WoW Has lost my Faith. I just don't know anymore...

I was loyal to WoW before WoW was even a game. I was playing EverQuest and was getting tired of the grind but still enjoyed it. I played WCIII and was so amazed I found the assets of the game and used them to modify by EQ client to turn the interface into one Reminiscent of Warcraft. Complete with spell icons.
    I couldn’t wait for the chance to play WoW and stayed playing on and off for years. But I would say around the time Pandaria came out I started to get tired of the WoW Formula, waiting for new content and for the content that was out to all come together. I would start playing other games for a while till the second to last patch cycle in the expansion so I could seamless play the whole expansion without any weird breaks or content droughts.

I had many friends and we all came together. But now it’s not the same. All the games secrets have been revealed and most have been retconned or explained in unsatisfactory conclusion where most ideas they come up with don’t get any further attention before the developers move onto something else. Leaders and Gods reduced to loot piñatas. The players are left with a game full of hastily tied together threads.

My main guild has all but collapsed. People don’t log in. I have 40 chars around max level or in between. Most are in different guilds on diff servers and it’s all the same everywhere. Think about it. People log in here n there say one or two things then you don’t see them again. Or they only come out for a bit on raid night.
    My old guilds were constantly chatting on the channels and discord. Hanging out running content or something. It was an electrifying time. I stayed for those friends and the promises of those moments.

I’m tired of half baked incoherent stories with Lackluster game gimmicks that never amount to anything or plans that never come to fruition. All of this is because the company behind the game is no longer what it once was and now with the recent allegations I just don’t know anymore. They haven’t done enough to earn my money and it’s sad. But I’ve been loyal to WoW since before it was even a game since 2002. When it was just a dream. Now the dream is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    I was loyal to WoW
    Why? It's a game, not a girlfriend. There's no reason a person should be loyal to it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

If you're not having fun, quit. This isn't livejournal.

It's a fucking videogame. If you don't like it, just stop playing it. Why are you making such a big deal out of this?

You don't have to announce every time you stop playing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's a fucking videogame. If you don't like it, just stop playing it. Why are you making such a big deal out of this?
    Where do you think you are?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do these "i quit/wows dead/hurr durr its not the same hurr durr" threads always have to be so hyper dramatic?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "I Quit/WoW is Dying" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead