor changes caused by it.
    T'Challa as Starlord was far far more interesting ... also the animation seem overall better than the first episode to me as well.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Great episode, only missed chance is not starting the episode with T'Challa dancing to Redbone's Come And Get Your Love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The violence in it rises to marvel zombie levels and it’s pg13. All they gotta do is edit the fucks out and it’s pg13. Shit is fine for pg13.
    Have you read marvel zombies? World war Z never came even close to things like Bruce banner bursting because the hulk ate to much or spiderman literally ripping all of his skin off to stop being Peter Parker.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Have you read marvel zombies? World war Z never came even close to things like Bruce banner bursting because the hulk ate to much or spiderman literally ripping all of his skin off to stop being Peter Parker.
    What happens in animation is generally a lot less visceral than live action. Meanwhile a single "Motherfucker" gets you the same "R" rating whether its on comics, animation or live action.

What happens in animation is generally a lot less visceral than live action. Meanwhile a single "Motherfucker" gets you the same "R" rating whether its on comics, animation or live action.
    Ya in any show/movie it would likely be toned down a hell of a lot and could easily fit the pg13 ratting if they took the gorier parts out and some foul langue.

I’m just pointing out marvel zombies is closer to say a saw movie in terms of gore then something as tame as WWZ.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.