Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ya in any show/movie it would likely be toned down a hell of a lot and could easily fit the pg13 ratting if they took the gorier parts out and some foul langue.

I’m just pointing out marvel zombies is closer to say a saw movie in terms of gore then something as tame as WWZ.

This talk of Marvel Zombies made me think of this clip from Heavy Metal. Is this segment "R" rated? There's blood and gore in it but not really lots of it.

Another element of Marvel Zombies is that its not too serious. The above video is shot as a horror short whereas MZ wouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    https://youtu.be/AsLyG6A13f4

This talk of Marvel Zombies made me think of this clip from Heavy Metal. Is this segment "R" rated? There's blood and gore in it but not really lots of it.

Another element of Marvel Zombies is that its not too serious. The above video is shot as a horror short whereas MZ wouldn't be.
    Can’t say I have any idea if you can tell if X segment is ratted y or not and I want to say heavy metal had nudity in it so the movie as a whole we wouldn’t really be able to tell unless I’m Remembering wrong.

But if dawn of the dead was R marvel zombies done right would absolutely be as well as it out paces dawn of the dead in quite a few scenes.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Can’t say I have any idea if you can tell if X segment is ratted y or not and I want to say heavy metal had nudity in it so the movie as a whole we wouldn’t really be able to tell unless I’m Remembering wrong.

But if dawn of the dead was R marvel zombies done right would absolutely be as well as it out paces dawn of the dead in quite a few scenes.
    Heavy Metal as a whole deserves its "R" Rating. This particular clip is debatable.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Ya in any show/movie it would likely be toned down a hell of a lot and could easily fit the pg13 ratting if they took the gorier parts out and some foul langue.

I’m just pointing out marvel zombies is closer to say a saw movie in terms of gore then something as tame as WWZ.
    Saw is rated R because the sustained grisly violence of the movies. Which is what gets the R-rating.

It is far easier to get R ratings on language or sex than violence. It has to be sustained at some level for a certain period of time. It has to meet two criteria as opposed to just the one for language or sexual themes. It is just people have assumed violence = R-rating when really it is more than just violence itself.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Saw is rated R because the sustained grisly violence of the movies. Which is what gets the R-rating.

It is far easier to get R ratings on language or sex than violence. It has to be sustained at some level for a certain period of time. It has to meet two criteria as opposed to just the one for language or sexual themes. It is just people have assumed violence = R-rating when really it is more than just violence itself.
    Marvel zombies is absolutely full of sustained violence the silver surfer being taken down for examples is like 10 pages long with like half of every panel being gore and that was on the tamer side of things near the start.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I enjoyed this a bit more than Ep.1, though I enjoyed that one as well. The effects of one small change affecting so much more made for some nice surprises.

Bittersweet hearing Boseman's voice. Whole cast was good. Solid banter. The bit with "see holes" gave me a good laugh.

Everything's better with Love Song. Makes me think of Career Opportunities. And Jennifer Connelly. Riding a 25¢ mechanical horsey. Jesus Christ.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

So Quill is a loser confirmed.

Better episode than the first one - The over the top fawning over how amazing Tchalla is had me laughing out loud, but I'm not entirely sure that was self-aware & intentional.

The Carter episode was just a rushed and uninspired retelling of the first movie, so I liked that this one went off the track quickly.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Watched the first episode. I was honestly a little disappointed. I wanted to like it, but I found a lot of things bothered me about it. I felt like the dialogue and much of the action was EXTREMELY stilted and forced. It seemed a little bit too kiddy in terms of its styling. The pacing is also rushed, where it feels like they're just trying to squeeze as many scenes and things as possible into a set runtime.

Can't imagine why people might think a 30min episode trying to cover a 2h movie might feel rushed... lol.

Anyway, second episode is much better. Sufficiently diverges from the story people know to make it interesting. I find it quite nice to see how many of the actual actors they've kept to voice their characters for these, too. Some have voices that would be particularly missed if they got someone else, I feel.

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Can't imagine why people might think a 30min episode trying to cover a 2h movie might feel rushed... lol.

Anyway, second episode is much better. Sufficiently diverges from the story people know to make it interesting. I find it quite nice to see how many of the actual actors they've kept to voice their characters for these, too. Some have voices that would be particularly missed if they got someone else, I feel.
    I think most of the characters are voiced by the OG actors, with one or two exceptions - RDJ being one of them

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I think most of the characters are voiced by the OG actors, with one or two exceptions - RDJ being one of them
    Yeah, Chris Evans also didn't voice Steve Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah, Chris Evans also didn't voice Steve Rogers.
    Chris Pratt and Dave Bautista didn't reprise their roles either.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Chris Pratt and Dave Bautista didn't reprise their roles either.
    My understanding is Bautista was not asked to do the voice of Drax.

Seems like T'challa as Star Lord is more powerful than all Avengers combined, he just talk-out Thanos to give up on domination and become good boy.

And it seems that any kid that gots to Yondu becomes STARLORD without any reason behind that name.

"Sir, we got wrong kid, we are sorry" "Okay its kid from Earth, who cares, we can make good Starlord out of him"

Edit:
    I loved Black Panther concept as of Wakanda king or prince that knows secrets of vibranium so that no one with not pure heart would not abuse its powers , but then they just come and ruined it all..... some mystic magic panther powers....tech even or even better than that of Stark....
    I mean once you made your character (superhero) too overpowered its becomes dull and boring ; every good character has weakness to play of from readers feelings Daredevil,Batman,Estocado even my most hated Superman has Kriptonite
    MHA suffers from same problem , quirkless dude with pure heart get power from his idol OK......to omega dude with 15 quirks ....boring shit.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-08-21 at 02:51 AM.
    I want these classes in new x-pac Necromancer,RuneMaster,Warden,BladeMaster,DarkRanger,Dragonsworn,Alchemist,Bard,Spellbreak er

Always liked this image of Star Lord;

“Cocomen’s Post”

You’re way overthinking this. Technically this show is canon, but there is not going to be a Ravagers movie with Thanos on the squad. This was fun, did a total reimagining of characters we knew in the most wacky way possible.

Trying to apply the canon logic to it misses the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Seems like T'challa as Star Lord is more powerful than all Avengers combined, he just talk-out Thanos to give up on domination and become good boy.
    Imagine that! Instead of beating the shit out of people maybe it might be a good idea to talk to them and convince them of a better way.
    It’s a little… inefficient but it’s much nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Imagine that! Instead of beating the shit out of people maybe it might be a good idea to talk to them and convince them of a better way.
    It’s a little… inefficient but it’s much nicer.
    I can get it can work with basic killers or rapists, but with guy who willingly going to kill 50% population of galaxy? camon bruh , what next Joker was good guy all along and main character of jojo is dio.
    I want these classes in new x-pac Necromancer,RuneMaster,Warden,BladeMaster,DarkRanger,Dragonsworn,Alchemist,Bard,Spellbreak er

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    I can get it can work with basic killers or rapists, but with guy who willingly going to kill 50% population of galaxy? camon bruh , what next Joker was good guy all along and main character of jojo is dio.
    Thanos had reasons for doing what he was going to do. StarPanther gave him a different solution. Sure it’s way the fuck out there but I almost shit a brick laughing when the reveal came up.

Just anybody I’ve talked to who’s seen the episode gets a giggle every time the word “efficient” comes up.