Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Since they were open from day 1 to introduce massive changes to TBC Classic, I wonder why they are so hesitant to introduce a tool that was present back in Retail TBC and they totally destroyed it for no reason, when it was very useful despite not being massively used in that time. At Blizzcon, they said they would implement an updated LFG tool but nothing else has been said since then. In addition, Classic TBC community has been very very eager to have dual spec in the game, that would improve the health of the game by a huge margin and would tackle the tanking shortage issue. What are they waiting for?
    Dunno. Some people claimed that the LFG tool ruined some of the social aspects of the game? *snort* At least that was one of the flooding complaints. And yes, I know there are different versions of it but the complaint has been for them both.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What happened to #NoChanges?
    Because Blizz made changes and it opened the flood gates now everyone is crying for more changes. It's the slippery slope that #NoChanges crowd talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i'm fully aware of the piss poor 'page'
    It was far more than just a page so obviously you have issues recognicing the system.

that was used to look for groups back then,
    It was widely used but as you already did prove to have not been well versed to it so I am not surprised you did not use it or meet people using it.

and that's not what the OP was talking about,
    LFG tool is LFG tool, whetever it was precisely the one OP was after or not.

furthermore even if it did exist, nobody would use it as they didn't back then either,
    This we already covered.

i think i opened it up out of curiosity one day and never looked at it again,
    So assuming you even know the system, this'd explain why you'd think no one used it, you didn't. You thus do not have the experience nor insight.

it was a shit system and there's better options to use hell there's even addons that could be used to simulate it better,
    There really weren't at the time and the system was perfectly functional for it's purposes.

but nice try having a go at me though.
    Your practice of self-owning makes this pretty much unecessary.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2021-07-14 at 06:25 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Funnily, i've yet to see a single GDKP / Boost run for Kara / Gruul / Mag, whereas GDKP was all over the place in Classic.
    I use the LFG bulletin add on and see Kara GDKP sign ups all the time on my server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It was far more than just a page so obviously you have issues recognicing the system.

It was widely used but as you already did prove to have not been well versed to it so I am not surprised you did not use it or meet people using it.

LFG tool is LFG tool, whetever it was precisely the one OP was after or not.

This we already covered.

So assuming you even know the system, this'd explain why you'd think no one used it, you didn't. You thus do not have the experience nor insight.

There really weren't at the time and the system was perfectly functional for it's purposes.

Your practice of self-owning makes this pretty much unecessary.
    > it was a single page in the interface options where you would click a little bubble for your role, you could then select from a drop down menu some dungeons you were interested in running, and you could only list yourself for a capped number of dungeons i forget now how many but it wasn't a lot.

> it was widely ridiculed and rarely used by people who cared about the game, more people spammed chat channels looking for groups than used the tool, blizzard themselves said that the number of players utilising it was miniscule and that was part of the reason they removed it from the game and why it was morphed into the current day version of the 'group finder' tool, but keep telling yourself it was successful.

> based on the fact the OP was asking for dual spec as a change to be added would infer they were asking for the auto grouping tool that was added in wrath, hence my comment, you can argue semantics all you want here but that's the interpretation i and many others here came to, so start having a go at them also or am i just special in that regard?

> i didn't use it because i had no need to use it, i had a regular group for dungeons and a raid team in the guild i was in at the time for raiding, so it served literally no purpose to me, and as i have said now a couple of times, even blizzard said it was a poorly implemented system that saw very little use and was one of the social features they were working hard to update and fix, feel free to go and look up the old interviews from ghostcrawler on the topic if you feel so inclined.

> i'll only speak for myself and those i knew at the time here, but there were plenty of ventrillo server communities that basically acted as what discord servers are today just with less functionality obviously, and anybody that was interested in doing content that required a group would either join the public vent channels or would be invited to join specific guild channels as a way to get groups for stuff.

> i'll leave this here as my final statement on this topic, the system was trash, it was rarely used, and adding to the 'classic' version of the game makes no sense because of all the different addons and features that can be made TODAY if you want something in game, not to mention the wealth of resources and places outside of the game that make this system a pointless endeavour for blizzard, the only reason to add this archaic out of date system would be to appease the #nochanges crowd and show the playerbase at large what a poor system it was for the sake of authenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I use the LFG bulletin add on and see Kara GDKP sign ups all the time on my server.
    And i don't, nor seen them on other servers or heard they are common on other servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    And i don't, nor seen them on other servers or heard they are common on other servers.
    A dst sold on whitemane the other day for like 30k in a gdkp

i'm far from ignorant, and if you interpret what i say as rude then that's on you, nothing to do with me, and if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all, if you are at all capable of such a thing.
    Some people (even moderators) misconstrue assertiveness for being rude. It's quite common.

I question the authenticity of threads like this myself. I've seen quite a bit of "why can't we add this feature that didn't exist until 1+ expansions later" or "why can't we remove this key feature?" I think people know that it gets some others going. Whether it's in good fun or not is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I hope they never add either of them. No one used that shitty tool in tbc anyway. And you'll get both in wrath.
    LFG was added only for the Cata pre-patch. I doubt we'll ever see it in Classic.

The day they introduce all the shit that made me quit back originally will be the day I quit again.

You people won't be happy until you destroy WoW twice.

wall of text
    Embarrassing to see someone argue the same thing over and over again on the thread when its obvious they have no idea about the tool we are talking about. The other dude corrected you many times and you are still here even though everyone knows you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    LFG was added only for the Cata pre-patch. I doubt we'll ever see it in Classic.
    Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    bunch of nonesense

Lol
    you mean this:

this thing that was so shit not enough people used it so it was removed from the game in wrath and updated, still not used and flat out changed to what it currently is on live?, yeah, that one, if you wanna try and be clever, at least make sure you're right, now you just made yourself look like a clown.

because they were WOTLK systems, why the fuck would they add them to a game version that never had them, and is trying to be a faithful representation of the original as best it can? are you dumb or just trolling?
    So it seems you are dumb. Because a looking for group (not dungeon) tool was definitely in tbc. You could search dungeons and see who was on the list. There was no teleport and that’s not what people are asking for. As for dual spec, why not add it? It’s a qol change that will definitely improve the game and community morale. I know I don’t like spending 200g a week respeccing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    What are you talking about both systems are wotlk.

Lfg didnt start till end of wrath. What you are talking about.

We got another winner folks. Another uninformed or misremembered past. Lfg tool was 100% in tbc. The teleport was added in wrath. And raid finder was cata. Any other questions?

this thing that was so shit not enough people used it so it was removed from the game in wrath and updated, still not used and flat out changed to what it currently is on live?, yeah, that one, if you wanna try and be clever, at least make sure you're right, now you just made yourself look like a clown.
    Yep I made myself look like a clown when there are a dozen of people calling you out for being wrong and looking like an idiot, what fantasy world are you living in thinking that people think I'm the clown?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Yep I made myself look like a clown when there are a dozen of people calling you out for being wrong and looking like an idiot, what fantasy world are you living in thinking that people think I'm the clown?
    yes you very much did and continue to do so by continuing this personal attack on me when you have no point to make, and nothing worth discussing as you have been proven incorrect at every turn.

i must be too old to understand this new age mathematics when 2 people = 'a dozen' so please educate me on that one cos i missed that memo when i was at school.

see my previous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Same. In fact, it was a topic of discussion today on my guild’s discord.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFG is easily the biggest cancer WoW ever saw.

Dual spec can work, fine. But LFG affected the game in more negative than positive ways. And it did change the game experience a LOT. So you do not want it in classic...

Even if it wasn't super popular back then, I guarantee if they added a LFG tool now, people would actually use it. I would. LFG chat is ridiculously spammy, it's a waste of time and energy trying to parse it. I don't want to spam it to be seen. LFG Tool existed in BC and should exist now, period. Why is this even up for debate? Even the nochanges crowd should want it.

Maybe because I don't have a sub and I'm just reading nonsense from all the drama queens on forums, but TBC classic seems to spiral out of control doesn't it? With classic there weren't so many people screaming for changes or that the game is terrible. Or maybe I didn't pay attention because I was too busy playing.