Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    The episode was enjoyable, but it definitely was the most bullshit one, i fail to see how Ultron was that powerful with just 4 stones how the hell a mere human like Killmonger was able to wield 4 stones that easily and hulk and starlord got fucked up by it, and i rly don't think that crystal sphere was rly necessary. when they could have dealt with both while they struggled for power.

And i think the writers rly hate loki, to make a frost giant get kicked easy by a human like that, it was the cherrypick of bs in the episode.
    When did he lose two stones? And the armor was clearly like the Infinity Gauntlet.

The episode was enjoyable, but it definitely was the most bullshit one, i fail to see how Ultron was that powerful with just 4 stones how the hell a mere human like Killmonger was able to wield 4 stones that easily and hulk and starlord got fucked up by it, and i rly don't think that crystal sphere was rly necessary. when they could have dealt with both while they struggled for power.

And i think the writers rly hate loki, to make a frost giant get kicked easy by a human like that, it was the cherrypick of bs in the episode.
    Ultron had 5 stones, didn't he? He always has the mindstone in his head, so when they take the soulstone, he still has all the other 5? And Killmonger is no mere human, he is still the Black Panther, very much enhanced, with a Vibranium suit, the nanotech drone-head plus he didn't use the stones without the nanotech armor. So he had three layers of protection from their power in that moment: Nanotech, Vibranium and heart-shaped herb. Oh, plus the magic armor from Strange Supreme.

I agree a bit with the Loki thing, but I personally simply chalked it up to 'surprise attack' again, because that is usually very effective, even against superior foes. And once Natasha has the Mindstone/scepter, she's powered up anyway.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    Maybe "backstory" is the wrong word. They suffered.

Cap - Grew up getting beat up still stood up for the little guy. Was specifically chosen because of his character.

Iron man - almost died because of his weapons, changed his character completely and instead of using weapons for war, he tried to make peace with them.

Thor - an entire movie dedicated to him growing up to become "worthy" did you miss it?

Captain marvel? Uhh, crashed a plane?

I mean, you are joking right?
    Wow, I don't know how to explain with how much BS is that statement.

What happen to Stark? Uh ... got stuck in a cave.

Just because you can make a statement like you did doesn't give it any validity.

She was a test pilot in the United States Air Force who crashed a plane causing her to lose all memory of her entire life and ended up being brainwashed by the same beings that shot her down.

It wasn't just a "crashed plane" anymore than Stark was just "stuck in a cave."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Ok, i did watch now, i don't know how far the discussion went, vision cutting Thanos in half, with 4 of the infinity stones is probably the most bullshit thing i ever saw in the MCU. Captain marvel going that far with ultravision also, bullshit, her bad gag still don't help making me like her.

It's like nobody here watched Inifinity wars. Iron man (some normal guy in a metal suit) made Thanos bleed with 2-3 stones (idr) and Thor all, but completely overpowered Thanos when he had ALL SIX, and Thanos himself admitted that if Thor had gone for the head Thanos would have died...This version of Vision is soooo much stronger than Thor, and Thanos only had 5 stones. It made perfect sense and got a good chuckle out of me watching Mr Inevitable fall like a chump.

Also Vision was toying with Captain Marvel..

She got her powers before she was "brainwashed".
    She got her powers, immediately lost her memories, and was then brainwashed.

She was handed powers.
    So was Steve Rogers. So was Peter Parker. So was every Mutant in the X-Men movies. J.A.R.V.I.S. was an AI program "handed" sentience, a vibranium body and an infinity stone. Bruce Banner was a physicist that got caught in a lab accident.

I'm not saying they shouldn't "play nice" but she legit is like that person who changes schools/jobs and thinks they are friends with everyone lol.
    No, she "legit" is the person that saved Tony Stark.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-10-07 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's like nobody here watched Inifinity wars. Iron man (some normal guy in a metal suit) made Thanos bleed with 2-3 stones (idr) and Thor all, but completely overpowered Thanos when he had ALL SIX, and Thanos himself admitted that if Thor had gone for the head Thanos would have died...This version of Vision is soooo much stronger than Thor, and Thanos only had 5 stones. It made perfect sense and got a good chuckle out of me watching Mr Inevitable fall like a chump.

Also Vision was toying with Captain Marvel..
    He was missing the time stone and mind stone at that point, so 4.

The episode was enjoyable, but it definitely was the most bullshit one, i fail to see how Ultron was that powerful with just 4 stones
    Ultron had 5 stones.

how the hell a mere human like Killmonger was able to wield 4 stones that easily and hulk and starlord got fucked up by it
    Killmonger didn't really do anything with stones, and he was using the armour to interface with them...rather than handle them directly...the whole reason why the infinity gauntlet exists in the MCU is to give mortals a safe way of handling the power of all the gems.

and i rly don't think that crystal sphere was rly necessary. when they could have dealt with both while they struggled for power.
    The Crystal Sphere also keeps the stones out of anyone elses hands.

Sneak attacks are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Ultron had 5 stones.

Killmonger didn't really do anything with stones, and he was using the armour to interface with them...rather than handle them directly...the whole reason why the infinity gauntlet exists in the MCU is to give mortals a safe way of handling the power of all the gems.

Syg’s fixation on Loki is… special.

So help me clarify that ending.
    Strange had to go back to his own dimension in the tiny crystal and is going to keep watch over another even smaller crystal dimension;
    Where he keeps watch over multiverse Killmonger Panther hybrid and a Zola/Vision hybrid fighting over the infinity stones for infinity.
    Correct?
    Or were they frozen/timestopped etc. and not fighting?
    Either way is Strange eternal now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Syg’s fixation on Loki is… special.
    Which is funny because, for a Frost Giant, Loki is puny and weak. That's the whole reason he was abandoned by Laufey.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Strange had to go back to his own dimension in the tiny crystal and is going to keep watch over another even smaller crystal dimension;
    Where he keeps watch over multiverse Killmonger Panther hybrid and a Zola/Vision hybrid fighting over the infinity stones for infinity.
    Correct?
    I think Strange is just going to live outside of time now. He doesn't have a universe to go back to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Correct?
    From the way it looked I thought they were in stasis somehow, but since the Watcher said they might break out, it seems more like they are kind of eternally fighting and might at some point choose to work together to escape or something? Because if they are in stasis/frozen, they couldn't actually take any action from the inside, at least that was my thoughts about it. On the other hand, the Watcher could simply have meant that without 'maintenance' the spell might fade and the prison break of its own, without the two actually doing anything.

And I think Strange is eternal, because of all the beings he absorbed. Some of those seemed eternal and he fused with them.

I also think Strange might have fused himself, the creatures and his timestone into that new version of himself. In his episode the timestone wasn't really green anymore and wasn't glowing green but red, when he tried undoing Christine's death, along with all the creatures showing up at the same time. This time, it did glow green, but was used together with the tentacles and in the wrong universe, so either that timestone was altered somehow or he uses it in the manner the writers said Ultron was using the stones outside of his timeline, which is to empower himself and in Strange's case the tentacle with which he was grabbing Ultron, not counteracting Ultron's timestone directly.

Which is funny because, for a Frost Giant, Loki is puny and weak. That's the whole reason he was abandoned by Laufey.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Strange is just going to live outside of time now. He doesn't have a universe to go back to.
    Oh cool ok, was trying to figure out what he is now I guess.
    I mean all the powers he absorbed and the time/space he exists in.
    His shields for everyone and the fact he was fighting him off basically alone and with the tentacles was way more powerful than I'd realized he'd become.
    Especially if he could hold him off when zombie Wanda couldn't.
    And then can watch the stones for infinity if need be.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I also think Strange might have fused himself, the creatures and his timestone into that new version of himself. In his episode the timestone wasn't really green anymore and wasn't glowing green but red, when he tried undoing Christine's death, along with all the creatures showing up at the same time. This time, it did glow green, but was used together with the tentacles and in the wrong universe, so either that timestone was altered somehow or he uses it in the manner the writers said Ultron was using the stones outside of his timeline, which is to empower himself and in Strange's case the tentacle with which he was grabbing Ultron, not counteracting Ultron's timestone directly.
    Oh this is a good catch I missed.
    Thank you guys!

Edit edit:
    Forgot to say how much this reminds me of:
    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2021-10-07 at 02:59 AM.

She got her powers, immediately lost her memories, and was then brainwashed.

So was Steve Rogers. So was Peter Parker. So was every Mutant in the X-Men movies. J.A.R.V.I.S. was an AI program "handed" sentience, a vibranium body and an infinity stone. Bruce Banner was a physicist that got caught in a lab accident.

No, she "legit" is the person that saved Tony Stark.
    Its wild how you completely disregard what was said.

You just proved what I said right, she got her powers and was brainwashed.

The "brainwashing" has nothing to do with her "journey" to get her powers.

Steve was CHOSEN, not just haphazardly given powers.

Peter had to go though the loss and guilt of Uncle Ben and have a will to fight wrongdooers due to that.

If we wanna even talk about JARVIS, he tried to fight ultron, was willing to "give up" his life to try to stop him.

Bruce Banner had the "baggage" of not being able to live a normal life, and having to seclude himself so he didin't kill other people.

SHE HAS NO STORY or suffering.

You are going to keep going off into nonsense because you refuse to even see it. lol so funny.

I'm explaining to you WHY people dislike her story, because she has none and you just refuse to accept it, you act like im the only one who thinks this, there were copious amounts of discussions when the movie first came out about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Wow, I don't know how to explain with how much BS is that statement.

What happen to Stark? Uh ... got stuck in a cave.

Just because you can make a statement like you did doesn't give it any validity.

She was a test pilot in the United States Air Force who crashed a plane causing her to lose all memory of her entire life and ended up being brainwashed by the same beings that shot her down.

It wasn't just a "crashed plane" anymore than Stark was just "stuck in a cave."
    It really is like you people can't comprehend what i'm talking about.

It is sad.

Tony got "stuck in a cave" due to the greed and power of his own weaponry.

He had to fight though the fact that his own weapons were being used to kill innocents, and also almost killed himself.

He lived with a piece of his weapon next to his heart that could kill him at any moment.

She got her powers though no suffering, no story, she wasn't "picked" or had to go though any type of character development.

She simply was handed powers and oh lost her memory.(Which she regained mostly).

So in the end she lost some time thats about it.

Peter had to go though the loss and guilt of Uncle Ben and have a will to fight wrongdooers due to that.

If we wanna even talk about JARVIS, he tried to fight ultron, was willing to "give up" his life to try to stop him.

Bruce Banner had the "baggage" of not being able to live a normal life, and having to seclude himself so he didin't kill other people.

SHE HAS NO STORY or suffering.

You are going to keep going off into nonsense because you refuse to even see it. lol so funny.

I'm explaining to you WHY people dislike her story, because she has none and you just refuse to accept it, you act like im the only one who thinks this, there were copious amounts of discussions when the movie first came out about this.

- - - Updated - - -

It really is like you people can't comprehend what i'm talking about.

It is sad.

Tony got "stuck in a cave" due to the greed and power of his own weaponry.

He had to fight though the fact that his own weapons were being used to kill innocents, and also almost killed himself.

He lived with a piece of his weapon next to his heart that could kill him at any moment.

She got her powers though no suffering, no story, she wasn't "picked" or had to go though any type of character development.

She simply was handed powers and oh lost her memory.(Which she regained mostly).

So in the end she lost some time thats about it.
    umm... she had to fight tooth and nail and prove herself over and over in a field where she wasn't welcome solely for not being a man, just to get to fly that plane she "crashed" in a first place. she lost her best friend, she lost people she considered family - TWICE
    (first with best friend, and second with her kree team, especially Yon-Rogg). she was CHOSEN to fly that plane by Mar'Vel. she had to learn how to use those powers, how to trust herself instead of suppress herself. seems like both back story AND character development to me /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Ultron had 5 stones, didn't he? He always has the mindstone in his head, so when they take the soulstone, he still has all the other 5?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When did he lose two stones? And the armor was clearly like the Infinity Gauntlet.
    yes, i always confuse between six and five, its the dislexya, and whats the matter with the gautlet? it makes then endure the energy? by any means? ultron and killmonger didn't had it.

And Killmonger is no mere human, he is still the Black Panther, very much enhanced, with a Vibranium suit, the nanotech drone-head plus he didn't use the stones without the nanotech armor. So he had three layers of protection from their power in that moment: Nanotech, Vibranium and heart-shaped herb. Oh, plus the magic armor from Strange Supreme.
    he obviouslly didn't had the protection from Strange at that time, but by no means i think that was enough for him to endure 5 infiniity stones.

maybe because i saw what ONE can do with a half-celestial like Starlord, what they could do with hulk, but i can't eat that bs no.

I agree a bit with the Loki thing, but I personally simply chalked it up to 'surprise attack' again, because that is usually very effective, even against superior foes. And once Natasha has the Mindstone/scepter, she's powered up anyway.
    they always treat Loki like a human, when he have the strength compared to an asgardian, captain america was not able to do shit with him back in the first avengers and now she can simple kick him that way. i Dislike those kind of inconsistencies personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's like nobody here watched Inifinity wars.
    you assume i didn't dislike that too.

it does not matter what he did or what he didn't, just wielding was supposed to fuck you up, and he clearly used some power of it

He was not suing the gauntlet.

why they would even matter in that pocket dimension, they could also destroy then.

yeah, sneak attack a wall like that, it will sure go flying away

yes, i always confuse between six and five, its the dislexya, and whats the matter with the gautlet? it makes then endure the energy? by any means? ultron and killmonger didn't had it.

it does not matter what he did or what he didn't, just wielding was supposed to fuck you up, and he clearly used some power of it
    The gauntlets, both Thanos and Stark's, are designed to allow the user to hold the stones without harm...because actually touching the stones is lethal for mortals. Ultrons armour appears to function in the same way. Killmonger and Ultron never actually touched the stones...they used the armor as a buffer between them and the stones. And Killmonger doesn't actually use the stones for anything at all. That's what caused the damage to Stark, Hulk, and Thanos...using all the stones together at the same time to completely alter the universe.

He was not suing the gauntlet.
    The gauntlet doesn't have any power itself. It's just a means of utilizing the stones together without them destroying you just for holding them.

why they would even matter in that pocket dimension, they could also destroy then.
    Destroying infinity stones isn't as easy as all that. The "gem crusher" would only work on the gems from it's own universe.

yeah, sneak attack a wall like that, it will sure go flying away
    Loki isn't a wall. He's got the same mass as a human his size. Catch him off guard and he'll go down just as easily as anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

What journey did Peter Parker go on to get his powers? He was bit by a spider. Could have happened to anyone.

He was handed powers just like she was.

And that happened AFTER he got his powers... but I guess that's only important when it's Captain Marvel.

Carol was willing to give up her life to stop the Kree before she got the powers.

And Carol spent years being gaslit by an alien race.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-10-07 at 03:59 AM.

Why does a superhero have to suffer in a backstory?
    I don't get it.
    A journey can be many things but it does not have to include suffering.
    How does one suffering make them better?
    Are they Catholic heroes?
    I'm confused by this logic and correlation.
    If an answer is, it's standard, then that's not an answer.

People understand what you're saying, they don't agree with it.
    We all have different ideas of what makes a good backstory etc.

The standard list:
    The Call to Adventure
    Refusal of the Call
    Supernatural Aid
    The Crossing of the First Threshold
    Belly of the Whale
    Initiation
    The Road of Trials
    The Meeting with the Goddess
    Woman as the Temptress
    Atonement with the Father/Abyss
    Apotheosis
    The Ultimate Boon
    Return
    Refusal of the Return
    The Magic Flight
    Rescue from Without
    The Crossing of the Return Threshold
    Master of the Two Worlds
    Freedom to Live

The simplified chart:

Notice that none of them are for suffering alone.
    It comes with the territory on certain things obviously so her brainwashing and loss of mentor and loss of self all qualify.
    Somehow Peter's loss of an uncle qualifies him but her brainwashing doesn't?
    How do you account for Winter Soldier then?
    It's a line you and the others have drawn yourselves lol.
    Btw, it's ok to not like her and her story, I'm not saying you should.
    Clint is boring to me and I like hawkeye in some of the cartoons but the logic has to be applied elsewhere then where it doesn't hold up.
    He too was brainwashed and we see how much that took from him but with her it's not the same?
    Also, Peter's random accident of getting bitten by a spider is the exact same thing.
    We see what you're saying it just doesn't make sense to us.
    It's not about comprehension.

TLDR: It's ok to just say you don't like something without reason lol
    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2021-10-07 at 04:23 AM.

Is it just me or is it odd that a 1930’s esc AI is some how Able to wipe the floor with ultron. I mean even if he’s not the best AI ever you’d think jumping into visions body with the mind stone built in would kinda boost him above other human made AI unless he didn’t get the vison mindstone connection for some reason.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    umm... she had to fight tooth and nail and prove herself over and over in a field where she wasn't welcome solely for not being a man, just to get to fly that plane she "crashed" in a first place. she lost her best friend, she lost people she considered family - TWICE
    (first with best friend, and second with her kree team, especially Yon-Rogg). she was CHOSEN to fly that plane by Mar'Vel. she had to learn how to use those powers, how to trust herself instead of suppress herself. seems like both back story AND character development to me /shrug
    Just stop, people that are going to hate on Mrs. Marvel, and by extension Brie Larson, aren't looking for a discussion, they are looking for another chance to belly-ache about Brie Larson, or femenization of Marvel, or (fill in whatever anti-male screed you want). When people let them high-jack these threads they are just giving them what they want another opportunity to mindlessly complain about Brie Larson mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Is it just me or is it odd that a 1930’s esc AI is some how Able to wipe the floor with ultron. I mean even if he’s not the best AI ever you’d think jumping into visions body with the mind stone built in would kinda boost him above other human made AI unless he didn’t get the vison mindstone connection for some reason.
    I thought about this too.
    How that analog to digital takeover happened is beyond me lol.
    It's like a vhs tape taking over alexa.
    BETAMAX.