Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

Marvel What If…?

Got the first trailer for What If…”

Feels a bit like exploring pruned branches after Loki, maybe that’s just me hoping Peggy Carter did have a cameo in episode 1 though. Should be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally forgot to add that it comes out August 11th.

Should be interesting to see what they all do, as long as they don't over do it.

What If is fun and the animation looks great. Looks like they tapped Into the Spider-Verse.

Also it's not related to the MCU, directly.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The animation definitely looks cool, I'll give them that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi2003 View Post
    Should be interesting to see what they all do, as long as they don't over do it.
    Not really sure what "over do it" means in this case. Nothing that happens in this show will have a direct effect on anything in the MCU. They can go balls to the wall with ridiculousness if they want to and it won't matter.

When I first heard about this, I did not like it and thought it was stupid. But now that I've seen Loki, I look forward to What If..?
    I hope they some really over the top stuff too, like .. real bonkers, and some more serious stuff.

Im not that hyped for this one, i think only for the zombie cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi2003 View Post
    It's a what if....what ifs are overdone and fantastical generally so the term over doing it doesn't exist.

I didn't care initially but this trailer grabbed my attention. I think I don't give a shit about Zombie Captain though, zombie stuff is usually the same uninteresting crap with braindead (well, that's the point) enemies.

Watching the trailer, I'm a bit concerned they won't go that far in the What If? possibilities. I fail to see "What if Peter Quill was T'challa instead" or "What if Captain America was Peggy Carter" as interesting plots. I hope they'll go way further than that

But definitely interested in Strange/Ancient One/The Watcher/Ego stuff.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2021-07-11 at 12:23 PM.

Not a fan of the art style. Its like Rotoscoping, Into the Spiderverse, and Borderlands had a baby.

Does it got alligator loki? classic loki? surely their popularity warrants it

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    What If is fun and the animation looks great. Looks like they tapped Into the Spider-Verse.

Also it's not related to the MCU, directly.
    Citation needed. As far as I've read everything short of things like the Hulu Modok show have been consolidated into MCU proper from here on out. While it's not in the main timeline, it's canon for those specific timelines/realities. All the previous shows have been wiped away however as a few directors have recently alluded like James Gunn. Agent Carter, AoS, Netflix shows, etc are non canonical now.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Citation needed. As far as I've read everything short of things like the Hulu Modok show have been consolidated into MCU proper from here on out. While it's not in the main timeline, it's canon for those specific timelines/realities. All the previous shows have been wiped away however as a few directors have recently alluded like James Gunn. Agent Carter, AoS, Netflix shows, etc are non canonical now.
    To be fair, Marvel usually plays it somewhat fast and loose, deciding on their current need what is the definite canon, usually retroactively. Like deciding that the infinity gauntlet in Asgard is fake, conveniently forgetting....most of Iron Man 3, really, all that jazz. We already potentially have Charlie Cox in No Way Home and with the multiverse stuff coming into play, they basically have the potential to pick and choose what they want to keep and what to discard.
    Or they can go the Wandavision route and using fan-recognition to market stuff, even if it's a fake-out. We will really only know afterwards, anyway. Maybe. Unless it gets changed again. Or the issues with timetravel get resolved via the premise of Langoliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    To be fair, Marvel usually plays it somewhat fast and loose, deciding on their current need what is the definite canon, usually retroactively. Like deciding that the infinity gauntlet in Asgard is fake, conveniently forgetting....most of Iron Man 3, really, all that jazz. We already potentially have Charlie Cox in No Way Home and with the multiverse stuff coming into play, they basically have the potential to pick and choose what they want to keep and what to discard.
    Or they can go the Wandavision route and using fan-recognition to market stuff, even if it's a fake-out. We will really only know afterwards, anyway. Maybe. Unless it gets changed again. Or the issues with timetravel get resolved via the premise of Langoliers.
    Charlie Cox is seemingly only there because they liked him as it, not necessarily saying the show is canon because honestly they've more indicated they all weren't. You can have the same actor. I mean hell they could keep Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds but wouldn't make the Fox stuff canon in the MCU(although Deadpool would alude to it I'm sure). I mean I'm pretty sure he's going to be Daredevil being a slight nod to the interaction between Captain America and Spiderman in Civil War with the whole Queens/Brooklyn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You're right. I was under the impression the show was just an one screen version of comicbook stories of the same name. The premise is the same but the stories are based on MCU characters and MCU specific events.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You're right. I was under the impression the show was just an one screen version of comicbook stories of the same name. The premise is the same but the stories are based on MCU characters and MCU specific events.
    Yeah I just actually read someone this week said it was technically canon as well. I'm assuming thanks to the events of a certain show that just ended.

They’re now out there saying that episodes could be spun off into live-action versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They’re now out there saying that episodes could be spun off into live-action versions.
    Who's saying that?

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Who's saying that?
    One of the EPs. Winderbaum.

Marvel is really good...I saw all films ad read all comics