Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i know im not a native English speaker, but i think i made myself very clear about this, "im not saying she is more powerful than Steven" What im saying is she looked way more super, in case, she in fact looked like a super soldier, to me.

probably because is easier to do that in an animation, where movies are more close to the ground.
    All I've been asking for is a moment where she looked "more super" than Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    All I've been asking for is a moment where she looked "more super" than Steve.
    In the episode, between she getting the serum and the end of the episode

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Can you name something that Carter did in the episode that you don't think Steve could do?
    the only thing i can think of is her straight up tanking that car with the shield but how much of that was her super strength and how much of that was the vibranium reverberating back towards the car from the impact or some mix who knows

but even then i dont necessarily think steve couldnt do that but thats the only moment i can remember from the episode that seemed to push the limits of their powers

- - - Updated - - -

i know im not a native English speaker, but i think i made myself very clear about this, "im not saying she is more powerful than Steven" What im saying is she looked way more super, in case, she in fact looked like a super soldier, to me.

probably because is easier to do that in an animation, where movies are more close to the ground.
    i think its important to remember that, at least at the time, peggy had WAY more combat experience than steve ever did. she was already shown to be a capable fighter and agent on her own before the serum
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Steve jumped out of an 8 story window, tge brunt of the fall taken on the shield. Even more badass, taking a hammerblow from Thor.

So, i watch the episode one and two, i think the episode 2 was totally bullshit and only good thing was the end, and that green thing they found, i assume is a plot hook for later movies.

Thanos being persuaded with a talk and becoming a dumbass like that? and beaten by his old employees? the eternal? the mad titan? i know the multiverse have all sorts of bs, but i didn't want to see that. Also, i think Black panther as Starlord was a bit forced, but he pulled off SADLY, the thing with Thanos and the rest threw me off from the episode..

Third episode was pretty good, and prob my favorite one, i was rly surprised by the "villain",and liked the final, just don't know how the hell he knew about the avengers initiative but i guess he can just search for it, Loki in this EP also showed that he is a fucking god, showing off his powers, way better than his own seris imo.

My only critic is that they killed hulk by exploding him, hulk is immortal, he should have regenerated, i give two shits about what other universes say, that should be a constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    but even then i dont necessarily think steve couldnt do that but thats the only moment i can remember from the episode that seemed to push the limits of their powers
    what i say is how her cut the tank with the shield, like it was paper, the tension in her arm i assume even with the shield, was gigantic, its a feat of strength i don't see in the movie. But again, i also do think Sveten could do that, but they were limited by movie production.

i think its important to remember that, at least at the time, peggy had WAY more combat experience than steve ever did. she was already shown to be a capable fighter and agent on her own before the serum
    I assumed that too, she was more of an agent than a combat soldier, but even then she should knew way more than him.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-08-30 at 12:29 PM.

Quick question for people who have watched them all (so far) : Is it possible to watch the episodes "separately" ? Or are they linked by some sort of overall plotline that is spread among them ?

I mean, I have absolutely no interest in a few of these episodes but some of them have interesting premises, I have no idea if that's possible to watch them on their own without losing too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Quick question for people who have watched them all (so far) : Is it possible to watch the episodes "separately" ? Or are they linked by some sort of overall plotline that is spread among them ?

I mean, I have absolutely no interest in a few of these episodes but some of them have interesting premises, I have no idea if that's possible to watch them on their own without losing too much.
    No link. Completly standalone

Thanos being persuaded with a talk and becoming a dumbass like that? and beaten by his old employees? the eternal? the mad titan? i know the multiverse have all sorts of bs, but i didn't want to see that. Also, i think Black panther as Starlord was a bit forced, but he pulled off SADLY, the thing with Thanos and the rest threw me off from the episode..
    Thanos being persuaded by talk is rather interesting imo. His whole genocidal cravings are built off of being chained by his people when he tried to save them and them dieing off. Someone taking the time to actually acknowledge the issue he's bringing and talk through alternative approaches to solve it, is not something we see anyone try to do with Thanos.

As for him losing to his old minions, those minions were also a challenge for the avengers are various points, and its important to note that Thanos is not wearing his armor or wielding a weapon when they group up on him. When we see Thanos doing well in the movies is when he's either geared up, or when he has infinite tones.

I'm not saying he's weak, but he brought fists to a weapon fight.

My only critic is that they killed hulk by exploding him, hulk is immortal, he should have regenerated, i give two shits about what other universes say, that should be a constant.
    The hulk being immortal is an incredibly recent thing there’s no reason to think of it as a constant when it’s pretty much only ever been a 616 thing and only in the last couple of years.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-08-30 at 02:23 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    That would be hilarious if that was the inspiration. What surprised me most was showing Hulk explode. Yeah, it wasn't graphic, but I thought they'd merely imply what happened, with some splatters on soldiers and vehicles. It left me nodding "Nice."
    I think he just vaporized by the excess radiation. But yeah, they should've at least show the smoking crater.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Well, technically there's a link: Uatu showing us those stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Thanos being persuaded by talk is rather interesting imo. His whole genocidal cravings are built off of being chained by his people when he tried to save them and them dieing off. Someone taking the time to actually acknowledge the issue he's bringing and talk through alternative approaches to solve it, is not something we see anyone try to do with Thanos.
    is something so out of place that is just bs to, especially from someone like Tchkala, like, dude was taken when he was a child, of course he knew some things, but enough to perusade him into becoming a dumbass? his experiences in the space rly build that?

Like, my real problem still how he act as a dumbass and got beaten easily, i don't think an eternal of titan would get shot down by that eletric blaster

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The hulk being immortal is an incredibly recent thing there’s no reason to think of it as a constant when it’s pretty much only ever been a 616 thing and only in the last couple of years.
    isn't rly the part of the green gate, but his regeneration power are a thing even in early days, he should be able to regenerate from that explosion no problem. If it was that easy to kill off the hulk Bruce would have done already
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-08-30 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    For now
    theres a scene in the trailer where captain carter is talking to the version of strange who killed the ancient one
    so at some point they'll cross over
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

isn't rly the part of the green gate, but his regeneration power are a thing even in early days, he should be able to regenerate from that explosion no problem. If it was that easy to kill off the hulk Bruce would have done already
    I don’t think the hulk has ever suffered from an injury like exploding and recovered prior to immortal hulk.

The closest I can think of is Hulk: the end and even then his injury’s were lesser with his body still being more or less in one piece though wit most of his organs missing.

His regeneration while strong also tends not to be able to heal complex injury’s on its own with things like maestro breaking the hulks neck and needing to put him in a cast (and maestro him self being blown up by the gama bomb and dying.), or when he was shot in the head by Betty and had lasting brain damage needing to be fixed by iron man.

And then of course endless else world deaths like old man Logan where it tends to be super weak.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-08-30 at 04:12 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

at some point uatu is gonna stop just watching and start interfering

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    If this was such a brilliant move, what did T'Challa say to convince Thanos? ...can anyone think of anything that T'Challa would've said that no one else was capable of or didn't think of telling Thanos? I guarantee the writers couldn't either, which is why it's not in the show. Marvel writers of late only ever tell the viewers of the accomplishments and deeds of their characters, they never show it (when they do show the actions of their characters, their behaviors are opposite of their spoken nature... which is how you get our 'heroes' acting like villains half the time). Because why would you show a character motivations through their actions in visual media?

Having T'Challa be the only person to talk Thanos down out of wiping out half the life in the universe (especially in light of the decision was a long time forming for Thanos based upon his life experiences) is on the level of tokenizing T'Challa to the extreme, especially in conjunction with the entire episode and what happens. The ending could've been a slight at Chris Pratt by the Marvel corporate machine, but even if it's not the case it's still serving to elevate T'Challa as Star-Lord by putting Peter Quill down.

The irony is they had a much better premise for a show teased right at the end: What If... Ego got to Peter Quill before Yondu? The problem was the writers probably couldn't come up with a good script for that, either... not that'd I'd trust them, at this point.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-08-30 at 04:46 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Your problem is that the MCU Thanos is not really a fanatic. He's just a dude looking for an efficient solution to an extraordinary problem. He's definitely persuadable.

The real Thanos on the other hand was doing it for love. I don't think StarPanther would've been able to talk him out of romance.

Seriously! LOOK AT THIS HOTTIE! Totally worth committing intergalactic genocide over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Your problem is that the MCU Thanos is not really a fanatic. He's just a dude looking for an efficient solution to an extraordinary problem. He's definitely persuadable.

The real Thanos on the other hand was doing it for love. I don't think StarPanther would've been able to talk him out of romance.

Seriously! LOOK AT THIS HOTTIE! Totally worth committing intergalactic genocide over.
    wasnt thanos doing this for like thousands of years since the death of his homeworld?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wasnt thanos doing this for like thousands of years since the death of his homeworld?
    We know he'd been at it for least decades..because he'd already been doing it when he "adopted" Gamora...aside from that though we don't really know long he'd been following his path. Could be decades, centuries, or millenia... it's not entirely clear.

Also, it's key to remember that the version of Thanos in ChaCha's What if Universe is not the same Thanos as in the MCU...just like how MCU Thanos is not the same Thanos as the 616 Thanos. This one might be more prone to listen to alternative ideas for how to fix the imbalance in the universe. The big change they were focused on in this one was T'challa getting abducted instead of Peter Quill....but that does not mean it's the only difference.

Comic book Thanos was doing his thing for some decades. The only mortal being that could think at his level was Warlock.
    And Star Lord in the comics wouldn't want to come near Thanos unless he had the entire Kree and Skrull forces at his back. And even then...those forces would only be used to distract him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And Star Lord in the comics wouldn't want to come near Thanos unless he had the entire Kree and Skrull forces at his back. And even then...those forces would only be used to distract him.
    That's not quite accurate.

Starlord in the comics would go (and has gone) head on against Thanos if necessary. He'd know (and knew) it was a suicide mission...but he'd do it (and did it) if it was the only option (it was).

- - - Updated - - -

In the episode, between she getting the serum and the end of the episode
    If you can't be specific than I cant take you seriously.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-08-31 at 03:35 AM.