Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because those scenes originally didn't have him in the role? Ed Norton was Bruce Banner in that movie.
    So it is weird because it is a familiar actor in scenes that originally didn't have him as the character.

- - - Updated - - -

What if stories are always fun and Marvel isn't the only series that has done what if style stories.

Star Wars had their Infinities comics which were essentially What if. A few others have done what if kind of things.

These stories are allowed to exist without negatively impacting the main story and allow for fun new takes on stories we know.
    Hmm, Ruffalo has been in the role so long I didn’t really notice. Could also be that I haven’t watched that Hulk movie in a loooong time. The weirder voice for me was Lake Bell instead of ScarJo in scenes with Fury. Didn’t take me out of the episode or anything though. I basically chalk it up to these being variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Also this episode shows Ant-man could have been the most deadly Avenger, and probably could have taken Thanos out in the same way by himself.
    Pym particles would be an all around crazy assassination tool, tho I always was bothered they were shown being somewhat industrially used in the first ant man movie, and that was never touched on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The weirder voice for me was Lake Bell instead of ScarJo in scenes with Fury.
    She bit that hand hard with the lawsuit. I doubt she'll be in anything Disney ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCanoehead View Post
    She bit that hand hard with the lawsuit. I doubt she'll be in anything Disney ever again.
    The voice over was recorded a while ago. Just like with RDJ her contract was already done. Hell, no Chris Evans either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The voice over was recorded a while ago. Just like with RDJ her contract was already done. Hell, no Chris Evans either.
    Yea I could've taken two seconds to google and see you right

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Pym particles would be an all around crazy assassination tool, tho I always was bothered they were shown being somewhat industrially used in the first ant man movie, and that was never touched on again.
    Sorta thing didn't work in the comics.

Looks terrible, as expected of capeshit

Quote Originally Posted by MrCanoehead View Post
    Nah I'm not sure. TBH it's mostly just been legal contract things, which happen. Her point of view on it seems pretty understandable from what I can see.

It's not like Ray Fisher, burning all chance of a future career with ANYONE on the way out.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Nah man, Thanos wasn't killing half of the universe but saving the other half. He let his own personal experiences with his doomed homeworld taint his mind, but legit thought everyone was fucked unless he took action. Misguided as hell yeah, but there was a heroic intention behind those misguided actions whereas Joker never had that. When someone showed Thanos the problem wasn't lack of resources but the ALLOCATION of available resources, he took a different approach. Though I will say, Thanos isn't some altruistic hero because it never occurred to him he could simply use the gauntlet to make renewable resources rather than kill everyone - that's why he's still a villain.
    Also most importantly of all, this is a fictional universe within a fictional universe and none of it matters x2 and is for fun.

The first two episodes didn't hook me, but the third one was great. I'd actually be really down for a follow-up cartoon series even if I know it's not going to happen. Seeing the Pym Particle used to its fullest potential and Loki being at his most Loki were the highlights.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

so far ive watched the first episode on acid, amazing loved it
    2nd episode was on mushrooms and i gotta be honest i wasnt crazy about it which sucked because its his last appearance in the mcu but honestly it kind of just felt like "hey what if star lord was amazing and everyone loved them"
    cha cha had some cool moments and his outfit is bangin but idk just wasnt feeling it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Finaly had time to watch the first episode.

- The animation was good and fluid, but i don't think i like the art in their faces/characters.
    - By being an animation they probably had an easy time making Captain Karter use her powers of super soldier better, now it definitely felt like she was indeed super. Something i think they did not deliver well in the movies. They showing Rogers as super was lackluster.
    - Like i said, rly like Karter portray as super soldier, and it was rly nice to make her bigger and taller like Steven
    - The pace was pretty good and it was not boring, with an event happening all the time, they took the whole movie and shortened in an small episode, it was satisfactory enough,

What i don't like is how some things seems a bit forced, why she use the shield? why Stark suddenly think its a good idea to give her if it was completely ignored and only Steven saw the potential? i think it would be better just give her a new weapon, i think she matched pretty well with the sword, making a cool contrast with Steven.

The iron man suit, that good and in that time? come on, that to me was bullshit even with the tesseract
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-08-29 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Finaly had time to watch the first episode.

- The animation was good and fluid, but i don't think i like the art in their faces/characters.
    - By being an animation they probably had an easy time making Captain Karter use her powers of super soldier better, now it definitely felt like she was indeed super. Something i think they did not deliver well in the movies. They showing Rogers as super was lackluster.
    - Like i said, rly like Karter portray as super soldier, and it was rly nice to make her bigger and taller like Steven
    - The pace was pretty good and it was not boring, with an event happening all the time, they took the whole movie and shortened in an small episode, it was satisfactory enough,

What i don't like is how some things seems a bit forced, why she use the shield? why Stark suddenly think its a good idea to give her if it was completely ignored and only Steven saw the potential? i think it would be better just give her a new weapon, i think she matched pretty well with the sword, making a cool contrast with Steven.

The iron man suit, that good and in that time? come on, that to me was bullshit even with the tesseract
    i don't get this argument people use on cap.

dude threw a fuckin motorcycle WHILE RIDING IT AT FULL SPEED AND DIDNT EVEN FLINCH
    the dude grabbed the edge of a helicopter and was like nah
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Also this episode shows Ant-man could have been the most deadly Avenger, and probably could have taken Thanos out in the same way by himself.
    Meh, it's no different then those "X kills the Marvel Universe" comics. It really shouldn't be taken seriously.

I'm still keen to find out the moment in time that would have lead to (and will lead to, in its own universe) that zombie virus. One theory suggests it was that vial of contagion that Romlo/Crossbones and his crew nabbed in the opening act of Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i don't get this argument people use on cap.

dude threw a fuckin motorcycle WHILE RIDING IT AT FULL SPEED AND DIDNT EVEN FLINCH
    the dude grabbed the edge of a helicopter and was like nah
    in the movies he show some feats of strength but i think it was way minor compared on what he could do.*and eh was struggling with the helicopter, so i don't know where you get the "nah")

This what if show that, full potential of the captain power, with Karter doing more things with her super soldier strength, like i said, maybe because it was an animation and specials effects on movies are hard.

in the movies he show some feats of strength but i think it was way minor compared on what he could do.*and eh was struggling with the helicopter, so i don't know where you get the "nah")

This what if show that, full potential of the captain power, with Karter doing more things with her super soldier strength, like i said, maybe because it was an animation and specials effects on movies are hard.
    Can you name something that Carter did in the episode that you don't think Steve could do?

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Can you name something that Carter did in the episode that you don't think Steve could do?
    im not saying he could not do, im saying he didn't, prob because its easier to make super powers in an animation, as movies like that have all the heavy work with specials effects, so they mostly tone down.

By example, Karter roflstop soldiers, easily, that is expected, they are just humans after all, in the movies there is all the fighting and sometimes they even hold a ground for a while, withstanding Steven attacks.

im not saying he could not do, im saying he didn't, prob because its easier to make super powers in an animation, as movies like that have all the heavy work with specials effects, so they mostly tone down.

By example, Karter roflstop soldiers, easily, that is expected, they are just humans after all, in the movies there is all the fighting and sometimes they even hold a ground for a while, withstanding Steven attacks.
    Well part of it is that in a 30 minute tv show they don't have time to waste on a 4 minute fight scene that the hero is going to triumph in anyway.

The only time Steve really ever had difficulty with normal humans is when they would mob him...like the elevator scene in Winter Soldier...and he still won that won with, almost literally, one armed tied behind his back. Even highly skilled martial artists like Batroc don't stand a chance against Steve in one v one encounters.

Steve and Bucky together took on Iron Man and won. He was smashing through Ultron mobs like nobody's business.

I didn't see Peggy do anything really do anything in What if that made me think "wow, she is more powerful than Steve"

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Well part of it is that in a 30 minute tv show they don't have time to waste on a 4 minute fight scene that the hero is going to triumph in anyway.

The only time Steve really ever had difficulty with normal humans is when they would mob him...like the elevator scene in Winter Soldier...and he still won that won with, almost literally, one armed tied behind his back. Even highly skilled martial artists like Batroc don't stand a chance against Steve in one v one encounters.

Steve and Bucky together took on Iron Man and won. He was smashing through Ultron mobs like nobody's business.

I didn't see Peggy do anything really do anything in What if that made me think "wow, she is more powerful than Steve"

i know im not a native English speaker, but i think i made myself very clear about this, "im not saying she is more powerful than Steven" What im saying is she looked way more super, in case, she in fact looked like a super soldier, to me.

probably because is easier to do that in an animation, where movies are more close to the ground.