Interface dipping FPS by a lot

Hi can someone help me with this? All settings are lowest and all addons disabled.

When UI is enabled the fps dips SO MUCH, why is this?

I aim to target 60 FPS, when the UI is disabled at my desireed graphic settings, when you enable UI it dips to 30-40!

https://imgur.com/gmPkFpg
    https://imgur.com/gGNIu3E

What is WoW UI doing to cause this? OR is it a bug ? Thanks

Upgrade potato PC.

Just an FYI, that spot you're standing in has been notoriously bad for FPS drops in general (reported it back on the beta, it never got better).You will experience some FPS gain from disabling the UI, as I gain roughly 2-3 FPS by turning off the UI with all my addons still running at max settings.

However if you're experiencing that much of a drop in FPS, I think you'd need to complete do a wipe of your settings by deleting your WTF, cache and Interface folders to ensure it's not an add-on issue (since just disabling them doesn't always mean that the addons couldn't have affected/changed something in the default settings). A safer alternative is just making copies of the folders as backups in case it's not the issue, or just rename the folders to something like WTFold, cacheold, Interfaceold so you don't lose the data if it's not the issue.

That's where to start. Hardware could still be an issue, but start with the simple stuff as I've never seen an FPS difference that huge that wasn't an UI/addon issue. Haven't seen others having similar issues on the official forums, either.

As a slight aside, what are the specs of your computer anyways? If your CPU/hardware is older, it could cause some issues that you're experiencing. Still, that much of an FPS drop screams UI/addon issues.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-07-11 at 03:01 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Just an FYI, that spot you're standing in has been notoriously bad for FPS drops in general (reported it back on the beta, it never got better).You will experience some FPS gain from disabling the UI, as I gain roughly 2-3 FPS by turning off the UI with all my addons still running at max settings.

However if you're experiencing that much of a drop in FPS, I think you'd need to complete do a wipe of your settings by deleting your WTF, cache and Interface folders to ensure it's not an add-on issue (since just disabling them doesn't always mean that the addons couldn't have affected/changed something in the default settings). A safer alternative is just making copies of the folders as backups in case it's not the issue, or just rename the folders to something like WTFold, cacheold, Interfaceold so you don't lose the data if it's not the issue.

That's where to start. Hardware could still be an issue, but start with the simple stuff as I've never seen an FPS difference that huge that wasn't an UI/addon issue. Haven't seen others having similar issues on the official forums, either.

As a slight aside, what are the specs of your computer anyways? If your CPU/hardware is older, it could cause some issues that you're experiencing. Still, that much of an FPS drop screams UI/addon issues.
    yep this solved it, pls delete thread

i deletd config.wtf, re-did settings and now the FPS is constant whether UI is on or off. maybe something got ruined during patch update? IDK

I looked at blizzard_console.lua and it was FULL of errors, something is going wrong, and it was all from sanctum raid