Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    wait OP could be on to something... give you in-game gold to compensate you for being subbed but not playing. This could encourage people to keep subs active while not logging in lowering overhead while increasing MAU's and profit...

    ^sort of sarcasm. no, they owe you nothing, I barely play 1-2 hours a month but still stay subbed out of habit.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

  2. #62
    After the recent lawsuit I feel as though something like this can be a thing, temporarily at least.

  3. #63
    How is the lawsuit stopping you from playing? Did they shut the servers down? If you choose not to log in, because of your disgust over the situation (as I have for now), that is once again, on you, not Blizzard.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    How is the lawsuit stopping you from playing? Did they shut the servers down? If you choose not to log in, because of your disgust over the situation (as I have for now), that is once again, on you, not Blizzard.
    i can never understand this mentality,by this logice,you would have to throw away about 90% of the producs in your house,because i guarantee you most of it is made under conditions much worse than whats happened with some blizz chuds

  5. #65
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Klueade View Post
    After the recent lawsuit I feel as though something like this can be a thing, temporarily at least.
    Won't happen. If you feel it is right for you to quit, then you quit. You unsubscribe and either prepare the account to be frozen or let it time out.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Klueade View Post
    After the recent lawsuit I feel as though something like this can be a thing, temporarily at least.
    If Ford or Chevy were to be sued because of a brake failure on one of their cars, are you then unable to drive a vehicle at all? Are you forbidden for getting in your Nissan, or Kia, or for that matter, Ford or Chevy, and driving down to the store for some Hot Pockets and gum?

    No. You can still do everything you were able to do before the suit. You are completely unaffected by the proceedings. In the legal world, you have no standing.

    And here's that headache again.
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i can never understand this mentality,by this logice,you would have to throw away about 90% of the producs in your house,because i guarantee you most of it is made under conditions much worse than whats happened with some blizz chuds
    So what? We're not discussing where things are made. Yes, people are working in horrible conditions around the world. But I'm not going to drive my car into a lake because Blizzard is a toxic workplace, because - and follow along here - that would make no difference.
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

  8. #68
    Next time, don't buy sub. Go level a toon to 20 on f2play... just to scratch your itch.

    Still... we should be able to level to 60 without sub... Why not? Limit our bag space, limit our gold... so new people can at least try the game properly.

    Especially for those that play 17 years... man, if anyone is subbed for so long they should get a f2play for life.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So what? We're not discussing where things are made. Yes, people are working in horrible conditions around the world. But I'm not going to drive my car into a lake because Blizzard is a toxic workplace, because - and follow along here - that would make no difference.
    uhm...i agree,but you would stop playing a game you enjoy because some dudes acted weird around women,but NOT stop buying products made by slaves? /slowclap

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Klueade View Post
    If you pay for a month but only play 2 days worth of that time you should be compensated for your next purchase of game time.
    So the following purchase of gametime, the time spent not playing prior should roll over into a race/faction change, or something of that nature.
    I'm not saying it has to be a race/faction change but it makes sense to keep players playing to some degree.
    Anyways what's your thoughts?
    If you lived in China I believe you would be correct

  11. #71
    Brewmaster Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Klueade View Post
    If you pay for a month but only play 2 days worth of that time you should be compensated for your next purchase of game time.
    So the following purchase of gametime, the time spent not playing prior should roll over into a race/faction change, or something of that nature.
    I'm not saying it has to be a race/faction change but it makes sense to keep players playing to some degree.
    Anyways what's your thoughts?
    You've paid for the month. Choosing not to is not their problem and they owe you nothing for this. There have been events in the past where they have refunded players a day or a week because of events on their end preventing players from playing who wanted to play. This is perfectly fine and good customer service from them.

  12. #72
    These kind of expectations are out of this world...ppl think they have rights and by "rights" i mean the right to ask for stuff constantly, to ask for help constantly but never take the responsability.
    In the real world ppl take actions based on their different plans. If paying for something doesnt suit you it realy doesnt mean it doesnt suit anyone...so man up, take responsability and take a decision.

    Stop asking and begging for stuff that dont belong in this world.

    this is not a brainstorming session, this is the right to express yourself and expose the way you think about stuff and get smacked by ppl that truly understand whats going in the real world.

  13. #73
    Pfft we can’t have you saving money. It’s the same logic they use for xp tokens in cod. The timer doesn’t stop regardless if you’re in a match or even online for that matter

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayz View Post
    Pfft we can’t have you saving money. It’s the same logic they use for xp tokens in cod. The timer doesn’t stop regardless if you’re in a match or even online for that matter
    If they made it pay per usage there's no guarantee it'd be priced anywhere near the same way.

    CoD aside, a flat montly rate is healthier for the game. Once you have people consider price per hour/minute it becomes blizz's perogative to make you play the most time possible, or crank up the hour/minute rate so if you play less you end up paying about the same.

    Imagine sitting in a DPS queue waiting it to pop, you're literally wasting money sitting in queue. Or someone ruining your mythic or even raid run. Not only have you lost time, you've literally lost money.

    These forums are already super paranoid about timegating and MAU's, making monitization be per hour/minute would only make it worse.

  15. #75
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    6,186
    You don't pay less rent on your flat if you spend 8 hours a day at work. Come on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •