Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You are compensated. It's called resting bonus for your alts

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude... its 13€. I eat meals that cost more.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Hilarious to see how easy it is to push people’s buttons.
    You find it hilarious, I find it deeply worrying that I even have the opportunity to engage in such a "conversation" with someone on a WoW forum.

Every day I weep a little more for humanity.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They can refund your month if you barely used your sub, just contact them and try your luck.

But what you are paying is not play time. Is access to the service. You have access, you decide if you use or not, hence, not Blizzards fault if you can't access the service so they don't have anything to compensate you for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone who can only play 2 days per month doesn't need a wow sub. Just cancel.

Not that I think this is a feasible idea... but peoples food analogys doesn't make much sense tbh.
    The cost is for the meal prepared then if you eat half, they still had to prepare a full meal, it's not exactly the same when it comes to subscriptions for services like netflix and wow or the like... It's the same movie going to multiple people through streaming, you can't reuse the same meal to multiple customers etc.

Anyway, even if it was implemented to buy to play for the time you actually spend I feel it will most likely cost more. Which is usually the reasons why subs exists. It's to make incomes for whatever company more stable. If you pay for only the time you spend and it's less than 15 bucks a month, maybe down towards 7-8 bucks, it will be difficult for any service to take that loss. At the same time if you spend a lot of time with a sub and utilize it extensively you get a better deal than having to pay for every hour / movie played.

It's a double edged sword. If you don't use a service much, subs are bad, if you use it extensively, it's often good value.

If we take a look at chinas version which is payed by the hour:
    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion...-cost-in-china

Going by that, (even though it's a very old article, couldn't find any newer and cba looking further), 30 days of playtime is 180 bucks
    0.25*24(hours)*30(days~) = 180.
    But lets take it down to 8h per day on average.
    0.25*8*30 = 60.

It's crazy expensive. This is with difference of pay and buying power included, hence the high price.

https://www.engadget.com/2014-10-03-...-in-china.html
    with this it brings it down to 80(26-27~ with 8h average) bucks, but doesn't account for pay differences and buying power. Still high.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-07-13 at 09:28 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke View Post
    Dude is brainstorming and you crap on his idea...good job man.

OT - I actually wouldn't mind something like this...some weeks I go full tilt and play a ton, other weeks I may log in for 30 minutes. I wouldn't mind the option to 'pay as you go' assuming it was priced right. It would remove that "I'm paying for the subscription so I need to log in" feeling.
    Yes, thanks for stating the obvious whilst bringing nothing to the table. I reserve the right to post my opinion as long as it follows site rules, thank you very much. If people want 100% agreeing responses, they can open a blog with locked comment fields.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    But what you are paying is not play time. Is access to the service. You have access, you decide if you use or not, hence, not Blizzards fault if you can't access the service so they don't have anything to compensate you for.
    Indeed.

The sub is nothing but access. It doesn't guarantee you loot, making friends, rare drops, x amount of hours spent... It's simply access, as in being able to login to the characters that do not fall under the free trial requirements. Whether OP plays 2 hours a month, or 40, the sub is only the access.

You pay for a subscription not game time.

If you have a sub for a magazine but you don't read it is your fault.
    If you have Netflix but you don't watch anything it's your fault.

What you are asking is gaming on demand. Heavens i honestly think that would shit out a completly new kind of monetization.

But it comes down to: Don't like it don't buy it. Simple as that. There is nothing illegal or even morally ambigous about the way the wow sub works.

Also: If you cannot afford the sub... maybe you should a) look at how you spend your money better or b) have financial situation that just does not allow you to have such luxury stuff. Which honestly does not apply to many countries in the world where you can play wow.
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2021-07-13 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    If you have a sub for a magazine but you don't read it is your fault.
    If you have Netflix but you don't watch anything it's your fault.
    right? tbh, i cant think of single subscription based service that actualy becomes cheaper if you use it less, not even a goddamn library card

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    If you cannot afford the sub... maybe you should a) look at how you spend your money better or b) have financial situation that just does not allow you to have such luxury stuff. Which honestly does not apply to many countries in the world where you can play wow.
    some people treat wow as basic human right when in fact it is technicaly luxury service (although very cheap, even in my poor country)

I’m all for customer rights, refunds, etc…

But this ain’t it

Look at it like how steam, Xbox, PlayStation, etc do it.. based on time played. If you’ve played 0 hours, I’d support a refund but if you’ve dropped 10-20 hours into something and then want a refund, well tough luck that’s on you

No. You pay for a months access of a certain content level for your account. If you cannot play to get what you deem to be your monies worth then that's a you problem.
    RETH

You don't pay for a set amount of time, you pay for the ability to play the game. The more you play, the more you get out of your sub.

That's how it's always been. That's how it always will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want to compensated for you choosing not to play..? Why?
    You can just choose to play instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Klueade View Post
    If you pay for a month but only play 2 days worth of that time you should be compensated for your next purchase of game time.
    So the following purchase of gametime, the time spent not playing prior should roll over into a race/faction change, or something of that nature.
    I'm not saying it has to be a race/faction change but it makes sense to keep players playing to some degree.
    Anyways what's your thoughts?
    So if I only play 8 hours a day I should be reimbused for the 16 I missed? Sounds good to me!

I remember Ragnarok Online had an option where you could either pay $12/mo for unlimited access or $15 for 40 hours of time, something like that.

Wouldn't be a bad idea but I don't think enough people play the game so little that it would be worth it. You'd need to only play like 10-15 hours per month for $15/mo unlimited to be a bad deal for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klueade View Post
    If you pay for a month but only play 2 days worth of that time you should be compensated for your next purchase of game time.
    So the following purchase of gametime, the time spent not playing prior should roll over into a race/faction change, or something of that nature.
    I'm not saying it has to be a race/faction change but it makes sense to keep players playing to some degree.
    Anyways what's your thoughts?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If that logic works, I pay monthly for insurance on my car, but I sometimes go 2-3 days in a row without using it, Progressive should comp me the time I didn't drive. Also Netflix should pay me because I use their service maybe one night a week...
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

OP wants a volume contract and they exist in other places. Thread spergs out coping with a galaxy brain take "i get scammed elsewhere so this is fine".