Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ...
31
39
40
41
42
43
51
... LastLast
  1. #801
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    I think the main difference with Carol and for that matter the Maximoff's is that they are clearly not going with the established comics origin of their powers. The others are.
    That doesn't actually matter. Most people don't know actually know the comics origin of very many of the MCU characters. They know what gets established in the movies. Most of the MCU characters were Marvel B-listers at best before the movies came out.

  2. #802
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That doesn't actually matter. Most people don't know actually know the comics origin of very many of the MCU characters. They know what gets established in the movies. Most of the MCU characters were Marvel B-listers at best before the movies came out.
    Yeah, who heard of The Avengers before the MCU? Certainly not me…. marvel used the best heroes they had the rights to at the time.

  3. #803
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,383
    Ok, i did watch now, i don't know how far the discussion went, vision cutting Thanos in half, with 4 of the infinity stones is probably the most bullshit thing i ever saw in the MCU. Captain marvel going that far with ultravision also, bullshit, her bad gag still don't help making me like her.

    Despite those two dumb moments i think the episode was ok, The watcher fighting and actually intervening seems to be like a hype event, glad to see 'demon" strange back at it again.

    Something i don't like, and this is pure nitpicking on my part, is the non-super powerered people fighting those fights, i rly would dig Natasha and Clint if this wasn't MCU with all the super-heroes, aliens and cosmic beings, o, if they were fighting normal humans as well, i think is dumb going in those world-ending fights shooting a gun and a bow.

  4. #804
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, who heard of The Avengers before the MCU? Certainly not me…. marvel used the best heroes they had the rights to at the time.
    Yeah, the best heroes they had the rights to at the time. Why did they have the rights to them? Because nobody wanted else wanted them.

  5. #805
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yeah, the best heroes they had the rights to at the time. Why did they have the rights to them? Because nobody wanted else wanted them.
    I am sure people would have wanted rights to the Hulk, but it is true that marvel had a fire sale to remain solvent back in the day. I wish Disney had some balls and didn't play up to certain storylines. As an avid comic reader there was a great Iron Man storyline they could have used for what if....what if Tony Stark was a drunkard or the story where he gets shot and becomes wheel chair bound. One of my favorite Iron man runs was during that time. Instead we get Vision cutting thanos in half. Look there are hundreds of ways Thanos could have been stopped but wasn't, even without bringing in the easy out with mutants.

  6. #806
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliad View Post
    I am sure people would have wanted rights to the Hulk, but it is true that marvel had a fire sale to remain solvent back in the day.
    Hulk was one of the characters they did sell off the rights for. Universal still owns the Distribution rights for any Hulk movies. They also, at least at one point and perhaps still do, owned the distribution rights to Namor...but they've never actually done anything with them.

    Remember this:

    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-10-03 at 05:47 AM.

  7. #807
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Hulk was one of the characters they did sell off the rights for. Universal still owns the Distribution rights for any Hulk movies. They also, at least at one point and perhaps still do, owned the distribution rights to Namor...but they've never actually done anything with them.

    Remember this:
    I know, but they have the rights to distribute, meanwhile marvel can use the hulk as long as it is not just a Hulk movie. And if anyone wants to see an easy Thanos kill,

  8. #808
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliad View Post
    I know, but they have the rights to distribute, meanwhile marvel can use the hulk as long as it is not just a Hulk movie.
    Sure, but the point was when they were, as you put it, having a fire sale on their characters...Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and the rest were left on the Table while the A Listers like Spider-Man, X-Men, and the FF were bought up greedily. Marvei originally wanted to option all their characters to Sony but Sony wasn't interested in anyone but Spider-Man. Sony's response was, apparantly, not enthusiastic.

    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/231...an-from-marvel

    Way back in 1998, Marvel Entertainment was looking for an influx of cash after the company emerged from the bankruptcy it filed two years prior. At the same time, a Sony Pictures exec by the name of Yair Landau was looking to secure the big-screen rights to Spider-Man. Current Chairman and former CEO of Marvel, Ike Perlmutter countered by offering Sony the rights to nearly every Marvel character, including the likes of Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Ant-Man for, wait for it... $25 million. Yair Landau took the deal back to the brass at Sony who, as he recalled, responded thusly:

    Nobody gives a shit about any of the other Marvel characters. Go back and do a deal for only Spider-Man.
    Though I imagine the brass at Sony feels differently now.

    And if anyone wants to see an easy Thanos kill,

    Context is important. That's God Emporer Doom, with the power of the Beyonders, killing an unamped Thanos as opposed to Ultron, with a single infinity Stone, murdering Thanos who had the other 5.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-10-03 at 06:22 AM.

  9. #809
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliad View Post
    Instead we get Vision cutting thanos in half. Look there are hundreds of ways Thanos could have been stopped but wasn't, even without bringing in the easy out with mutants.
    It didn't really bug me so much, though I'd have prefered something actually, er, Mind related. They just needed to get that part over with quickly. It bugged me more that Thanos had the stones he had, especially since they showed Gamora after that (which they could have simply avoided doing). But, it's a short side-story, they just breeze through such things and the main rule of stories is that whatever the story needs, it gets. Who is stronger, Hulk or Aunt May? Well, if the story needs Aunt May to be, then she is wielding a cosmic cube or whatever at the time. If the story can't be bothered to come up with some silly rationale, the fans will do it for them.

    Also seemed odd to act like there's just The Watcher rather than a bunch of them, and the fight with Captain Marvel went on for longer than needed, but otherwise I think it delivered on a fun (and murder) filled romp around the multiverse with Ultron destroying whatever he wanted to and everything related to the MCU. Similar to the callbacks in the Thor episode.

    I do think they should have made some off hand remark about JARVIS though, since he kept Ultron from getting the codes and became Vision, but maybe I missed it.

    Either way, Disney+ sub ended so I won't see the finale. I assume the alt-vengers will do some suitably silly plot device to defeat Ultron though, because that's just how these things work.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

  10. #810
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Captain marvel going that far with ultravision also, bullshit, her bad gag still don't help making me like her.
    Ultron let her do it. Its very clear she was no threat to him.

  11. #811
    Warchief Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    2,076
    Liked the episode. Only weird thing is they introduced every avenger previously except for Gamorra. Almost made me think I missed an episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  12. #812
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Liked the episode. Only weird thing is they introduced every avenger previously except for Gamorra. Almost made me think I missed an episode.
    You did. Because of COVID they cut an episode, where Iron Man was on Nowhere or something like that. I think Gamorra was going to be introduced in that episode.

  13. #813
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    You did. Because of COVID they cut an episode, where Iron Man was on Nowhere or something like that. I think Gamorra was going to be introduced in that episode.
    Cut from S1, but coming in S2 apparently.

  14. #814
    Warchief Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Cut from S1, but coming in S2 apparently.
    That's weird. You already had the finale where she showed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  15. #815
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    You did. Because of COVID they cut an episode, where Iron Man was on Nowhere or something like that. I think Gamorra was going to be introduced in that episode.
    Ah, so that was the reason. Thought I missed an ep as well.

    I'm a little confused as to what Strange did though, what exactly did he consume?

    Edit: quote fix.
    Last edited by Ara Myrr; 2021-10-06 at 04:06 PM.

  16. #816
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Myrr View Post
    Ah, so that was the reason. Thought I missed an ep as well.

    I'm a little confused as to what Strange did though, what exactly did he consume?
    The explosion that Ultron tried to destroy the planet with. I guess that was another nice power-up for Strange Supreme

    At first I thought he swallowed the stone and was confused when it showed back up afterwards, but I went back to see it again and it became clearer.


    Edit: I found something on the topic of the Infinity Stones working and I guess I can get behind that, it's kind of what I thought anyway. We see Ultron actually using the Timestone to manipulate time for the first time in ep 9 once he is back in his own universe.



    Basically outside of his universe he can use the stones to power himself and shoot energy blasts, explode etc, but he can't access their actual powers, like stopping time, turning the watcher into a rat or something, for that he would have to be in his own universe (like he was in ep 8 when he used the Realitystone to create his Ultron-bots or in ep 9 when he freezes time)
    Last edited by formerShandalay; 2021-10-06 at 08:47 PM.

  17. #817
    Last two episodes were good. The missing episode is a shame... I was all, "Why is Gamora?!"

    For some reason, I kept thinking about Madara wrecking fools.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

  18. #818
    I liked this episode, doing what no one really expected and tying in all these random stories together. Pure fan service fighting all around.

    But damn, Armin Zola really came in clutch at the end as the MVP. Let's hear it for the Nazis!

  19. #819
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Let's say for the sake of argument you are correct, why is that a bad thing?

    But, as others have pointed out ... you're wrong.

    Let's look at Captain America's Backstory as of the First Avenger. Orphan young man living in Brooklyn who wants to fight for his country like his friend but gets refused because of health reasons.

    How about Iron Man? Rich playboy billionaire who took over his father's weapon's company.

    Thor? Asgardian Prince God of Thunder raised to be ready to take the throne when his father dies. Raised alongside his brother.

    How does Captain Marvel really have less backstory than any of these other character?

    And a super hero just "given" their powers? That describes a lot of them.
    And "friends" with everyone? Did you watch the movie?
    Maybe "backstory" is the wrong word. They suffered.

    Cap - Grew up getting beat up still stood up for the little guy. Was specifically chosen because of his character.

    Iron man - almost died because of his weapons, changed his character completely and instead of using weapons for war, he tried to make peace with them.

    Thor - an entire movie dedicated to him growing up to become "worthy" did you miss it?

    Captain marvel? Uhh, crashed a plane?

    I mean, you are joking right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Unless of course being denied the opportunity to fight for her country (sound familiar?), amnesia and being brainwashed by a manipulative race of aliens counts as backstory and having things she had to overcome...

    And honestly, most people tyhat actually hate Captain Marvel made that decision before they even saw the movie because Brie Larson hurt their little feelings.



    Considering that half of all life in the universe had just been wiped out and she was the one that brought Tony Stark back to Earth...I'd say they had more than ample reason to play nice.
    She got her powers before she was "brainwashed".

    She was handed powers.

    I'm not saying they shouldn't "play nice" but she legit is like that person who changes schools/jobs and thinks they are friends with everyone lol.

  20. #820
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,383
    The episode was enjoyable, but it definitely was the most bullshit one, i fail to see how Ultron was that powerful with just 4 stones how the hell a mere human like Killmonger was able to wield 4 stones that easily and hulk and starlord got fucked up by it, and i rly don't think that crystal sphere was rly necessary. when they could have dealt with both while they struggled for power.

    And i think the writers rly hate loki, to make a frost giant get kicked easy by a human like that, it was the cherrypick of bs in the episode.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •