Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    I thought about this too.
    How that analog to digital takeover happened is beyond me lol.
    It's like a vhs tape taking over alexa.
    BETAMAX.
    Honestly, sometimes with movies or tv shows the proverbial a wizard did it, just sort of has to suffice for the sake of time. I definitely thought that episode should have been a two part episode. At one point, I was like Oh, I see, they are just going to get the mind stone this season, and next season they will deal with the rest. A lot of the plot holes, I just had to be ok with because it's really hard to pack a completely coherent story hooked to a larger overarching story, with well known characters, into a bunch of 20 minutes episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Is it just me or is it odd that a 1930’s esc AI is some how Able to wipe the floor with ultron. I mean even if he’s not the best AI ever you’d think jumping into visions body with the mind stone built in would kinda boost him above other human made AI unless he didn’t get the vison mindstone connection for some reason.
    While you're certainly right, an analog AI made with, what, 1970's technology is also out of the realm of possibilities in the first place, and it's not like the Marvel universe hasn't played very, very fast and loose with its science in the first place. See Tony Stark inventing a miniature unlimited energy source in a cave (with, of course, a box of scraps) or Wakanda having access to miraculous supertech but still mostly fighting with spears. It's all plot devices meant to place the characters wherever the writers want them.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    While you're certainly right, an analog AI made with, what, 1970's technology is also out of the realm of possibilities in the first place, and it's not like the Marvel universe hasn't played very, very fast and loose with its science in the first place. See Tony Stark inventing a miniature unlimited energy source in a cave (with, of course, a box of scraps) or Wakanda having access to miraculous supertech but still mostly fighting with spears. It's all plot devices meant to place the characters wherever the writers want them.
    Ya I expect the tech to be all none sense but I’d think nonsense tech would keep progressing and out pace the old stuff even more so when a infinity stone is involved.

Though I guess it could just be that ultron isn’t all that good when it comes to actual AI and any decent one could over power him given the chance and he didn’t interface with the mind stone in the same way vison did.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The gauntlets, both Thanos and Stark's, are designed to allow the user to hold the stones without harm...because actually touching the stones is lethal for mortals. Ultrons armour appears to function in the same way. Killmonger and Ultron never actually touched the stones...they used the armor as a buffer between them and the stones. And Killmonger doesn't actually use the stones for anything at all. That's what caused the damage to Stark, Hulk, and Thanos...using all the stones together at the same time to completely alter the universe.
    hulk and stark were suffering great damage for just for using the gauntlet

i can wrap my head around ultron being able to use as he have the body of vibranaium and enhanced by the mind stone, aka, not a mere mortal, but killmonger is bs.

The gauntlet doesn't have any power itself. It's just a means of utilizing the stones together without them destroying you just for holding them.
    and killmonger didn't had that
    Destroying infinity stones isn't as easy as all that. The "gem crusher" would only work on the gems from it's own universe.
    im not gonna say that was also another bs on its own, but they could simple find another way of destroying then, like Thanos did himself.

Loki isn't a wall. He's got the same mass as a human his size. Catch him off guard and he'll go down just as easily as anyone else.
    size of a human but the density of a damn frost giant, you saw how much he weight in the series, he isn't goin to go down as easily as an other human, she would broke her leg or fall behind while nothing happened to him, it just another example of inconsitency in the MCU

but hey maybe in this universe loki was a human

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    he obviouslly didn't had the protection from Strange at that time, but by no means i think that was enough for him to endure 5 infiniity stones.

maybe because i saw what ONE can do with a half-celestial like Starlord, what they could do with hulk, but i can't eat that bs no.
    Just for the record, only one Infinity Stone does that kind of shit (power), and all six together because of their special interaction.

In Infinity War, Thanos gets the Space Stone in his hand after breaking the Tesseract, nothing happens to him. He gets the Mind Stone from Vision's head, nothing happens to him (until it gets mixed with the other 5 and you see the power starting to grow). He gets the Time Stone the same way.

Only the Power Stone cannot be wield by hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Just for the record, only one Infinity Stone does that kind of shit (power), and all six together because of their special interaction.

In Infinity War, Thanos gets the Space Stone in his hand after breaking the Tesseract, nothing happens to him. He gets the Mind Stone from Vision's head, nothing happens to him (until it gets mixed with the other 5 and you see the power starting to grow). He gets the Time Stone the same way.

Only the Power Stone cannot be wield by hands.
    thanos wield by hands when he blast captain marvel, and killmonger had 5, nothing happened

hulk and stark were suffering great damage for just for using the gauntlet
    That's the difference. They actually used it. Killmonger didn't actually use it. He didn't snap. He didn't blip. He was just in possession of the stones. The stones didn't do any damage to anyone until after they tried using them together.

Thanos got all fucked up AFTER he Snapped.
    Hulk got all fucked up AFTER he Snapped
    Tony got all fucked up AFTER he Snapped.

Killmonger never Snapped. So Killmonger never got all fucked up.

and killmonger didn't had that
    the Armour was fullfilling the same purpose.

size of a human but the density of a damn frost giant, you saw how much he weight in the series, he isn't goin to go down as easily as an other human, she would broke her leg or fall behind while nothing happened to him, it just another example of inconsitency in the MCU
    Loki is a tiny and weak frost giant. He's strong compared to humans...but to frost giants he's nothing. That's why his father abandoned him as a baby...because he was so puny.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-10-07 at 06:52 AM.

you assume i didn't dislike that too.
    It really has zero to do with whether you liked it or not, it's consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Why does a superhero have to suffer in a backstory?
    I don't get it.
    A journey can be many things but it does not have to include suffering.
    How does one suffering make them better?
    Are they Catholic heroes?
    Considering America's unhealthy relationship with christianity and how Hollywood doesn't bother reflecting on the way they interpret catholic myths anymore, I'd say yes. They are catholic heroes by default.

That's the difference. They actually used it. Killmonger didn't actually use it. He didn't snap. He didn't blip. He was just in possession of the stones. The stones didn't do any damage to anyone until after they tried using them together.

Correction, Thanos felt the energy flowing when the sixth stone was embedded in the gauntlet, he somehow managed it. But Hulk's arm started to be fucked up as soon as he wore the gauntlet, same for Stark.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    It really is like you people can't comprehend what i'm talking about.

It is sad.

Tony got "stuck in a cave" due to the greed and power of his own weaponry.

He had to fight though the fact that his own weapons were being used to kill innocents, and also almost killed himself.

He lived with a piece of his weapon next to his heart that could kill him at any moment.

She got her powers though no suffering, no story, she wasn't "picked" or had to go though any type of character development.

She simply was handed powers and oh lost her memory.(Which she regained mostly).

So in the end she lost some time thats about it.
    It is sad that you don't understand that you are being a dishonest person in this argument.
    It isn't use who can't comprehend what you are talking about. (If everyone doesn't understand you, the problem is you not them.)

I am pointing out claiming Marvel just crashed a plane is akin to saying Tony was just stuck in a cave.

A character doesn't need to "suffer" to go through a story. You purposefully throw out details for Marvel, but keep all details you feel are necessary to make it seem like other characters went through more.

Essentially because of your own willful ignorance, you make your argument.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-10-07 at 10:40 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It really has zero to do with whether you liked it or not, it's consistent.
    and, i also complained about that inconsistency too, don't make it look like everyone gave free pass for that.

things are so messed up that the writers try to explain things and just make things more confuse, in regards of infinity stones working on different multiverses, like only people in that universe could use it, but killmonger did use it, or when they say they don't have their special power outside their universe, but strange use the timestop time power in ultron timeline.

and, i also complained about that inconsistency too, don't make it look like everyone gave free pass for that.

things are so messed up that the writers try to explain things and just make things more confuse, in regards of infinity stones working on different multiverses, like only people in that universe could use it, but killmonger did use it, or when they say they don't have their special power outside their universe, but strange use the timestop time power in ultron timeline.
    Your head canon is weird. We’ve known the stones work outside their universe for years now. Ever hear of Doctor Strange? As in the movie… And who said only someone from that universe could use them?

dude literally made an ultron armor for himself, controlled the stones with his will/mind and pull then close of him in a battle against zola, how is that not using????

he use it , period. and the others were taking damage just by having the stones on then, before the snap

if you acutally pay attention you can see how hulk and stark were suffering by just putting the stones together, BEFORE snapping.

the Armour was fullfilling the same purpose.
    and how did killmonger created that armor without using the stones?

Loki is a tiny and weak frost giant. He's strong compared to humans...but to frost giants he's nothing. That's why his father abandoned him as a baby...because he was so puny.
    it doe snot amtter if he is puny to frost giants standarts(even when this is just his shapeshiting thing) he still is a frost giant that often goes toe to toe against asgardians, its bonkers to think a mere human could do that, when a super soldier could not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Your head canon is weird. We’ve known the stones work outside their universe for years now. Ever hear of Doctor Strange? As in the movie… And who said only someone from that universe could use them?
    its the writers saying ina interview, not me, so im not sure how this is my "headcanon"

dude literally made an ultron armor for himself, controlled the stones with his will/mind and pull then close of him in a battle against zola, how is that not using????

he use it , period. and the others were taking damage just by having the stones on then, before the snap

if you acutally pay attention you can see how hulk and stark were suffering by just putting the stones together, BEFORE snapping.

and how did killmonger created that armor without using the stones?

it doe snot amtter if he is puny to frost giants standarts(even when this is just his shapeshiting thing) he still is a frost giant that often goes toe to toe against asgardians, its bonkers to think a mere human could do that, when a super soldier could not

- - - Updated - - -

its the writers saying ina interview, not me, so im not sure how this is my "headcanon"
    Go ahead and link that interview then.

Go ahead and link that interview then.
    didn't find the interview but i found the twitter of him saying about ultron

https://twitter.com/theashbradley/st...697760770?s=21

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Just stop, people that are going to hate on Mrs. Marvel, and by extension Brie Larson, aren't looking for a discussion, they are looking for another chance to belly-ache about Brie Larson, or femenization of Marvel, or (fill in whatever anti-male screed you want). When people let them high-jack these threads they are just giving them what they want another opportunity to mindlessly complain about Brie Larson mainly.
    just wait til Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness releases and they see Miss America. they are going to lose their tiny little misogynistic racist minds

didn't find the interview but i found the twitter of him saying about ultron

https://twitter.com/theashbradley/st...697760770?s=21
    That literally doesn’t say what you think. It says they work outside their universe or he wouldn’t be able to punch through the multiverse like that. One punch and he’d lose the power of the stones and Uatu would smack him down. The whole “they don’t work outside their universe” is a comics thing. It was shown to be false in Doctor Strange during the final battle.

That literally doesn’t say what you think. It says they work outside their universe or he wouldn’t be able to punch through the multiverse like that. One punch and he’d lose the power of the stones and Uatu would smack him down. The whole “they don’t work outside their universe” is a comics thing. It was shown to be false in Doctor Strange during the final battle.
    it says he can use the stones because he is a being from the same universe, contradictoryw hen killmonger use it as well. .

it says he can use the stones because he is a being from the same universe, contradictoryw hen killmonger use it as well. .
    I’ve seen nothing in the MCU to establish that rule. Sooooo, let’s leave the comics aside and use MCU as canon here. Clearly it’s not the case that you have to be from the same universe. Otherwise Endgame wouldn’t have worked.