Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    theyve said previously that they want to tweak the lfg tool to make it more useful, but not have it be the one-click group finder it becomes later. so i guess they are still working on it.
    We have addons for LFG. They re good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    bEcAuSe Of NoChAnGeS TaRdS
    No changes has been out the window since the beginning of Classic. What a weird attempt to flame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    The fact that so many ppl are confused is evidence of how little that tool was actually used.
    That's unfair. Tons of people used it regularly. Just because some people are confusing LFG for LFD doesnt mean it wasnt constantly utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    What are you talking about both systems are wotlk.

Lfg didnt start till end of wrath. What you are talking about.

Hate to break it to you but a lfg tool was in tbc. Not the wrath version of LFD you are thinking of.

LFG tool they probably considered that people won't use it that much or have downsides ... I can kind of see how non top dps specs can spend all day in the list.

Somechanges doesn't mean ok go ahead and cange everything, it means correcting some issues that weren't issues back then.

Besides the systems being WotLK features, adding them early would change the nature of the game... and not necessarily for the better. Even the devs who introduced those systems still occasionally talk about how adding those systems were probably a bad idea for the long-term health of the game in retrospect (same with flying). The only reason the systems still exist right now is that it's way harder to remove established systems than add them, further amplified by the fact that many players are not able to (nor are they willing to try to) see the innate harms of the systems. Add on that the rest of the game has changed in nature due to such systems, whether it's player experience or literal system dependency, removing the systems would be a major shift in development.

Convenience does not automatically equate to a good idea for the health of a game, nor a good experience for the player in the long term.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

1) There was an LFG tool in tbc
    2) Funny enough, the LFG tool eventually won out. People still don't like the auto group feature added later but I hear nothing but positives about the LFG tool used in retail M+ and raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Excuse me the Paladin Seals matter a lot to me. Your LFG tool doesn't. Dual spec would be nice if they didn't charge a fee both in game gold and in real life.
    Oh yeah, it may matter to a few individuals to do more dps, but the effect on your raid or on faction balance as a whole? Wouldn't a change to alliance racials like buffing duration or effect of the existing ones have had a more positive impact? I mean even if alliance isn't better than horde, by closing the gap and leaving some question as to how it will play our, they would have generated some excitement to keep alliance pop healthy.

Also, a LFG absolutely would be better received than any other change. Its a pita to try to get dungeons and group quests done through a chat channel. That is #somechange does not alter the gameplay and does improve the experience 90+% of the playerbase.

Because we dont need it

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Condescending as fuck. Plenty of people have enjoyed Classic. One thread on MMO-Champion doesn't change that.

Go back to making WoW vids.
    Yeah that dude pretty much takes shots at Classic versions whenever an opportunity arises. At first it was witty but now it's just bitter. Was one of the "Classic will be dead in a week" voices.

But I wouldn't be suprised if some new features pop in. Probably not in the first patch cycle though. I would put more money on some sort of dungeon tool over duel spec though. But that is just what the gut is feeling and not a hard prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Because those things are present in Wrath, not TBC.
    TBC had a Group Finder window, genius

all the big servers use a LFG billboard addon, otherwise you cant even read LFG it moves too quick.
    blizzard can add the feature or just leave it as it, it makes no difference.

https://media.forgecdn.net/attachmen...est_window.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Condescending as fuck. Plenty of people have enjoyed Classic. One thread on MMO-Champion doesn't change that.

Go back to making WoW vids.

You have to understand that for some players, the only choices should be their choices.

The whole fucking point of Classic is to play the original games. How hard is that to understand? The only changes that should be made are things that ruin the game for the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    The only changes that should be made are things that ruin the game for the majority.
    So just to be clear, you think they SHOULD make changes, but only ones that ruin the game for the majority of people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be spammed by boosters and people trying to sell Gruul and Mag kills like on retail.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    because they were WOTLK systems, why the fuck would they add them to a game version that never had them, and is trying to be a faithful representation of the original as best it can? are you dumb or just trolling?
    There was LFG system in TBC that streamlined grouping a lot without automation. It came in TBC launch. Classic TBC doesnt have it. So less drooling please and more facts
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    It's going to be spammed by boosters and people trying to sell Gruul and Mag kills like on retail.
    Funnily, i've yet to see a single GDKP / Boost run for Kara / Gruul / Mag, whereas GDKP was all over the place in Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT People who confuse LFG with LFD... LFG is the tool that allowed you to list a party and others could search for it in the tool, so that you don't need to spam chat to form parties. LFD is the tool that automatically matches you to a party and then teleports you inside.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    ITT People who confuse LFG with LFD... LFG is the tool that allowed you to list a party and others could search for it in the tool, so that you don't need to spam chat to form parties. LFD is the tool that automatically matches you to a party and then teleports you inside.
    It's futile bro. Most casuals and newbies don't even try to read.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    You must live in a cave without internet to say such a dumb thing. Haven't you heard anything about paid 58 boosts, tweaked paladin seals, retailish mounts, battle pass, spell batching, world buff keeper, etc? And you are calling me troll for asking for something that was present in Retail TBC (premade LFG finder). These casuals...
    Yep ignore his ignorant rude ass.
    Lots of people have

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So just to be clear, you think they SHOULD make changes, but only ones that ruin the game for the majority of people?
    Yes 10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    There was LFG system in TBC that streamlined grouping a lot without automation. It came in TBC launch. Classic TBC doesnt have it. So less drooling please and more facts
    i'm fully aware of the piss poor 'page' that was used to look for groups back then, and that's not what the OP was talking about, furthermore even if it did exist, nobody would use it as they didn't back then either, i think i opened it up out of curiosity one day and never looked at it again, it was a shit system and there's better options to use hell there's even addons that could be used to simulate it better, but nice try having a go at me though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chibitoo View Post
    Yep ignore his ignorant rude ass.
    Lots of people have
    i'm far from ignorant, and if you interpret what i say as rude then that's on you, nothing to do with me, and if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all, if you are at all capable of such a thing.