Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that whole VAR moment was dumb as fuck. They shouldn't have VAR for only some of the games, if you can't have it for all, then it shouldn't be there for any FA Cup game imo.

And yeah, the performance for the odd first 30 minutes gave me some sort of hope, guess I'm a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Yeah that whole VAR moment was dumb as fuck. They shouldn't have VAR for only some of the games, if you can't have it for all, then it shouldn't be there for any FA Cup game imo.

And yeah, the performance for the odd first 30 minutes gave me some sort of hope, guess I'm a fool.
    I agree about VAR, either have it everywhere or nowhere/just the Wembley games. Otherwise it can become a farce.

As for the first 30 minutes, I am not entirely sure I agree. Aston Villa were already all over us and we showed the usual weaknesses (non-existent midfield that was bypassed 24/7, wingers running down the line and turning in to shoot rather than cross, zero service to the striker etc). Maybe I am remembering it wrong because I almost smashed the TV on the 19th minute when McGinn passed McT like he wasn't even there and our beloved MOTM instead of busting his guts to get back to cover, he was pointing instead to Varane and Lindelof to come forward while he was smoothly strolling towards McGinn. That was a "prime" Pogba move and attitude from McT if I ever saw one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it should be there for the final. Because of the prestige and wanting to ensure that the right and fairest result happens.

But fucking hell does the FA need to do better at utilising it.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I agree about VAR, either have it everywhere or nowhere/just the Wembley games. Otherwise it can become a farce.

As for the first 30 minutes, I am not entirely sure I agree. Aston Villa were already all over us and we showed the usual weaknesses (non-existent midfield that was bypassed 24/7, wingers running down the line and turning in to shoot rather than cross, zero service to the striker etc). Maybe I am remembering it wrong because I almost smashed the TV on the 19th minute when McGinn passed McT like he wasn't even there and our beloved MOTM instead of busting his guts to get back to cover, he was pointing instead to Varane and Lindelof to come forward while he was smoothly strolling towards McGinn. That was a "prime" Pogba move and attitude from McT if I ever saw one.
    Yeah that moment annoyed me as well, but I don't know, maybe it was rose tinted glasses and a bit of wishful thinking on my part that thought United looked a tiny bit better in the first part of the first half, or better than they usually do I mean. Either way it quickly turned into the usual crap.

One thing I am sure off is, if I were able to go to matches at OT, I'd be fucking livid if I paid to watch them play and they kept playing like this. I was considering (when covid has eased down) taking a trip to Manchester sometime this or next year to see a game, but fucked if I'm paying that much money to watch this lot play like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The improvement was having enough of the ball to make some attacks. But yeah, at no point did we ever look like keeping a clean sheet.

As for going to the match, there’s atmosphere, bitching about how shit it is and enjoying the Manchester climate through a leaking roof. Avoid what they try to pass off as a panini and what’s not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The improvement was having enough of the ball to make some attacks. But yeah, at no point did we ever look like keeping a clean sheet.

As for going to the match, there’s atmosphere, bitching about how shit it is and enjoying the Manchester climate through a leaking roof. Avoid what they try to pass off as a panini and what’s not to love?
    Right now it looks like it wont matter who plays. The manager might aswell just toss out 11 randoms, cause thats what it looks like.

Yeah that moment annoyed me as well, but I don't know, maybe it was rose tinted glasses and a bit of wishful thinking on my part that thought United looked a tiny bit better in the first part of the first half, or better than they usually do I mean. Either way it quickly turned into the usual crap.

One thing I am sure off is, if I were able to go to matches at OT, I'd be fucking livid if I paid to watch them play and they kept playing like this. I was considering (when covid has eased down) taking a trip to Manchester sometime this or next year to see a game, but fucked if I'm paying that much money to watch this lot play like this.
    For the love of God don't, just stay where you are and save your money and sanity. Besides, the country where you are is quite pretty from what I saw the few times that I have been there so I am sure you find a better way to spend your money and time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, well yeah I guess there are definitely better ways to spend money It's definitely on my bucket list though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, well yeah I guess there are definitely better ways to spend money It's definitely on my bucket list though.
    Why not something more reliable like a Classico, at a nicer stadium in nicer weather in Spain?

Why not something more reliable like a Classico, at a nicer stadium in nicer weather in Spain?
    Have you seen the quality of football them two are serving lately? I will definitely give you the weather and the stadiums though, plus both of the cities as well

10+ Year Old Account
    I went and watched Barrow recently. £20 on the door, still get an incredible atmosphere and the players actually try.

Oh god I'm turning into Slenderman.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been to Camp Nou, Barcelona is a lovely city. Didn't go to the top of the cathedral thingy though, fuck heights!

I dunno, think it's always been a wish of mine since being a kid to see United play at Old Trafford but yeah, right now probably isn't the best of times to do that ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Have you seen the quality of football them two are serving lately? I will definitely give you the weather and the stadiums though, plus both of the cities as well
    I was actually watching the super copa semi final between them when I posted. It was a good match, they both stepped up for it.

That said, I only really get to see them now in the Champions League since Sky lost the contract for La Liga.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been to Camp Nou, Barcelona is a lovely city. Didn't go to the top of the cathedral thingy though, fuck heights!

I dunno, think it's always been a wish of mine since being a kid to see United play at Old Trafford but yeah, right now probably isn't the best of times to do that ;D
    Makes sense, there’s a few stadiums I’d like to see, still jealous my brother got to go watch Juventus. Probably a matter of familiarity with OT, it’s been right in front of me my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I went and watched Barrow recently. £20 on the door, still get an incredible atmosphere and the players actually try.

Oh god I'm turning into Slenderman.
    Miss him...

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, going to OT is an experience people should do once. Even with them playing garbage, it's still such a unique atmosphere from the walk up to the ground to entering the stadium itself.

But considering the cost, I understand people wanting to wait until they get their money's worth with a performance you'd want to watch.

If anything, some of the testimonials are better than the regular season games of late. Gets depressing seeing guys in their 40s and 50s put on a better display than the current squad when you think about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Honestly, going to OT is an experience people should do once. Even with them playing garbage, it's still such a unique atmosphere from the walk up to the ground to entering the stadium itself.

But considering the cost, I understand people wanting to wait until they get their money's worth with a performance you'd want to watch.

If anything, some of the testimonials are better than the regular season games of late. Gets depressing seeing guys in their 40s and 50s put on a better display than the current squad when you think about it though.
    Went to SB for the Chelsea - Southampton game in the League Cup.
    Genuinely glad I don't have the desire to go to games anymore after that experience.

I went far more regularly years ago and it was addicting. Sadly, as I've got older my love and passion has diminished.

More than happy being an armchair fan these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Miss him...
    RIP, currently telling Maradona that hes seething about Peter Shilton still being alive. (in hell)

I was actually watching the super copa semi final between them when I posted. It was a good match, they both stepped up for it.
    You are 100%, it did seem like a good game, I completely forgot about it. Perhaps playing in a truly neutral venue lifted a lot of the pressure from some of the players. I still wouldn't risk it this year though, give them a couple of years to rebuild and stabilise, maybe during that time even our amazing team won't resemble a circus anymore!

EDIT: after today's starting lineup against Villa for the Premier League, if DVB doesn't handle in a transfer request then he is as much of an idiot as we are for the way he is being treated. Meanwhile, every day that passes I am more and more convinced that RR was given very limited powers as interim manager (and Fletcher is there to check on him/keep things in control), or he just has a split personality.
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2022-01-15 at 05:07 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hang on, Norwich won a match?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Hang on, Norwich won a match?
    Yep. Benitez is on the way out as a result. Everton's issues go beyond the manager, but they'll never realise that.

Title race is over anyway. It's a battle for the consolation spots now, from 2nd through to 20th.

The gap in quality between City and the rest is too much. The power of money wins everytime.