Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

No work is being done on WoW, 9.2 even more delayed than 9.1?

Jeff Hamilton (wow dev) says "Almost no work is being done on WoW"

https://twitter.com/JeffAHamilton/st...15702569472003

Will we even get a 9.2?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it sucks, this comes at the worse possible timing. We are stuck at the same level of content ever since SL came out, this patch was, well, not really a patch, some minor content update.

This will really hurt the game, even more :/

Well they did just have some major shit go down, its not surprising that things may have ground to a halt, but that doesn't mean they'll scrap further patches, a week or two in something that doesn't come out for 6+ months probably doesn't mean much.

"...whilst this plays out..."

Not like no work has been done, or will be done. But that wouldn't be enough drama-y, right?

Ion already said that work was well along for 9.2, so I ain't worried.

this is hard to read....that really sucks.
    i wonder if Shadowlands will be the first Wow expac that will go down as the shortest, yet longest, expac of all time.

I don't fault them for not working on the game when they face a disaster rn. Give them some weeks time and maybe see how it goes in Court and then afterwards they will get back into work load again on the game.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that so many at Blizzard are "shocked" and "surprised" shows that this was probably not as bad as they are painting it. But we live in the sensationalist era, we consume drama, so they feed it to us.
    Not saying that the situation is fine, but it seems overly escalated, given the answer of so many who have to digest it... I mean, how comes they didn´t know about it if it is so bad?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    I don't fault them for not working on the game when they face a disaster rn. Give them some weeks time and maybe see how it goes in Court and then afterwards they will get back into work load again on the game.
    Court might take years... Can´t stop developing WoW for years.. not even for months or even weeks, not at its current state. It´s either get back to work and do it right, or let the game die off completely.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The fact that so many at Blizzard are "shocked" and "surprised" shows that this was probably not as bad as they are painting it. But we live in the sensationalist era, we consume drama, so they feed it to us.
    Not saying that the situation is fine, but it seems overly escalated, given the answer of so many who have to digest it... I mean, how comes they didn´t know about it if it is so bad?

- - - Updated - - -

Court might take years... Can´t stop developing WoW for years.. not even for months or even weeks, not at its current state. It´s either get back to work and do it right, or let the game die off completely.
    Well then it's just back to work again after some weeks time i would imagine it will go like.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Yeah, we might see some delays, but actually halting progress for prolonged period of time is out of question. They already lost a lot of good will (speaking purely about the game, not "morality/company politics") with 9.1 being out so late, they can't afford to stretch it for so long. That'd kill their cash cow and no one is willing to do that.

I'm curious why no work is being done? Have people put down tools in solidarity or is Ion not doing any leading?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I'm curious why no work is being done? Have people put down tools in solidarity or is Ion not doing any leading?
    or people are surprised about what the company is alleged of as they have not seen any of it in their work...
    we might never know, but not working "properly" for few days while shit like this is going on is not unusual, and the few days of delay will hardly be noticeable on patch that is in work for half a year or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Ion already said that work was well along for 9.2, so I ain't worried.
    I think that the work delay will be at most 2 weeks if that

I wasn’t expecting 9.2 before February anyways lol

9.1.5 in a few months

15+ Year Old Account
    Really hope this doesn't affect classic. My guild really wants t5 right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Some of it is in solidarity, according to Muffinus, while some of it is people processing what's been going on in other parts of the building. Thing is, humans tend toward wanting to believe everything is functioning as it should, and this bias causes people to overlook red flags all the time. It causes people to overlook the impact the status quo has on others they otherwise care deeply about all the time.

So yeah, I'm not surprised that people who were operating outside the chain of abuse were blindsided by it, because the brain is designed to overlook and ignore things that disrupt the orderly day-to-day unless presented with compelling evidence (like a lawsuit from a state agency and a tidal wave of stories from coworkers current and former that corroborate the investigation's findings).

As far as the impact on WoW itself, I doubt this will be a long-term thing. Blizzard's workers aren't unionized so striking is extremely risky, and they'll have to get back to it lest they get caught up in what's likely going to be an impending purge as Activision tries to recover from this PR hit.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

No chance we see 9.2 before the end of the year. At this rate I think we’ll be lucky to see it by feb/March

And virtually 0% chance of a 9.3

Well, time to take a seat and wait for all the:

"Dead game, moving over to FFXIV with Asmon" comments.

No but for real this benefits no one... Excited to see the outcome of this... For the players, workers and shareholders.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post

Will we even get a 9.2?
    Make WoW F2P already. Stop subbing to a dead game.

9.2 wasn't coming this year anyway and I don't see what's the difference between it dropping in January or March. The expansion was F'd the moment COVID hit and it became apparent it wasn't going to be just another spring flu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post

Will we even get a 9.2?
    A passionate thread about the harassment at Blizzard and what you take from it is "will we get 9.2?"

This is why many of us who play games don't talk about it - immature, self-centered little brats like this.