Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Ferguson has complained about everything under the sun too. Means jack squat. He wouldn’t complain about the squad because he’s had to stand by the club’s lack of recruitment. So it’ll create problems if he does, and is why he keeps saying he is happy with the squad. If he whinges, people will ask why he didn’t recruit, given the AFCON is a scheduled competition. It’s just basic logic.
    Divock Origi special coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Divock Origi special coming up.
    I don't follow Liverpool as much as a fan would, but I would suspect he'll do squeeze Elliot into the front three on the right, with Jota on the left and Firmino up front. He'll then keep Minamino, Origi as backup. Which should be fine I suppose for 2-3 games.

I don't follow Liverpool as much as a fan would, but I would suspect he'll do squeeze Elliot into the front three on the right, with Jota on the left and Firmino up front. He'll then keep Minamino, Origi as backup. Which should be fine I suppose for 2-3 games.
    brentford, palace and maybe Leicester depending how far the teams get. probably will be alright with the first 2 fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    brentford, palace and maybe Leicester depending how far the teams get. probably will be alright with the first 2 fixtures.
    Yeah, they should be okay I think. If they're not, only themselves to blame. Haven't recruited well.

You're under the assumption they'll all be fit at this time.

At this point, FSG needs to open their pockets because right now and not acting as if FFP is still happening and City/United/Chelsea are not spending more in a season net than we do in a decade (I'm exaggerating but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You're under the assumption they'll all be fit at this time.

At this point, FSG needs to open their pockets because right now and not acting as if FFP is still happening and City/United/Chelsea are not spending more in a season net than we do in a decade (I'm exaggerating but still).
    I’m aware they’ve recruited badly. Point I was making is they have bodies to fill holes - assuming everyone is fit. If they’re not fit, I suspect Klopp still won’t complain. He will say, ‘why recruit just for 2-3 games?’ Because he’s never been the type to publicly criticise the club’s recruitment policy.

Klopp's 'complaining' that his detractors use as a stick to beat him with, is generally a tool to deflect attention from his players.

It's absolutely no different to what Ferguson, Wenger or any other top managers did. Mourinho was an expert at this, pre 2007.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-09-08 at 07:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    rawwwrrrr prem is back let's gooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    rawwwrrrr prem is back let's gooooooooooooo
    It's gonna be a good week of football:

Ronaldo may play his first(not) match for United

Messi may play the full 90 minutes for PSG

Sporting vs Porto

All of the above today and then Tuesday the CL begins!

15+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wish Belgian football was worth watching, but it's lackluster compared to other leagues Seems I missed the days Belgian teams were actually somewhat decent (the 90's?). I moved to Belgium in 2001.

And yeah, wonder if Ronaldo will play vs Newcastle. It's definitely an exciting time to be a United fan I guess.

I guess you would be in favor of a "BeNeleague"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    I guess you would be in favor of a "BeNeleague"?
    Meh, not really. I doubt the Dutch would like it either. Teams like Ajax and PSV etc are all doing alright, much better than the likes of Club Brugge and Anderlecht. I'd much prefer the Belgian teams to improve, but not sure where you'd begin really.

I mean I might be exaggerating a bit, Belgian football can be entertaining to watch, but it's most definitely not at the level of other countries main leagues.

Meh, not really. I doubt the Dutch would like it either. Teams like Ajax and PSV etc are all doing alright, much better than the likes of Club Brugge and Anderlecht. I'd much prefer the Belgian teams to improve, but not sure where you'd begin really.

I mean I might be exaggerating a bit, Belgian football can be entertaining to watch, but it's most definitely not at the level of other countries main leagues.
    It's hard for other leagues to improve when the money is all in the top leagues. Sometimes I day dream about the Portuguese league if we could retain all our best players instead of them going away to England, Spain, etc. Ronaldo, Fernandes, Silva, Cancelo... Like Nuno Mendes had one good season at Sporting, boom, already gone to PSG.

Just look at the Portuguese and Belgian NTs and then check how many players play in the respective leagues, very few.

10+ Year Old Account

Club Brugge isn't that bad though? Anderlecht really evaporated. I think the Dutch top teams are in favor of a BeNeLeague. The mid and bottom table teams are very much against it. If they don't get into the new league, broadcasting benefits would be non existent

15+ Year Old Account
    Club Brugge are alright but not as good as the likes of Ajax, for example. And yeah, Anderlecht really went downhill the last few seasons.

Another thing that bothers me about the Belgian league is the silly playoff system near the end... I have absolutely no idea why they bother with it.

Regular season
    Each of the 18 competitors in the Pro League hosts every other team once in the regular season, for a total of 34 matches between August and April. A win earns three points and a draw earns one point. Teams are ranked by total points, then by total wins and finally by goal difference, number of scored goals, number of away goals, and number of away wins. If teams are still level, a test-match is played in two legs to determine the final order in the standings. A playoff phase is then played from May.

Championship Playoff
    The point system in the championship playoff is the same as during the regular season, except that each team starts with half of the points they won in the regular season, rounded up to the nearest integer. The points gained by rounding are deducted in the case of a tie.

The top four teams from the regular season enter the championship playoff, with the first-placed team winning the championship of Belgium. Each team plays their opponents twice, and the teams are ranked by points, points from rounding, wins, etc. as in the regular season.
    That said, if a BeNeLeague were to happen I wouldn't make a fuss.

Mad that we've still got the 3pm blackout for PL games.
    Some tasty games today too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Mad that we've still got the 3pm blackout for PL games.
    Some tasty games today too.
    i really dont get why it exists, illegal streams here we go!

Ronaldo on the starting XI confirmed!

My bet: Goal from outside the area.

Palace finally have a striker.

Gallagher has been fucking immense too.

Lovely strike from Fernandes, not letting Ronaldo take all the headlines.

Ole "You can come off now Ronny"

Ronaldo "Sit down"

Ole sits down
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2021-09-11 at 03:45 PM.

This is Manch... Portugal!