Poll: Tormented affix: Yay or Nay?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Yarr, I like it.

Did like 30 keys and I'm always choosing the exact same powers - every dungeon. They should add way more powers and make it more random. Quite sure the intent was to choose but at this point, it's no more a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    I like it over Prideful just for the fact of "we have to do this weird ass route to make sure we optimize the pride spawns". Doing a couple of 10s this week made me so happy because we didn't have to worry about skipping some mobs/pulling others way out of the way/etc.

Powers are pretty bad, would be nice if they came up with newer ones every month or so, but they won't do that.
    We've only ever had prideful in SL dungeons until 9.1. After running hundreds of keys in S1, routes this season seem really odd.

I think it's excellent. The only change I would make is to make the minibosses far, far easier. They should be almost negligible to the point you can pull them with trash. Anything that makes affixes less impactful on the dungeon's difficulty is the right move IMO. Let us make our own difficulty by increasing the key level.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

As a casual mythic + tank this affix is very welcoming. Having to coordinate all pulls around 20% trash was really annoying.

7+ Year Old Account
    it's great, i only wish there were more powers to choose from.
    With the way its right now, its just picking one and the same fixed powers over and over again.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    In a word: boring.
    Still a little underwhelmed by Torment but I do really REALLY like my balls of mana.

it's an alright affix, but i think the 4 miniboss approach was done in a more interesting way in 8.3.

i was expecting the anima powers you got to be different from week to week.

Anima power are a bit underwheling but it's still way better than prideful
    Last edited by Gourbaak; 2021-07-22 at 06:28 PM.

I'd add an anima power rotation personally. The only ones I sometimes vary are those coming from the ice guy, otherwise it's 2x Champion's Brand and Ward of Stone like 90% of DPS classes, looks like.

Minibosses are a bit easy TBH, but not easy enough that you want to pull them alongside trash in most cases. So they come across as a bit of a speedbump to me.

Still, not having to worry about % and getting a permanent power boost is cool and welcome so I like it all told.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    More or less yes. I run with a good group with really high dps and we know the dungeons like the back of our hand. So I was a bit annoyed that we couldn't time a 15 when before we would be running 18s and higher. It's probably a gear thing. We are a bit too low yet.

my experience in 12s is completly different though (i cba to push further for now untill i get couple of resets of GV ) - those dungeons are a joke now when for example a party of 220 is doing +12 - we just did NW 12 with 10 minutes spare. when people will be like 245+ in couple of weeks they will be blasting through 17-18 without problems.

It's not bad, but if we are honest a heal for 20% every 45 seconds isn't overwhelmingly good. Not when people get hits for 60% of their health every 5 seconds. It helps, but it's not awesome. I do enjoy the "Fast Food" anima. That one is creative and useful. But I would like some more diversity.

As it goes everyone picks the same 4 powers every run because you only have a very limited selection. In my mind it would be great if we got one specific power that is absolutely necessary and then a big selection of additonal ones that can pop up and give some cool effects.

What makes Toghast fun (for me) is getting the animas that are changing your playstyle and turn it on it's head. I wish we had those in M+

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, same here.
    Sounds like the people in your group should take less avoidable damage or make the effort to get better gear.

It's alright.

I just don't like how picking up the powers is so buggy. Sometimes it's difficult to click the big Orb, and why do we have to click twice again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Did like 30 keys and I'm always choosing the exact same powers - every dungeon. They should add way more powers and make it more random. Quite sure the intent was to choose but at this point, it's no more a choice.
    I don't want more random.
    Failing a key because you got shit powers would suck.

What they do need, however, is to make it faster to select your powers. Right now it's 10+ seconds of fumbling around the mawsworns corpse trying to click it, wait for the cast, click it again, and then select your power. Just make it spawn the final orb at the start like it does in Torghast, that'd be way better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It's alright.

I just don't like how picking up the powers is so buggy. Sometimes it's difficult to click the big Orb, and why do we have to click twice again?
    You have to click the mawsworn corpse, not the orb. The orb is a trap.

But yes, having to click it twice sucks ass

Massive upgrade over prideful which was awful.