Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ooof saul to chelsea is a good bit of business.

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    Two of whom we didn't need.

We'd get more goals with a decent midfielder.

Ronaldo won't score too many more goals here than cavani, we shouldn't buy players to stop city getting them, we are Manchester United.

Right wing was the third space we needed to fill.

It wouldn't surprise me if, in Ronaldo s first game, ole starts him alone because strikers score goals so with the best striker in the world on the field we can't lose
    Every other United fan I know has been dying to see Sancho and dreamed of Ronaldo coming back.

That said, I agree with you. They should've strengthened midfield first.

15+ Year Old Account
    While it is nice to have signed Sancho and Ronaldo, I agree that midfield (a CDM to be specific) was a lot more a priority. Varane was a decent signing though, hope he can make a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets not kid ourselves, Sancho was a priority. We haven't had an elite right wing player since Ronaldo left.

A few people have touted the idea of moving Lindelof to CDM, citing his passing rate and ball control. I'm not entirely against the idea.

That or we drop to a back 3 with wingbacks, and allow Pogba/Bruno to play sat behind a front 3.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Lets not kid ourselves, Sancho was a priority. We haven't had an elite right wing player since Ronaldo left.
    Irony being that his most productive games at Dortmund were with him playing on the left.
    Speciation Is Gradual

A few people have touted the idea of moving Lindelof to CDM, citing his passing rate and ball control. 3.
    I suppose it's each to their own there. This is one of those situations where I would be happy to be wrong

A few people have touted the idea of moving Lindelof to CDM, citing his passing rate and ball control. I'm not entirely against the idea.

That or we drop to a back 3 with wingbacks, and allow Pogba/Bruno to play sat behind a front 3.
    Sancho was most successful on the left at Dortmund. But hey, United's recruitment team get paid the big bucks, so they know what's up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sancho is versatile enough that he can play either wing. But he's been brought in to play the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    Two of whom we didn't need.

We'd get more goals with a decent midfielder.

Ronaldo won't score too many more goals here than cavani, we shouldn't buy players to stop city getting them, we are Manchester United.

Right wing was the third space we needed to fill.

It wouldn't surprise me if, in Ronaldo s first game, ole starts him alone because strikers score goals so with the best striker in the world on the field we can't lose
    We absolutely did need Varane, defence was absolutely the priority, and a winger who can play on the right and do more than chuck in a speculative cross to absolutely no one was needed too. I agree Ronaldo might be considered a luxury, but if you get the opportunity to sign Ronaldo, you fucking sign Ronaldo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    We absolutely did need Varane, defence was absolutely the priority, and a winger who can play on the right and do more than chuck in a speculative cross to absolutely no one was needed too. I agree Ronaldo might be considered a luxury, but if you get the opportunity to sign Ronaldo, you fucking sign Ronaldo.
    Especially when he costs you 12 and a half million with addons.

Given that, it's no point considering why there hasn't been a defensive midfielder also coming in. Chances are they just used their budget up on those 3. And tbh, £125 odd million in a pandemic environment is a lot.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-09-01 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today Disney plus released the first episode of the documentary about Feyenoord. Kinda fun since last season was about the most underwhelming ever. Apparently there was some sort of mutiny against Advocaat

10+ Year Old Account
    When selling Dan James recoups the cost of signing Ronaldo.

i agree with the Varane point,get rid of Lindloff and get a midfielder that the defense could pass to were my priorities. ive read my posts and i didnt really put my position about varane across well, apologies we may disagree about sancho all season ha!

15+ Year Old Account
    Possibly might sound dumb but to me the Sancho transfer reminds me a bit of Depay transfer. There was huge hype for Depay coming to United, and that didn't exactly turn out well.

Obviously 2 different player's with different mentalities, so I'm hoping (and sort of confident) it wont turn out the same. It's just this initial hype that brings up the memory of Depay's transfer.

Ronaldo, 111 goals for Portugal!

10+ Year Old Account
    The extra year it’s taken over Sancho has probably been a good thing in that respect. Now he’s not the Big Signing of the summer either with Ronaldo coming back, he won’t have the spotlight on him either.

Nor does he strike me as one to buy a pet Liger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    Ronaldo, 111 goals for Portugal!
    Misses a pen.
    Scores two late goals to win the game.

Elite mentality.

Shaw is going to feast on assists this season. Ronaldo basically a target man.

15+ Year Old Account
    The extra year it’s taken over Sancho has probably been a good thing in that respect. Now he’s not the Big Signing of the summer either with Ronaldo coming back, he won’t have the spotlight on him either.

Nor does he strike me as one to buy a pet Liger.
    haha indeed, that's pretty much what I meant about different mentalities. Quite sure Sancho wont be like that at all luckily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depay went from having to transition into a new league, to having a manager who didn't want him.

Neither is an issue here, and Sancho is often praised for his work ethic.