Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, thinking about it you're right about 2018. While we finished third, as you say it was down to individual brilliance more often than not and definitely not tactics. It's a shame we'll probably never know what a better coach could do with the likes of KDB, Hazard, etc etc. I'm not too hopeful for this years World Cup at least.

yeah because all the top coaches/managers go into international football and its totally not management purgatory for when your career is dead
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

I mean yeah that's true. Still doesn't change the fact I'd like to have seen what a better coach could have done with our "golden generation".

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I mean yeah that's true. Still doesn't change the fact I'd like to have seen what a better coach could have done with our "golden generation".
    I dunno, I just think people are over reacting.

Couple internationals at the end of the season and 0 training together and all of a sudden the world falls apart when last big tournament everyone had written off Italy and they walked it.

Hard to predict who will get that all important momentum at key stages of any tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Couple internationals at the end of the season and 0 training together and all of a sudden the world falls apart when last big tournament everyone had written off Italy and they walked it.

Hard to predict who will get that all important momentum at key stages of any tournament.
    Presumably that is what Italy did different. They did have a more extended preparation time, something they wouldn't have been able to do this time around with the world cup being in november/december.

I think no one should take these international games seriously. Especially those who support the big countries.

Last summert it was euros and regular league+cup games shortly after. Then a long season that ended days before these internationals started. When these are done, its 2-3 weeks(tops) off before new season prep starts. 30thh july PL begins.

PL stops days before WC starts & PL starts days after WC ends.

Point is, its going to be a very long season for the top players. We can be certain they aint putting 100% into these games.

Plus players are probably still recovering from end of season parties and have to keep their mistresses in line or you get Pique situations. Ayo

Its England we are talking about. Even if they won WC & Euros at the same time & scoring 100 goals, they would still get critics. Most from theyre own.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus players are probably still recovering from end of season parties and have to keep their mistresses in line or you get Pique situations. Ayo
    We can joke about it, but you sort of have a point. They live under constant pressure and are 100% committed to football most of the year. Its needed to have time off, not just physically. Both body & soul needs rest. Spend time with family, do something else. Step out of the bubble. The games played now wouldnt have been played if the players could choose.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Its England we are talking about. Even if they won WC & Euros at the same time & scoring 100 goals, they would still get critics. Most from theyre own.
    England are their own worst enemy, either through over hype or putting excessive pressure on their players.

Rashford for example the latest player that was run through the media and had a nightmare euro's when he should have been having shoulder surgery and hasnt recovered his confidence since.

England are their own worst enemy, either through over hype or putting excessive pressure on their players.

Rashford for example the latest player that was run through the media and had a nightmare euro's when he should have been having shoulder surgery and hasnt recovered his confidence since.
    Good example. Rashford is a good player and even better as a person, he does so much good outside of football. Yet, he gets constant flack from his own. Its rather weird looking at it from the outside, as im not English. If someone was like that here in Norway, he would be a hero and praised on the regular.

Few years ago no one really expected anything from England. The dream was there(as always), but no one realistically saw them winning. Now people expect them to, so the negativity comes when they aint rolling over everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Good example. Rashford is a good player and even better as a person, he does so much good outside of football. Yet, he gets constant flack from his own. Its rather weird looking at it from the outside, as im not English. If someone was like that here in Norway, he would be a hero and praised on the regular.

Few years ago no one really expected anything from England. The dream was there(as always), but no one realistically saw them winning. Now people expect them to, so the negativity comes when they aint rolling over everyone.
    Its totally a mental thing.

Similar to MMA or sibling rivalry imo where there is this mental block where you feel like you can never beat "big brother"

Vincent Kompany speaks about it when there was a switch with the man utd vs man city rivalry and you move past this mental block where they seem unbeatable.

Anytime England are gonna come close to a top 4 finish in any tournament the players will need the mental fortitude to push past all the "are these the chosen ones to bring balance to the force" BS the media spins and move past their own ego to be a cohesive team like any other team that actually wins the thing.

Its totally a mental thing.

Similar to MMA or sibling rivalry imo where there is this mental block where you feel like you can never beat "big brother"

Vincent Kompany speaks about it when there was a switch with the man utd vs man city rivalry and you move past this mental block where they seem unbeatable.

Anytime England are gonna come close to a top 4 finish in any tournament the players will need the mental fortitude to push past all the "are these the chosen ones to bring balance to the force" BS the media spins and move past their own ego to be a cohesive team like any other team that actually wins the thing.
    Yeah, probably the biggest obstacle for England. Cant see them winning WC in Qatar. Really doubt it.

Not digging it, hope this is fake ;D

Not digging it, hope this is fake ;D
    what a monstrosity

Rashford has definitely been played with injuries and should have had surgery and rest earlier. With that said I think his off the pitch personality and all that has shielded him from criticism for some time. He's honestly been pretty dreadful for us for like 2 years now. Yeah other people have been terrible as well and I'm not really singling him out because I do like the fact we have one of our own academy graduates as our #10 playing for us and the national team. Still, if he doesn't get back on track to where he was a few years ago he shouldn't start under Ten Hag.

lets goooooo Belgium, World Cup in the bag innit

More like Poland picked up the bill for that 1-4 loss against the Netherlands tbh

haha yeah, I should have added /s to my post. It was sarcastic in my head!

3 man defense still worries me but at least Dendonker looked a bit better there than Boyata.

I thought Qatar would be too hot to play the World Cup during the summer? Yet we are having three qualifiers there during the Summer?

Ooof, what is going on with England? Southgate out??