Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ...
37
77
85
86
87
  1. #1721
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,824
    I get the feeling Lukaku is one of those players not fit for the PL but honestly I don't know, he was banging them in for West Brom and Everton.

    Either way his United and Chelsea era's were definitely a flop.
    I believe you have my stapler...

  2. #1722
    Immortal Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    7,012
    Lukaku scored almost 1 in 2 for Man U then went off and demolished Serie A. Any blame for his failure there is entirely on the football club and not the player.

  3. #1723
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,824
    I'm inclined to agree, I should have made it more clear that while his United and Chelsea era's were a flop it wasn't necessarily his fault.

    No doubt he'll be banging them in at Inter again.
    I believe you have my stapler...

  4. #1724
    The Unstoppable Force Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    20,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Lukaku scored almost 1 in 2 for Man U then went off and demolished Serie A. Any blame for his failure there is entirely on the football club and not the player.
    There are different expectations of what "banging them in" looks like at West Brom and Everton. Furthermore, at Man Utd and Chelsea there was an expectation he'd actually play football as well.

  5. #1725
    Immortal Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    7,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There are different expectations of what "banging them in" looks like at West Brom and Everton. Furthermore, at Man Utd and Chelsea there was an expectation he'd actually play football as well.
    Why? No one else does at Man U.

  6. #1726
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Why? No one else does at Man U.
    Not gonna lie, I spilt my drink laughing.

    The truth hurts though
    I believe you have my stapler...

  7. #1727
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    14,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Why? No one else does at Man U.
    Ouch but fair.

    Also an accurate assessment of most of the post SAF years, last year under Solskjaer was about as good as it got.

    And people still think he's poor manager.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  8. #1728
    Solskjaer is the best manager you had since SAF. The harsh truth.

    Is Malcolm Ebiowei any good lads

  9. #1729
    big loss for liverpool
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  10. #1730
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    big loss for liverpool
    Thinking about Mane? Then yes, it sure is.

    Its interesting seeing him go to Germany. One would think La Liga (Barca or Real) would be much more interesting for him, especially his pricetag. Strange that no other club lined up for him. He will do great at Bayern.

  11. #1731
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Thinking about Mane? Then yes, it sure is.

    Its interesting seeing him go to Germany. One would think La Liga (Barca or Real) would be much more interesting for him, especially his pricetag. Strange that no other club lined up for him. He will do great at Bayern.
    Yeah refering to Mane.

    One of those players that seem to pop up with important goals when needed on the big stage
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  12. #1732
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I'm inclined to agree, I should have made it more clear that while his United and Chelsea era's were a flop it wasn't necessarily his fault.

    No doubt he'll be banging them in at Inter again.
    His first spell at Inter, one could see the team was buildt around him and how he plays as a striker. It suited him and helped him get alot of goals. That didnt really happen that much in Manchester United and it certainly didnt at Chelsea.

    He is the kind of striker that doesnt carry the whole team, but is a great goalgetter if the team plays around him. Nothing wrong with that, but the style of play was a clear mismatch in England. He will do good in Inter.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah refering to Mane.

    One of those players that seem to pop up with important goals when needed on the big stage
    Yeah, he has that ability. Nunez is a good player, but he got big shoes to fill. Mane is a great, great player and made LFC so dangerous.

  13. #1733
    The Patient Mazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    the land of beer, chocolate and waffles
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    His first spell at Inter, one could see the team was buildt around him and how he plays as a striker. It suited him and helped him get alot of goals. That didnt really happen that much in Manchester United and it certainly didnt at Chelsea.

    He is the kind of striker that doesnt carry the whole team, but is a great goalgetter if the team plays around him. Nothing wrong with that, but the style of play was a clear mismatch in England. He will do good in Inter.
    He for sure works a whole lot better in combination with a second forward. It's no accident he also had 11 assists (in the Serie A) in the 2020-2021 season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •