Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Camavinga is off to Real.

15+ Year Old Account
    :O Leeds looking to sign James. Come on United, cash in on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    James to Leeds, 30 million (reports vary around this amount)

Meanwhile Wolves just signed Renato Sanches, Ruben Neves to leave on deadline day?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Seems like he might be off to Spurs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Seems like he might be off to Spurs?
    Looks like Spurs are more in for Traore than Neves.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Looks like Spurs are more in for Traore than Neves.
    From the bits I've read, United seem to be done for the window after the Ronaldo deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the bits I've read, United seem to be done for the window after the Ronaldo deal.
    Which is crazy, even Stevie Wonder could see United need a CDM after last weekend's game.

Which is crazy, even Stevie Wonder could see United need a CDM after last weekend's game.
    I hear you. That said, United have recruited as well as they could have, money limiting. The only clubs that have done better as such are Chelsea and Man City, and they’re backed by criminals more or less.

I hear you. That said, United have recruited as well as they could have, money limiting. The only clubs that have done better as such are Chelsea and Man City, and they’re backed by criminals more or less.
    They haven't done as well as they could mate, they got Ronaldo who will add little to the team that cavani won't instead of a player they desperately need.

I said eary in the thread I'd have prefer red Phillips, or any decent midfielder, to Sancho with regard to what we needed this summer although that is up for debate

10+ Year Old Account
    Sky reporting that the Sanches to Wolves deal may have fallen through, which ends any realistic chance of Neves leaving Wolverhampton.

And with West Ham signing Vlasic, the odds of Lingard going there as leverage for a player+cash for Declan Rice just dropped.

McFred for another season makes me worry for this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    They haven't done as well as they could mate, they got Ronaldo who will add little to the team that cavani won't instead of a player they desperately need.

I said eary in the thread I'd have prefer red Phillips, or any decent midfielder, to Sancho with regard to what we needed this summer although that is up for debate
    Thing is, they don't have unlimited resources. They've spent £126m in fees on 3 players, all of whom have just added £800k or so a week in wages to the bill. James is only going to bring in £22m or so in recouped transfer fees, so given the sport is only just recovering from the pandemic, the only other option would've been to not get one of the three players recruited. Look at Liverpool for comparison. They've bought one player for £35m, sold £40m worth of players. They NEED a midfielder and forward, but a combination of tight owners plus the pandemic means no one else.

Sky reporting that the Sanches to Wolves deal may have fallen through, which ends any realistic chance of Neves leaving Wolverhampton.

And with West Ham signing Vlasic, the odds of Lingard going there as leverage for a player+cash for Declan Rice just dropped.

McFred for another season makes me worry for this squad.
    I'm guessing Solskjaer is going to just rely on the individual brilliance of Bruno, Pogba, Ronaldo, Greenwood and Rashford to see the team through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Psg turning down 220 million Euros from Mbappe, knowing full well he walks for free next summer.

Absolute madness.

Psg turning down 220 million Euros from Mbappe, knowing full well he walks for free next summer.

Absolute madness.
    real madrid massively in the financial hole throwing out 220 million is even more mad.

I'm guessing Solskjaer is going to just rely on the individual brilliance of Bruno, Pogba, Ronaldo, Greenwood and Rashford to see the team through.
    France won a world cup with individuals, united should at least have a good crack at the cups.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    real madrid massively in the financial hole throwing out 220 million is even more mad.

France won a world cup with individuals, united should at least have a good crack at the cups.
    Oh, I agree. They’ll do very well regardless.

But I would expect Chelsea and City to run away with everything by the end of it all.

its good too see the league competitive at both ends tbh. Hopefully the top clubs don't run away with it and are kept close and the bottom clubs are similar, none of this safe 7-15 bullshit.

would have kept James. Offered something different

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    would have kept James. Offered something different
    running forwards fast and producing nothing, might as well sign traore if thats what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    running forwards fast and producing nothing, might as well sign traore if thats what you want.
    there is a space for that physicality with how many teams press in the premier league and its a good outlet to counter pressing by being direct as fook

Our youth academy has bought us Lukaku this transfer window.

We've sold Tammy, Tomori, Guehi, Anjorin and Livramento.

Incredible.
    Hopefully we've got some sell on clause for a few of those too.

La Cobham.

Thing is, they don't have unlimited resources. They've spent £126m in fees on 3 players, all of whom have just added £800k or so a week in wages to the bil.
    Two of whom we didn't need.

We'd get more goals with a decent midfielder.

Ronaldo won't score too many more goals here than cavani, we shouldn't buy players to stop city getting them, we are Manchester United.

Right wing was the third space we needed to fill.

It wouldn't surprise me if, in Ronaldo s first game, ole starts him alone because strikers score goals so with the best striker in the world on the field we can't lose