Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Whether or not it was intentional, the chest piece looks exactly like some driftwood in color and texture, and how it was 'broken'. Drust was my first instinct as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Looks nothing like the drust.
    Like the tree bark on their skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    It actually is, sorry. No wood here…

The helm of domination broke in the exact same way.
    The broken Helm of Domination looks nothing like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Also, conceivably, metal could break in way such as that.
    Can you post an example?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    Honest question, do people actually enjoy the armored jailer look? Dno why, but you could convince me he was a quest elite, at best a dungeon boss, wouldnt even need to be last boss.
    Looks unoriginal to me. Like a Maw raid set.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    Whether or not it was intentional, the chest piece looks exactly like some driftwood in color and texture, and how it was 'broken'. Drust was my first instinct as well.
    Right?
    i'm not crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    The jailer's chest piece is just a breastplate with a giant hole in it from when they ripped out his little soul orb thing. The Jailer heavily uses iron/steel on everything. The drust are the exact opposite. The drust are nature and everything is wood/natural. Beyond the Jailer's breastplate being visually alike there are no similarities between them.
    Came looking for this response. This ^

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Like the tree bark on their skin.
    Again it looks nothing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    In the recent Sanctum of Domination cinematic we see Zovaal wearing an unusual chest piece that does not match the rest of his armor. It looks like he picked a different chest piece for his armor set
    Now, to whoever claims that is how steel, or whatever substance he's wearing, looks like when you rip a hole in it - it doesn't. It is obviously a wooden bark. And it weirdly resembles the Drust's Barkish skin (almost the same texture and color):

It's a weird addition to an armor set like this (which is based on Maw aesthetics). It would be like the Lich King wearing a Druid set piece instead of a Death Knight one. It's clearly out of place and meant to draw attention.

Now, what if Zovaal is actually the true leader of the Drust? other than a single chest piece, i can draw several other comparisons.

For once, both have grey skin:

(I can't link the concept art for the race, which clearly shows a grey skin)

Secondly, both use magic with a blue/black hue:

Which, somewhat resembles the trees in Korthia:

What do you think? Is there a connection between Zovaal and the Drust? or am i just imagining it? If there is, what are the implications of such connections?
    My thoughts exactly.

Honestly this whole business looks more and more like Zovaal is the Sargeras of the Shadowlands; a hyper powerful dude manipulated into destroying all in his reality for another one's gain.

Which might be a nice narrative tie-in: despite thinking himself the puppet master he manipulated himself the most.

Whethet he himself has an effective master is then the next question; the drust were originally tied in with the nightmare and thus the void, and it still seems beyond coincidrnce that as Torghast is pointing at Icecrown citadel, so is Icecrown citadel pointing at Torghast.

The blood of the old god of death reaches to touch the realm of death.

And let's be honest, only the void is more true an end than death, and the one force that stands for the end of reality.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-07-09 at 03:28 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Again it looks nothing like that.
    Can't argue with what you're seeing. I just know i'm not the only one seeing it.