Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ...
41
49
50
51
52
53
LastLast
  1. #1001
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    who said that isn't silly as well? tht is even more BS, but you know, that movie didn't came out yesterday and isn't part of what if series.
    You are correct it didn't come out yesterday and may even be correct it is silly, but it is also evidence your stance on the subject is 100% incorrect to hold when it comes to MCU Loki in any form.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  2. #1002
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You are correct it didn't come out yesterday and may even be correct it is silly, but it is also evidence your stance on the subject is 100% incorrect to hold when it comes to MCU Loki in any form.
    Isn’t that the crux of this “debate”? Most of us shrug off this stuff as “superhero movie tropes” or what have you. Nobody actually has the stance of Loki’s portrayal in the strength/mass/etc category as being consistent throughout the MCU. I could make a much bigger deal about the pym particles but I’d honestly have nobody to argue with since nobody is taking the stance of their perfect, consistent, and sensible implementation.

  3. #1003
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yeah, I was trying to explain the difference between taking a hit you are ready and braced for and taking a hit that you didn't see coming... but he doesn't even want to consider other factors.
    When you're that strong (Loki is in the 30 ton weight class) a 100 lbs woman could sneak him with a baseball bat and it would never make a difference. (Whedon in the first Avengers showed that well)

  4. #1004
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You are correct it didn't come out yesterday and may even be correct it is silly, but it is also evidence your stance on the subject is 100% incorrect to hold when it comes to MCU Loki in any form.
    how it is 100% incorrect if literally proves my point that the MCU make those inconsistences for comic relief or another dumb reasons and i think that is stupid? lmao

  5. #1005
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    how it is 100% incorrect if literally proves my point that the MCU make those inconsistences for comic relief or another dumb reasons and i think that is stupid? lmao
    If they are consistency portraying these inconsistencies you claim, did you ever stop to think you are the one who is wrong?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  6. #1006
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    If they are consistency portraying these inconsistencies you claim, did you ever stop to think you are the one who is wrong?
    so you are claiming that, since there is so much inconsistencies there is a "consistency in the inconsistencies" and for that, i am wrong?

    this is a straight up fallacy, and no im not wrong, it is bullshit if there is one or ten of it.

  7. #1007
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    so you are claiming that, since there is so much inconsistencies there is a "consistency in the inconsistencies" and for that, i am wrong?

    this is a straight up fallacy, and no im not wrong, it is bullshit if there is one or ten of it.
    No, I am saying that you may be wrong on it being at all inconsistencies because you made an assumption of where it needs to be to be consistent.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  8. #1008
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,387
    After seeing vision cutting thanos in half easily with 5 infinity stones, the plan of ant-man going into thanos butt-hole to explode would work and i want to see that what if

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    No, I am saying that you may be wrong on it being at all inconsistencies because you made an assumption of where it needs to be to be consistent.
    it is an inconsistence when the super soldier can't hurt him, but after that they just kick the bucket and made bs

    it is inconsistent, if it have to be consistent or not, is not what im discussing, i just think it is bullshit

  9. #1009
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it is an inconsistence when the super soldier can't hurt him, but after that they just kick the bucket and made bs

    it is inconsistent, if it have to be consistent or not, is not what im discussing, i just think it is bullshit
    Where was it ever shown a super soldier "can't" hurt him?

    Because I can't see it here:

    His reaction to an unexpected slap and an expected punch are pretty similar.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  10. #1010
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i just think it is bullshit
    Then why are you watching it?

  11. #1011
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Where was it ever shown a super soldier "can't" hurt him?

    His reaction to an unexpected slap and an expected punch are pretty similar.
    he barely flinch to his attacks, but hey, maybe jane and steven have the same powers and im just wrong, and people can't dislike things

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Then why are you watching it?
    one bullshit isn't going to ruin the entire series for me, i just pointed what i like and what i dislike in one of the episodes

    but some people here are making a ruckus and nitpicking what i dislike and dragging out the discussion

  12. #1012
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    he barely flinch to his attacks, but hey, maybe jane and steven have the same powers and im just wrong, and people can't dislike things
    You can dislike it, I have no problem with that.

    If your argument was "I find this inconsistent therefore I don't like it." no problem. But, your argument is more "This is 100% inconsistent, therefore it is bad."

    But, Loki is consistent enough to be a believable in the story. The way you argue that real world doesn't even reach your required consistency.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  13. #1013
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    When you're that strong (Loki is in the 30 ton weight class) a 100 lbs woman could sneak him with a baseball bat and it would never make a difference. (Whedon in the first Avengers showed that well)


    'nuff said

    Also, Loki, in the comics, is in the 30 ton weight class. He's never shown to be anywhere near that strong in the MCU
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-10-15 at 08:01 PM.

  14. #1014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    'nuff said
    Yeah... You said it.
    A guy with the the musculoskeletal structure to bench 30 tons.. A more genuine reaction such as her cradling her broken hand would have played better.
    But then I'm talking comics...not the mcu shit that insists on giving human vulnerability to aliens and gods...and even more developed superheroes. Spider-Man standing there hands on his hips letting Joe average criminal punch him in the jaw with the expected logical reaction of Joe holding his busted fist. Because a musculoskeletal structure such as Spider-Man has..his jaw is like hitting a brick wall.

  15. #1015
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah... You said it.
    A guy with the the musculoskeletal structure to bench 30 tons.. A more genuine reaction such as her cradling her broken hand would have played better.
    But then I'm talking comics...not the mcu shit that insists on giving human vulnerability to aliens and gods...and even more developed superheroes. Spider-Man standing there hands on his hips letting Joe average criminal punch him in the jaw with the expected logical reaction of Joe holding his busted fist. Because a musculoskeletal structure such as Spider-Man has..his jaw is like hitting a brick wall.
    Yes, you're talking comics. MCU is not the comics. You can't expect the stats and feats from one to roll into the other.

    And, even in the comics, plenty of non-physically enhanced humans have landed punches on Spider-Man without breaking their fist...so i'm not sure what you're going on about there:



    Superman on the other hand:



  16. #1016
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You can dislike it, I have no problem with that.

    If your argument was "I find this inconsistent therefore I don't like it." no problem. But, your argument is more "This is 100% inconsistent, therefore it is bad."
    .
    It isn't, straight up a lie, and i never made that argument

    i said countless of times that I find it bad, I dislike it, it is my nitpicking, my personal taste and view and so on

    but some people, who call others petty but are more petty themselves, keep dragging the discussion just to get the last comment and win internet points.

    I never said the what if series is bad whatsoever, just that i dislike some Bs that happens time to time in the MCU. to me it is bad.

  17. #1017
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    It isn't, straight up a lie, and i never made that argument

    i said countless of times that I find it bad, I dislike it, it is my nitpicking, my personal taste and view and so on

    but some people, who call others petty but are more petty themselves, keep dragging the discussion just to get the last comment and win internet points.

    I never said the what if series is bad whatsoever, just that i dislike some Bs that happens time to time in the MCU. to me it is bad.
    Do you understand the concept of a comparison or not? It cannot be a lie if it is comparing to what your argument is.

    Your argument is more like the second, which is why people have a problem with it. If it was the first, people wouldn't care as much.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  18. #1018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yes, you're talking comics. MCU is not the comics. You can't expect the stats and feats from one to roll into the other.

    And, even in the comics, plenty of non-physically enhanced humans have landed punches on Spider-Man without breaking their fist...so i'm not sure what you're going on about there:
    You might appreciate a few panels;



    I can't locate the particular panel from a marvel team-up issue

  19. #1019
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You might appreciate a few panels

    I can't locate the particular panel from a marvel team-up issue
    Spider-Man hurting his fist punching Hulk and Hercules doesn't prove your point about Normal people breaking their fist on Spider-Man's jaw...
    And for every panel you find of someone hurting themselves punching Spider-Man I can find a dozen where they don't.

    I mean, if comics were entirely consistent..Spider-Man should hardly ever get hit by anyone with a combat speed slower than him unless they also happen to not trigger his Spider-Sense.

    But this thread isn't about the comics anyway... It's about the What if...? D+ show. We should leave it at that.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-10-15 at 11:53 PM.

  20. #1020
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Spider-Man hurting his fist punching Hulk and Hercules doesn't prove your point about Normal people breaking their fist on Spider-Man's jaw...
    And that so-called heavyweight contender...that first pic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    And for every panel you find of someone hurting themselves punching Spider-Man I can find a dozen where they don't.
    Wouldn't surprise me. A lot of writers have this ridiculous belief that the 100lbs weakling can trade punches with the 270lbs raw-boned brawler. Reminiscent of this;


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •