Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    just like i said, it was a nonsensical thing for comedic purpose, as it is a cartoon impossible bs happens

i merely point that i don't like it, don't need to get triggered about it
    THen what you are saying is you don't like superhero flicks...because that happens all the time.

*checks thread title*

Huh, it actually isn't the Loki thread. Weird, though, it seems to be the same shit.

Anyway, do we know literally anything about S2 beside the fact it exists?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    *checks thread title*

Huh, it actually isn't the Loki thread. Weird, though, it seems to be the same shit.

Anyway, do we know literally anything about S2 beside the fact it exists?
    Yes, it’ll have characters from movies like Shang Chi and The Eternals(as well as other phase 4 stuff). We’re also supposedly getting the Gamora/Tony Stark episode that was cut from S1.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes, it’ll have characters from movies like Shang Chi and The Eternals(as well as other phase 4 stuff). We’re also supposedly getting the Gamora/Tony Stark episode that was cut from S1.
    So a cheeky "extra" episode. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    THen what you are saying is you don't like superhero flicks...because that happens all the time.
    i don't like those nonsensical bs, yeah, i don't know why is such a problem for you, what i like or don't like it

i don't like those nonsensical bs, yeah, i don't know why is such a problem for you, what i like or don't like it
    Maybe because you entering a discussion about something you don't enjoy for the exclusive reason to tell people you don't enjoy it makes you look incredibly... petty? Sorry, saying you don't like 'nonsensical stuff' in Superhero movies is an incredibly dumb thing to say. The entire genre is designed to make sense only to its own internal rules. In a world where 6 stones can wipe out half the universe it's perfectly fine for anyone to kick people around like ragdolls. If you like stuff to make sense, stay out of discussions about Fantasy and SciFi.

It's just an extremely petty reason to drag a show. Like, especially in this instance, because it just doesn't matter.

But I'm more than happy to stop talking about it. All you have to do is not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Maybe because you entering a discussion about something you don't enjoy for the exclusive reason to tell people you don't enjoy it makes you look incredibly... petty? Sorry, saying you don't like 'nonsensical stuff' in Superhero movies is an incredibly dumb thing to say. The entire genre is designed to make sense only to its own internal rules. In a world where 6 stones can wipe out half the universe it's perfectly fine for anyone to kick people around like ragdolls. If you like stuff to make sense, stay out of discussions about Fantasy and SciFi.
    im not entering the discussion, i talked about the episode, that i enjoyed and merely pointed what i didn't like

some people here got offended by that and are arguing over and over how it is possible, how its make sense, then backtracking saying its super-hero tidbits that are meant to be nonsensensical etc.

Yeah, what i say does not make sense in its own internal rules, this happen all the time, i just pointed something that did happen in one of the episodes and said i didn't like that, but, some people get triggered by someone else personal taste.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just an extremely petty reason to drag a show. Like, especially in this instance, because it just doesn't matter.
    im not dragging a show or saying it was bad, i liked very much, first episode still is my favorite, but i don't see why can't point at something i don't like it .

But I'm more than happy to stop talking about it. All you have to do is not reply.
    so, you just confirmed you keep replying and dragging this discussion, to get the last comment to feel like you "won" the argument? and i am the petty one?

if you start replying to me, nothing more fair that you stopping replying to me first.

so, you just confirmed you keep replying and dragging this discussion, to get the last comment to feel like you "won" the argument? and i am the petty one?
    Isn't that exactly what you are doing here?

Accusing me of doing the very thing you are actually doing?

Seems pretty petty.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-10-13 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Maybe because you entering a discussion about something you don't enjoy for the exclusive reason to tell people you don't enjoy it makes you look incredibly... petty?
    I left the New World thread for this very reason.
    The response I got about my positivity not having more weight than his negativity was pretty funny.
    Was a new one for me.
    I don't think Syeg is doing that so much as just arguing.
    Hard to have a good convo if people want to argue though.
    So yes things happen we all don't agree with;
    From Brie Larson, to Loki getting kicked to Thanos getting lol'd.
    The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ara Myrr View Post
    Ah, so that was the reason. Thought I missed an ep as well.

I'm a little confused as to what Strange did though, what exactly did he consume?

Edit: quote fix.
    energy transmutation. all the power ultron put into the explosion just gave him a power up. 2 ez 4 da wizard

- - - Updated - - -

i watched the finale while soul bombing on acid and mushrooms, watching them fight ultron was amazing. it was like i was inside the show
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Isn't that exactly what you are doing here?

Accusing me of doing the very thing you are actually doing?

Seems pretty petty.
    Arguing with Syegfryed doesn't actually get anywhere.
    I have yet to see him ever say he was mistaken.

In this case, he is wrong as we see humans fight against Loki. Hell, Jane in Thor the Dark World was able to slap him and he felt and reacted to it. I don't see how it would be silly of someone of Widow's caliber to kick him off balance.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-10-14 at 08:04 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post

In this case, he is wrong as we see humans fight against Loki. Hell, Jane in Thor the Dark World was able to slap him and he felt and reacted to it. I don't see how it would be silly of someone of Widow's caliber to kick him off balance.
    Man, that's such a great example. I wish I had thought of it.

Of course, He'll be along shortly to tell us how that was "inconsistent" too.

Man, that's such a great example. I wish I had thought of it.

Of course, He'll be along shortly to tell us how that was "inconsistent" too.
    He seems to completely not understand that power and strength is only part of it. As being powerful doesn't removed ability for surprise or shock, or good leverage etc
    The reason power is also portrayed inconsistently is to give the viewer the ability to believe something is possible.

If you had Loki untouchable by normal humans, it is a boring story. There is nothing but the super powerful beings capable of stopping him.
    Syegfryed always seems to want the stories to be more boring because it wants insane consistency that does even exist in the real world.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

He seems to completely not understand that power and strength is only part of it. As being powerful doesn't removed ability for surprise or shock, or good leverage etc
    The reason power is also portrayed inconsistently is to give the viewer the ability to believe something is possible.

If you had Loki untouchable by normal humans, it is a boring story. There is nothing but the super powerful beings capable of stopping him.
    Syegfryed always seems to want the stories to be more boring because it wants insane consistency that does even exist in the real world.
    Yeah, I was trying to explain the difference between taking a hit you are ready and braced for and taking a hit that you didn't see coming... but he doesn't even want to consider other factors.

You guys ever watch DBZ? There is a scene where Goku is in his most powerful form (at the time) and is just chilling out on some grass with his eyes shut, guard completely down. Krillin, even as a very powerful human is still the equivalent of an ant to Goku, is amazed at how Goku is so totally super amazing to be so carefree and bets he's still super alert to everything even while his eyes are shut and appears to have not a care in the world.

So, he throws a small stone at him to test him. The stone hits Goku and he cries out in pain wondering wtf his friend just did that for.

This is humans affecting Loki when you think they shouldn't be able to.

You guys ever watch DBZ? There is a scene where Goku is in his most powerful form (at the time) and is just chilling out on some grass with his eyes shut, guard completely down. Krillin, even as a very powerful human is still the equivalent of an ant to Goku, is amazed at how Goku is so totally super amazing to be so carefree and bets he's still super alert to everything even while his eyes are shut and appears to have not a care in the world.

So, he throws a small stone at him to test him. The stone hits Goku and he cries out in pain wondering wtf his friend just did that for.

Dragon Ball's canon has a lot of cases that support weaker characters getting hits that impact far stronger characters.

My knowledge of the original series isn't the best, but in Z and Super there are instances of it happening.
    –The Sith Code

Not a DBZ fan sorry lol but I will say!
    One can never tire of Loki getting slapped.
    From Jane to Sif to Hunter B-15, it's ever so fun.

He cried out, but I dunno if it was in anyway painful. I often make exclamations when there’s no pain but others might feel some. It’s more an acknowledgment of the impact than the effect of it.

lmao, people calling me "petty" but still dragging on this subject forever, massive triggered

who said that isn't silly as well? tht is even more BS, but you know, that movie didn't came out yesterday and isn't part of what if series.