Poll: Tormented affix: Yay or Nay?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    The Anima powers are extremely underwhelming and should be massively buffed. We need some OP shit, not lame stuff, like 200 mastery or w/e.

Other than that it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well the good part is that this affix will greatly reduce pepega raging due to road being a bit messed up, which was an issue when you wanted pride at very specific spots which required absolute precision with route.

The less good part is that it feels more anemic compared to pride with these incremental buffs as opposed to burst of power.
    It is not only the "pepega" ninja pulls that fuck up stuff. Your route does not have to be that static either. Getting an anima power 15% trash later is bad, but not as bad as not having prideful for some tyr bosses.

What we always have to keep in mind, that +10 to +15 is roughly the key range of "casual players that are interested in m+". In this area there should not be "the one route", and if you do it different you basically grief the run.
    Tormented does that imo, it still has a best route aka getting the buffs asap, but routes that do not do that, are much closer to the best route than it was the case for scuffed prideful routes. Imo you should be able to go into a +14 without MDT, and just play trash as you see fit and be fine (which wasnt the case in season 1).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I never thought I'd want Prideful back but here we are. The powers are extremely underwhelming.
    Really? For a tanks they are very good imo.

The volcanic power that juggles trash mobs and stops them casting is pretty dang OP if you ask me.

I'm loving it as a tank. Like said in previous comments, calculating % was so boring and restricting route-wise and someone always had a brainmelt if you accidentally pulled few mobs too many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Really? For a tanks they are very good imo.
    The best change as a tank is not having to worry too much about %.

Who cares if someone pulled something extra, you just pull less up ahead, it's not big deal. With pride you just wiped so it wouldn't fuck the percentages

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    The best change as a tank is not having to worry too much about %.

Who cares if someone pulled something extra, you just pull less up ahead, it's not big deal. With pride you just wiped so it wouldn't fuck the percentages
    Which is how it should be imo. I think you should just be able to "wing" a dungeon, without extensive planning and hitting exact percentages at each boss. Prideful just created a too large advantage if you would actually manage to hit all prides perfectly.
    I just started tanking in SL, and it really was a headache, getting the exact % right all the time. If you create "responsibility" with a seasonal affix you certainly should not put it on the tank, they already have enough (which is why they are so saught after).

In my comment I was talking about anima powers tho. They are not at all underwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    My experience running 15s is pretty bad. But I saw that coming.

The dungeons at a high level are tuned to be done with Prideful and the Anima Powers are nowhere near that level of power. As a healer I get like 500 Mastery long as I stay above 70% health and can gobble food down fast. That's it and it is not enough.

On top of that they increased mobs health to make them even worse damage sponges. Making it very difficult to time the key. And that is in a Tyrannical week. I shudder to think how it will be with Fortified on Wednesday...

I like the idea as a whole, but there needs to be some major tuning unless the goal is that we need to gear to 250 to time 15s.
    Literally I am a boomer who pugs and I only missed two timers this week: a 16 hoa, and a 15 dos where the tank was moving so slow and literally had no idea what they were doing (I’m a healer so you know its not a carry lol) - I thought it was a joke even with 226 ilvl fam.. I kidd you not this season is easy as heck so far (I hit 1500 rating without issue, next few days should easily be completion for ksm) - you do not need 252 ilvl to get 15s done

Quote Originally Posted by KaneLivesInDeath View Post
    First week of Shadowlands season 2 M+ is almost over. That is 1 week of experiencing the Tormented seasonal affix.

So... how are you guys liking it? Disliking it?

Comparing it to Prideful, I like how you are not chained (no pun intended) to specific routes for every dungeon. You happen to pull 1 small extra ghoul--BAM!--your key could be ruined with timing the Prideful. It feels good to not worry about that and afford to pull a little extra every now and then for whatever reason.

I do miss "Prideful pulls" though. Big MDI style super pulls with the Prideful buff, Bloodlust, all cooldowns, etc. Those were fun.

As for the specific Tormented powers you can choose from... they feel a bit underwhelming. Could be because coming off the high of Prideful's insane power boost though.

Overall, I'd give it a Like if I could.
    Overall I agree with you. It feels very liberating not having to follow a specific route in order to proc prideful for specific bosses/pulls. I also agree that the powers feel somewhat underwhelming overall. The biggest difference I'm feeling (as a Fire Mage player) is that I don't have Combustion for most boss pulls now. When we had prideful just before boss it was the perfect window to reset the cooldown and now I kinda have to use it more carefully (doesn't help the fact that the CDR talent got nerfed this patch as well).

Tormented is too boring, too forgettable, and the powers mostly too bland and irrelevant.

Id rather have Prideful back. I agree that its fun to have route options now, but I also liked the 'prideful pull' and 'get rdy pride inc this pull be careful killing stuff' experience Prideful provided. They both have pros and cons, but overall I prefer the pro's prideful brings which IMO outweigh the cons.

Id probably like Tormented more if Blizzard WENT NUTS with fun/op powers and embraced them being fun/op and didnt shy away from it. At the moment it feels like they tried to tame the powers down too much, balance them to not be too strong - and that watered it down enough that the whole affix is basically irrelevant with nothing more than a few bosses in awkward corners you have to kill to get a power you dont even bother to read after the first time seeing it.

Im disappointed Blizzard let Tormented go live as is-- surely they realised with internal testing and PTR that its just a little.... underwhelming and boring, and if the affix is themed around Anima Powers, they why not go fucking wild and let them be sexy/juicy/wild ones? Me picking a power that gives 200 stat then forgetting it existed is boring AF.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2021-07-13 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumalharha View Post
    I'm loving it as a tank. Like said in previous comments, calculating % was so boring and restricting route-wise and someone always had a brainmelt if you accidentally pulled few mobs too many.
    This much I can agree with. It's more relaxed for our Tanks and you can't ruin the key with one asspull. If they tune the animas (or the dungeons) better and maybe add some more diversity to which powers you can get this can become a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    I like it over Prideful just for the fact of "we have to do this weird ass route to make sure we optimize the pride spawns". Doing a couple of 10s this week made me so happy because we didn't have to worry about skipping some mobs/pulling others way out of the way/etc.

Powers are pretty bad, would be nice if they came up with newer ones every month or so, but they won't do that.
    Even though I personally would want that as well, I think if I were a designer at blizzard I wouldn't implement it.
    Considering people are already complaining about affix RNG's certain weeks and what not, adding that would just increase frustration among the playerbase especially if they end up being weaker. Complaints that they can't complete X key now because they fucked with their powers etc etc. Or vice versa where players would complain that others have scores from "easier" periods where powers were better.

I wouldn't trust the community to react well to multiple power changes throughout the season.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'd wish for more variation in the anima powers you get to pick, but I already can hear the whining of diehard nNNGHH PUSHhHers of getting the "wrong" selection of choices "ruining" their run because it's 0.066666667% (repeating, of course) less optimal.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I like the idea as a whole, but there needs to be some major tuning unless the goal is that we need to gear to 250 to time 15s.
    I timed a HoA +15 yesterday with a tank who didn't pull more than three mobs at once until Halkias, without a venthyr, and almost timed a +15 Mists. Timer is tighter now but it's not infeasible if people know what to do and how to dps. We were used to doing +15s with 220-225 ilvl while the dungeon awarded 210. Now we're way behind what the dungeon drops (236). With the progressive power boosts (ilvl, conduits, sockets, renown etc) the dungeons will be nerfed increasingly every week that passes by. And Tormented is way easier than Prideful. I think doing +15s will be easier in S2 than in S1. Keep in mind that the most annoying bosses have been nerfed too. Some people have already timed +21s/+22s.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Im disappointed Blizzard let Tormented go live as is-- surely they realised with internal testing and PTR that its just a little.... underwhelming and boring, and if the affix is themed around Anima Powers, they why not go fucking wild and let them be sexy/juicy/wild ones? Me picking a power that gives 200 stat then forgetting it existed is boring AF.
    I prefer an affix you can easily forget, we're already dealing with three affixes. But Tormented is definitely less flashy and impressive than Prideful and I agree it can be underwhelming.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-07-13 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I think doing +15s will be easier in S2 than in S1.
    Yeah, most certainly. My friends and I were timing 15s/depleting 16s this week in the same gear we timed 18s/depleted 19s last season. Although these 3 key levels might just be the intended upscaling for the new season it felt much easier to time dungeons because you're not depending on pride buff to kill hard bosses. Also you get the anima powers for the whole dungeon while pride was just a minute.

The great thing about tormented is, that Blizzard could change anima powers if they want to. Just as we have theme weeks in Torghast we could have in M+. Pretty sure they went with kinda boring powers as a start to check it out and keep an eye on balancing. My wish would be class specific power as a 4th option. Maybe not on all lieutenants but at least one. Doesn't change the fact that the moment they are known somebody gonna sim it and write a guide which are optimal though. But that's always been the way with power options, only way to balance it would be to only have utility powers.

After farming 3 chest options this week I have to say I like tormented much better than prideful.

Better than pride because you don't really have to calculate the % before each challenge.

And the bonuses lasts untill the end of the run so it's cool.

Loving it! Just timed DOS 15+ and makes the route much sweeter
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by KaneLivesInDeath View Post
    So... how are you guys liking it? Disliking it?

Comparing it to Prideful,
    I wasn't a fan of Prideful at all. As for Tormented I'm not sure as I haven't done any yet, but based on what I read it'd be better than Prideful.

With that said, my favorite will always be Season 3 BFA with the pillars that you could use to skip parts of the dungeon and change the routes. While there was always more of a preferred way, you could always use it to adapt to your group and go from there.

My experience running 15s is pretty bad. But I saw that coming.

The dungeons at a high level are tuned to be done with Prideful and the Anima Powers are nowhere near that level of power. As a healer I get like 500 Mastery long as I stay above 70% health and can gobble food down fast. That's it and it is not enough.

On top of that they increased mobs health to make them even worse damage sponges. Making it very difficult to time the key. And that is in a Tyrannical week. I shudder to think how it will be with Fortified on Wednesday...

most likely because you are used to run them with people who are mythic geared.

my experience in 12s is completly different though (i cba to push further for now untill i get couple of resets of GV ) - those dungeons are a joke now when for example a party of 220 is doing +12 - we just did NW 12 with 10 minutes spare. when people will be like 245+ in couple of weeks they will be blasting through 17-18 without problems.

most likely new 20 is meant to be like old 15.

as a healer the orb you should mostly aprreciate is the 20% shields on whole team every 45 seconds i assume thats huge def cd every 45 sec if people know how to play
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-07-13 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I wasn't a fan of Prideful at all. As for Tormented I'm not sure as I haven't done any yet, but based on what I read it'd be better than Prideful.

With that said, my favorite will always be Season 3 BFA with the pillars that you could use to skip parts of the dungeon and change the routes. While there was always more of a preferred way, you could always use it to adapt to your group and go from there.
    pillars were great, but my favourite will always be reaping (or what was the name) when you were "ambushed" by spirits every 20%

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    While your way sounds good on paper, it would be horrible for balancing. What if everyone in the group picked the "wrong" one and caused you to fall short on the timer because of it? If they increase the power the anima powers give then they would have to tune the dungeon to have more health, etc like how they did when we had corruption powers.

Sometimes going over the top isn't the best practice in the end.