Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The formula is the same in legion, bfa and SL. The difference is the mog sets and mounts were absolutely baller in legion, while the mog sets and mounts in bfa and SL are ugly as hell. I have no desire to collect the ugly mogs and mounts in bfa / SL. Its been a DAMN long time since the art department produced something that looks good in either department.

SL is sooooo bad. 4 covenant sets. They ALL look trash and theres 47352647 recolors. Dungeon sets are trash. Raid sets are trash. Pvp sets are trash. The mounts are ugly and gross across the board. Yikes.
    season 1 plate gear was pretty awesome looking in BfA
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    There are various copy-pasted elements going all the way back to Warlords of Draenor. This is of course above and beyond the very, VERY basic systems in place since Launch. The problem is, they're copying and pasting concepts and not actual systems. Most systems they abandon from patch to patch or expansion to expansion.

I'd give my right arm for an expansion that brought things back down to square one:

> New zones
    > New races and factions to befriend
    > New baddies that aren't here to re-write the fabric of time or whatever
    > A ton of neat dungeons that change over the course of the expansion
    > Crafting that isn't invalidated by quest, dungeon or Raid Finder rewards the minute you hit max level
    > No major gimmick like HoA/Azerite Armor, Soulbinds, or Whatever Socket System They Came Up With This Time
    > Less ad hoc currencies like Anima, Stygia, Phantasma, Freed Souls, Rubies, Cinders, Ash, Tower Knowledge, Sinstones, Medallions etc. ad nauseum
    > Fringe gameplay like M+, Challenge Tower, Torghast are just that ... optional for people who want that sort of thing, stop tying the story to "new" gameplay that is only subjectively fun

And stop treating WoW as a multi-media smorgasbord. I know you won't, but I have to say it. I don't care about all the supplemental media. I don't need or want to read 3 childrens' books plus the novel tie-in to understand the story or characters. I'm literally paying you monthly to get this content. The minute I hear "oh, but that thing with Sylvanas' soul is actually explained in the book BLAH BLAH BLAH" I tune out.
    If they want to have expansion long progression systems they could tie them to professions so you get to progress on it across the expansion. Like a masterwork gear piece or something.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

You did it!

They just need to put less and less effort everytime they make the formula, and as long as they course correct something, it'll be fine for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Cool story, bro.

Clearly gated content, dailies and so on is something that totally only existed since Legion. We all were happy and rainbows were in the skies, until big bad Ion came and ruined everything in Legion the thread no. 12141.
    Daily quests and gated content is one thing. Systems on top of systems is another. I wish they would stop making all these garbage systems that few people enjoy and actually make more fun content like dungeons and raids. Imagine how many more dungeons and raids they could have made instead of Boreghast.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    TL;Dr: ive never playee any other expansiona before legion.

Let me in on a little hint. End game has been like this since literally TBC. It is how the mmo game works.
    I've been playing this game since Cataclysm. Cope.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i always love how people shit on current expansion and in the same breath praise WOTLK for so many things that simply are not true

my favourite was when in some patch (i believe it was nzoth patch but im not 100% sure) someone complained how the patch is empty and how wotlk had more in patches, and i laughed so hard i almost fell of chair
    Where in this post do you see me mention WOTLK? Rent free much?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Daily quests and gated content is one thing. Systems on top of systems is another. I wish they would stop making all these garbage systems that few people enjoy and actually make more fun content like dungeons and raids. Imagine how many more dungeons and raids they could have made instead of Boreghast.
    You and vocal minority of bullshitters in this forum whining about everything wow for bloody years does not mean that "few" people enjoy additions.

As always there are issues for specific groups in everything, but for example covenants are well received despite the whine from the sliver of players who bawl at cov X doing 3% less dps than cov Y and that's why they apparently need to be a fucking fairy instead of edgy skellington/vampire, despite being nowhere near doing content where that actually matters.

Field Marshal
    you are right most of your "realizations" . but the catch up system in SL is ass . Legion you could really catch up when you have limited time even in the first patches you can be ok . but as you stated above, they added more more more grind in SL that makes it super bland to continue playing

To be honest, Legion was one of the best addons they released so far (maybe on par with MoP) and I had tons of fun with it.

A lot of new machenics, a great way to introduce late game content outside of raiding and an okayish story (which is more then I dare to ask of todays writers).

The issue with the formular is, it has not been altered at all since legion. It is just exactly more of the same for 2 Addons now and this gets really boring.

Covenants are a worse version of the Class Halls (which I really liked) and everything else basically stayed the same. This is the reason why BFA and also SL for me personally feels so absolutely stale. Nothing changed for the better. It is even the opposite. With the artifacts weapons and legendary effects in Legion you had great impact on your playstyle.
    Then BFA came and instead of gaining stuff, for at least one or two major patch cycles your felt like you lost something until you got used to it. Same goes for SL. You start into the new expansion and get a direct power downgrade, since you beloved effects dont work anymore.

This is my main issue with this kind of formula. If you repeat it over and over again, it always feels bad and it begins to bore you out quite fast. I did Season 1 and have seen it all. Season 2 is just more of the exact same content for me, because I am stuck to the exact same dungeons. That was somehow okay in Legion, since the whole feature of M+ was new for me. But I had the same feeling of boredom in BFA.

I really dont want to run the same 5 dungeons over and over again for a full expansion. Especially when the +10 Affixes become less exciting with every season.

I see the problem in the mindset of Gamers these days. Most dont play for fun, they just wanna perform the beste, read guides and do what they said, to be the best.

If the content/systems wouldnt be timagated a big part of the playerbase would be done with it in a few days, had a big advantage against casuals/new players. And they would complain about "content" and that tbey are already done with everything.

If the playerbase wouldnt be that much cimpetitive and would play for fun instead of playing most streamlined maybe the systems would change.

Ofc there are some points to can criticise, like pvp gear vendors are useless (mostly honor), cause the amount of grind is huge and you can upgrade gear way to late, but most of the system formed around the todays mindset of players.

I will never get why people have such a big problem with

a) Those oh so complicated system, that basically trickle along with you playing the game by now because people complained so long that blizz made them foolproove and/or faceroll easy

and

b) Non flat zones where you have to think a bit sometimes where you walk. Heavens do all of you just want a dragonblight flat zone all time time? Seriously. I have seen people on this website complaining that maldraxxus is to complicated...

Also timegaiting... that is really not a new thing. Has been in wow since forever. They just spread a bit of story content out a bit to give us a reason to play longer. Because you know... Blizz has never done this for their karma. Money was always the main thing and getting mad about it is just... weird?

TLDR: Systems are next to non consequential. Just do what you want. Flat zones are boring and Timegating in MMO has always and will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    The issue is more that when they "refine" they make a lot of systems worse. The classic example is Timeless Isle (which was good) to Tanaan (which was terrible). They've done the same thing with m+. Legion m+ was better than BFA or Shadowlands because it wasn't fine tuned around interrupts and mechanics designed for the MDI. They're better off when they don't think too hard.
    I found Timeless Isle fairly dull and Tanaan one of the best pieces of content they've put in the game, so the real issue is the fact they're designing a game for millions of people and whatever they do someone will find fault and take to the forums about it.

If anything the problem lately has been that blizzard has followed a formula of releasing mediocre expansion systems then spending the entire expansion iterating on them until they're decent and then dumping the system for some new shit system in the following expansion leaving everyones character feeling significantly worse for it. Seriously, it took some specs entire patches to feel decent again in BfA after they dumped artifacts and I'm sure some got the same treatment in shadowlands. Borrowed power systems are honestly a plague on this game

The Unstoppable Force
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'll admit, I'm still quite puzzled as to why, they've started using dailies again instead of WQ's. It was puzzling in 8.2 and it's even more so now in 9.1.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Its one thing to provide a "guiding light" to players wondering "wtf to do next" and a completely different thing to gauntlet every part of the experience from levelling to doing a stupid daily quest.

I don't know what part of "BFA WAS SHIT" they didnt get and got rid of the horrible two small island zones thing into 4-5 small island zones thing.

Azeroth was different it was continent size "islands" where you could travel and get lost in the story. Here you just fight your way to the next portal while being blocked by elevators and other stupid shit they made up to give you a sense of a long game where its just a waste of time game.

Thats probably why they didn't want mounts in Maw (2 min walk to the other end would become 30 second run) and thats why they avoid flying like the plague because shit zones like revendreth would be 3 min flight from one end to the other instead of tedious 15 min walks to hand over quests etc.

All that being said splitting servers to pvp ON/OFF made the realms even emptier than they used to be while completely ignoring pleas to connect realms.

Those who say "this is what mmos are" should have played some real mmos (provided they were born when those mmos were around like Lineage etc). This crap is no longer an mmo worth subbing for. Not even sure if free to play would bring people back. Its a disaster.

P.S. Legion was the game they should have copied and stayed loyal to.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    i outgrew the games playerbase.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.
    Btw iam multi glad so plz dont tell me how to play, kkthxbye

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I've been playing this game since Cataclysm. Cope.

Where in this post do you see me mention WOTLK? Rent free much?
    Than you should know everything you complained about has been part of the game since TBC.

False.

If only it was like Legion.

I disagree.

I think Legion was the best of the "modern new WoW" era expansions, I LOVED Legion, played it 24/7 it's entire 2 year run. But Shittylands is bland, generic, boring, and very light on content expansion. Shittylands isn't terrible, but it's not great either.

Legion had Class Halls and all the questing that came with them was amazing. And then artifact weapon appearances to hunt down was cool. And Class Hall mounts as well.

There was a brand new class in Demon Hunters to play, with their own starter zone.

Mage Tower.

Of the 8 WoW expansions released, I would put Legion ranked 3rd best, and rank Shittylands 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The formula is the same in legion, bfa and SL. The difference is the mog sets and mounts were absolutely baller in legion, while the mog sets and mounts in bfa and SL are ugly as hell. I have no desire to collect the ugly mogs and mounts in bfa / SL. Its been a DAMN long time since the art department produced something that looks good in either department.

SL is sooooo bad. 4 covenant sets. They ALL look trash and theres 47352647 recolors. Dungeon sets are trash. Raid sets are trash. Pvp sets are trash. The mounts are ugly and gross across the board. Yikes.
    Agree about BfA, but in Shadowlands the transmogs has been fucking great.

But you know, taste and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    season 1 plate gear was pretty awesome looking in BfA
    One set that was great for me in BfA and that was the mail elite Darkshore set for Horde. That was nice.

But the sets from 8.2 and 8.3 was outright bad and boring in my opinion.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-07-12 at 06:33 PM.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.