Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Why are they waiting so much to introduce LFG tool and dual spec?

Since they were open from day 1 to introduce massive changes to TBC Classic, I wonder why they are so hesitant to introduce a tool that was present back in Retail TBC and they totally destroyed it for no reason, when it was very useful despite not being massively used in that time. At Blizzcon, they said they would implement an updated LFG tool but nothing else has been said since then. In addition, Classic TBC community has been very very eager to have dual spec in the game, that would improve the health of the game by a huge margin and would tackle the tanking shortage issue. What are they waiting for?

This is the reason why people were so adamant about #nochanges. Blizzard doesn't make good decisions these days. You won't get changes that keep the game closer to the original experience or are slightly convenient or help with faction balance. You get cash shop options and random stuff like paladin seals that hardly matter.

Dual spec would be very good but would change the game a lot. You know Warcraftlogs currently tracks Prot DPS Warriors and Fury Tanks separately to their respective main roles, because without dual-spec there is a place for them in raids. If you add dual-spec you remove those hybrid aspects/roles, and they are/were a genuine part of the TBC experience.

That said, I don't really care and would be happy to see dual-spec, doesn't mean it's the right thing to add. LFG tho in the modern iteration is an abomination and should not be anywhere near TBC, but they could at least add the original version of the tool that already existed in TBC and for some reason does not exist in Classic TBC?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Since they were open from day 1 to introduce massive changes to TBC Classic, I wonder why they are so hesitant to introduce a tool that was present back in Retail TBC and they totally destroyed it for no reason, when it was very useful despite not being massively used in that time. At Blizzcon, they said they would implement an updated LFG tool but nothing else has been said since then. In addition, Classic TBC community has been very very eager to have dual spec in the game, that would improve the health of the game by a huge margin and would tackle the tanking shortage issue. What are they waiting for?
    because they were WOTLK systems, why the fuck would they add them to a game version that never had them, and is trying to be a faithful representation of the original as best it can? are you dumb or just trolling?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    because they were WOTLK systems, why the fuck would they add them to a game version that never had them, and is trying to be a faithful representation of the original as best it can? are you dumb or just trolling?
    So were other faction seals, but here we are!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    So were other faction seals, but here we are!
    Dual spec and LFG wouldn't have (potentially) caused faction imbalance like only Horde Paladins having Seal of Blood would have. There are some changes that make sense to add, such as Pally Seals. And then there are some that don't make any sense at all, such as Dual Spec and LFG being in TBCC.

Because those things are present in Wrath, not TBC.

I am glad to see people finally admitting that they "think they do, but they don't."
    Only took, what, a year of time wasted with these old expansions for the discussion to shift to how incomplete they are?

I secretly think this was Blizzard's plan all along.

"hey, you demanded we release it in this state! Don't blame us!"
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post

I am glad to see people finally admitting that they "think they do, but they don't."
    Only took, what, a year of time wasted with these old expansions for the discussion to shift to how incomplete they are?

what people actually wanted was to have them release AS THEY WERE and have things added and updated over time, which we know was never realistic as that would require actual dev time and cost money, can't have that from blizzard, furthermore, having the game be released on the last patch version of that time period is a huge power spike for a lot of classes that simply did not exist during the content period they are playing in, so it's skewed at best by that from the getgo.

I suspect this thread will answer your question - there still remains a small but vocal part of the community who honestly believe #NoChanges was or ever will be a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post

Condescending as fuck. Plenty of people have enjoyed Classic. One thread on MMO-Champion doesn't change that.

Go back to making WoW vids.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    the BC LFG tool... i don't know.

Dual Spec isn't a thing in BC so yeah.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    the BC LFG tool... i don't know.

Dual Spec isn't a thing in BC so yeah.
    theyve said previously that they want to tweak the lfg tool to make it more useful, but not have it be the one-click group finder it becomes later. so i guess they are still working on it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    why the fuck would they add them to a game version that never had them, and is trying to be a faithful representation of the original as best it can? are you dumb or just trolling?
    You must live in a cave without internet to say such a dumb thing. Haven't you heard anything about paid 58 boosts, tweaked paladin seals, retailish mounts, battle pass, spell batching, world buff keeper, etc? And you are calling me troll for asking for something that was present in Retail TBC (premade LFG finder). These casuals...

I hope they never add either of them. No one used that shitty tool in tbc anyway. And you'll get both in wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I hope they never add either of them. No one used that shitty tool in tbc anyway. And you'll get both in wrath.
    If only to see the babyraging of posts like op : "Blizz you sell boosts where are the rest 9000 retail features in classic ??? Explain BLizzz?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    If only to see the babyraging of posts like op : "Blizz you sell boosts where are the rest 9000 retail features in classic ??? Explain BLizzz?!"
    Surprised there's not more of a demand for tmog lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    This is the reason why people were so adamant about #nochanges. Blizzard doesn't make good decisions these days. You won't get changes that keep the game closer to the original experience or are slightly convenient or help with faction balance. You get cash shop options and random stuff like paladin seals that hardly matter.
    Excuse me the Paladin Seals matter a lot to me. Your LFG tool doesn't. Dual spec would be nice if they didn't charge a fee both in game gold and in real life.

LFG, as a BC feature that was there since prepatch, should have been in from the start. The addons can only do so much, they miss things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    What are you talking about both systems are wotlk.

Lfg didnt start till end of wrath. What you are talking about.

What happened to #NoChanges?