Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Spurs about to take on the richest club in the world, what a weird thing to say on the way to St.James' Park, and maybe the last time thinking "we should pick up 3 pts here"

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh crickey, wanted to check the scores and see there is some medical emergency amongst the supporters at the Newcastle - Spurs game, I hope whatever's happened turns out okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Spurs!

15+ Year Old Account
    Klopp with players who actually want to play vs Ole and bunch of overpaid individuals )))

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the exact kind of performance a manager should be fired for. I'm all for talk of time, and pointing out progress, if not success, has occurred.

But individual games like this stick out, and you need to have a lot of credentials, namely silverware, to justify keeping your spot afterwards. Ole doesn't have that.

Great man, but he's being completely outclassed today.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

What a beautiful day.

Go on Liverpool. Put them to the sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    “World class players”.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Solskjaer wont survive this and we get another manager in who can hopefully salvage this season.... Not even United's board can ignore this.

Ole deserves time. Assuming one hates United and the goal is to ruin them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Hopefully Solskjaer wont survive this and we get another manager in who can hopefully salvage this season.... Not even United's board can ignore this.
    Is a new manager going to fix these individual errors from AWB, Maguire, Pogba, Greenwood, Ronaldo?

Is a new manager going to be able to play Cavani, Ronaldo, Rashford, Sancho, VDB, Greenwood, Lingard together, and drop Fred and McTominay?

Oh, also Ronaldo seems intent on trashing his legacy here.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2021-10-24 at 05:29 PM.

A better manager with an actual system would easily get more out of this team than Ole is. Klopp or Pep would win the league with these players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    A better manager with an actual system would easily get more out of this team than Ole is. Klopp or Pep would win the league with these players.
    A better manager would hopefully be able to get the players actually wanting to play, and play as a team, just like Klopp got Liverpool to do week in week out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    A better manager would hopefully be able to get the players actually wanting to play, and play as a team, just like Klopp got Liverpool to do week in week out now.
    Yeah. At this point it's not even about "we're not winning anything" for me at least. The fact he's been given 3 years with no experience or titles as a manager and we don't have a consistent style of play yet. It's embarrassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    We had a counterattack system last couple of seasons but everyone cried because it wasn’t more attacking.

We’re trying an attacking system, but didn’t buy players to fit it. We have 7 good strikers, no midfield, and 2 good defenders.

Not sure Pep or Klopp would win with these players, because they’re not players who would play how those managers would want them to play.

They don’t press. They don’t pass well. They don’t run. Only about 3 of them sprint, and one of them can’t get in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Is a new manager going to fix these individual errors from AWB, Maguire, Pogba, Greenwood, Ronaldo?

Is a new manager going to be able to play Cavani, Ronaldo, Rashford, Sancho, VDB, Greenwood, Lingard together, and drop Fred and McTominay?

Oh, also Ronaldo seems intent on trashing his legacy here.
    Look, im all for defending Ole. I love him, hes done great for the club. Right now though, its getting out of hand. Yes, the players are obviously to blame here. It was a shocking performance yet again, this is not the first time. It was utter shite for 90 minutes today and the players should feel ashamed, embarrased and humiliated. Hopefully we dont get any Social media post from them saying "im sorry we go again next week". I want utter silence from everyone, not a peep. Come next saturday they gotta step up no matter what, with or without Ole.

In the end though, the club cant sack the players, its the manager that gotta go. Ole has has 3 years now and even though theres been great spells with him(29 games away without loss and more), its telling that he cant take the club to the next level. They dont even have a distinct way of playing and defensivly its been shocking, both on a individual(players) & collective(Manager/coaches) level.

If Ole is lucky enough to get another game with the club, its gotta be one hell of a match against Spurs. Not only that, he would need to go on a 10-15+ win streak.

But this all makes me wonder - sometimes player performances are truly shocking, and all that blame cant be put on a manager. I mean, this is one of the games of the season, against Liverpool. It should play by itself. The players should be hyper motivated and 100% focused for the match, instead they get utterly battered and thats after coming from a horror show against Leicester.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think Ole’s position is tenable anymore, I think that’s a given now. It sucks and it’s the players.

People say “you have to play Pogba” he comes on, gives away a goal, and gets himself sent off for breaking Keita’s leg. Ronaldo almost got himself sent off too. We were lucky to end the game with 10 players and 5-0 down. Liverpool went easy on us.

I just don’t see who or how it gets turned around. I don’t know why anyone would expect miracles from anyone else. The players have too much power and they don’t want to play together.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your last sentence sums it up perfectly Jessicka, the players have too much power and don't want to play together.

Before the match, Belgian pundits were discussing the top 10 highest paid players in the Premier League, and I think 6 or 7 of them are United players. Not a single one is a Liverpool player.

While Ole will be the fall guy, it's most definitely not completely his fault, at all. That's why I've been on the fence about it for a while.

There's no excuses for Ole. Yeah Fred/McT (or Matic) are not good enough for a Midfield that wants to win the league. But under Ole we've signed VDB and Sancho for a total of 120-130m who are both on the bench. So neither are good to improve our starting lineup, yet we went for these players instead of buying players that would?

I don't get the excuses being made for Solskjaer. If players are making individual errors, especially ones he has sanctioned the signings of, it's on his staff to coach them into being better players. From back to front, they've invested a TON of money in this squad. T

hey've spent £441m on players in his 2 and a half seasons at the club.

And that's over and above the insane amounts of money spent before he arrived. I can't see how recruitment is a problem here, unless the excuse is that the right players haven't been bought. And if that's the case, it's on the management at the club, which Ole is a part of.

So yeah, it's on him. He hasn't done well.