Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I get the feeling Lukaku is one of those players not fit for the PL but honestly I don't know, he was banging them in for West Brom and Everton.

Either way his United and Chelsea era's were definitely a flop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lukaku scored almost 1 in 2 for Man U then went off and demolished Serie A. Any blame for his failure there is entirely on the football club and not the player.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm inclined to agree, I should have made it more clear that while his United and Chelsea era's were a flop it wasn't necessarily his fault.

No doubt he'll be banging them in at Inter again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Lukaku scored almost 1 in 2 for Man U then went off and demolished Serie A. Any blame for his failure there is entirely on the football club and not the player.
    There are different expectations of what "banging them in" looks like at West Brom and Everton. Furthermore, at Man Utd and Chelsea there was an expectation he'd actually play football as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There are different expectations of what "banging them in" looks like at West Brom and Everton. Furthermore, at Man Utd and Chelsea there was an expectation he'd actually play football as well.
    Why? No one else does at Man U.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, I spilt my drink laughing.

The truth hurts though

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch but fair.

Also an accurate assessment of most of the post SAF years, last year under Solskjaer was about as good as it got.

And people still think he's poor manager.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Solskjaer is the best manager you had since SAF. The harsh truth.

Is Malcolm Ebiowei any good lads

big loss for liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    big loss for liverpool
    Thinking about Mane? Then yes, it sure is.

Its interesting seeing him go to Germany. One would think La Liga (Barca or Real) would be much more interesting for him, especially his pricetag. Strange that no other club lined up for him. He will do great at Bayern.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Thinking about Mane? Then yes, it sure is.

Its interesting seeing him go to Germany. One would think La Liga (Barca or Real) would be much more interesting for him, especially his pricetag. Strange that no other club lined up for him. He will do great at Bayern.
    Yeah refering to Mane.

One of those players that seem to pop up with important goals when needed on the big stage

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I'm inclined to agree, I should have made it more clear that while his United and Chelsea era's were a flop it wasn't necessarily his fault.

No doubt he'll be banging them in at Inter again.
    His first spell at Inter, one could see the team was buildt around him and how he plays as a striker. It suited him and helped him get alot of goals. That didnt really happen that much in Manchester United and it certainly didnt at Chelsea.

He is the kind of striker that doesnt carry the whole team, but is a great goalgetter if the team plays around him. Nothing wrong with that, but the style of play was a clear mismatch in England. He will do good in Inter.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah refering to Mane.

One of those players that seem to pop up with important goals when needed on the big stage
    Yeah, he has that ability. Nunez is a good player, but he got big shoes to fill. Mane is a great, great player and made LFC so dangerous.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    His first spell at Inter, one could see the team was buildt around him and how he plays as a striker. It suited him and helped him get alot of goals. That didnt really happen that much in Manchester United and it certainly didnt at Chelsea.

He is the kind of striker that doesnt carry the whole team, but is a great goalgetter if the team plays around him. Nothing wrong with that, but the style of play was a clear mismatch in England. He will do good in Inter.
    He for sure works a whole lot better in combination with a second forward. It's no accident he also had 11 assists (in the Serie A) in the 2020-2021 season.

Lukaku....

I think when you look at his development early as a kid its kind of telling as it what kind of player he is. He looked 3-4 years older than his age group and was massive. He could use pace and power to dominate. And in his later years hes somewhat replicated that so that when free to run and use his power he can be effective.

The problem arises when you play teams that actually know how to defend and he cant just break lines with his pace and needs to play between the lines with link up play. He doesnt have the technical ability or agility to do that.

Hes also super unprofessional and seems to suffer from the pressure. In Italy he looked 10kgs lighter than he did at utd or chelsea. At utd he leaked private information on his TEAM MATES, and at chelsea started talking shit mid season and totally derailed their season momentum.

Hes a waste of money.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2022-06-25 at 11:32 PM.

Hindsight being 20/20 and all but imagine being in Ronaldo's shoes right now.... Yikes. Could've had a sixth ballon dor and a 6th UCL if he stayed put.

You reap what you sow.
    Last edited by Theonewholurks; 2022-06-28 at 09:58 PM. Reason: pookaku will always be poo

Lukaku....

I think when you look at his development early as a kid its kind of telling as it what kind of player he is. He looked 3-4 years older than his age group and was massive. He could use pace and power to dominate. And in his later years hes somewhat replicated that so that when free to run and use his power he can be effective.

The problem arises when you play teams that actually know how to defend and he cant just break lines with his pace and needs to play between the lines with link up play. He doesnt have the technical ability or agility to do that.

Hes also super unprofessional and seems to suffer from the pressure. In Italy he looked 10kgs lighter than he did at utd or chelsea. At utd he leaked private information on his TEAM MATES, and at chelsea started talking shit mid season and totally derailed their season momentum.

Hes a waste of money.
    The funniest part is that he came into a dressing room full of Champions League winners and on day one, told them "I will teach you how to score", only to put in that disaster class of a season.

Never wanted him. Dressing room cancer.

Me when palace are on the verge of signing another play ive never heard of : Thats just what we needed.

Can't see sterling to chelsea just dont get it.

Appears the snake was in contact with Inzaghi throughout the entire season to top everything off. Outside a Conte style system he's borderline useless tbh so wouldn't surprise me if he flops yet again.

Hot take: ETH is just another 'yes man' to the Glazers after claiming that shower of shit has "potential" just because they finished 2nd the season prior despite playing with no fans. The moment there's added pressure (fans) United's mental fragility shows. Ole set you lot back seven years by signing awb + maguire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations Man U fans with Malacia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Congratulations Man U fans with Malacia.
    Is this confirmed?

Seems Ronaldo has asked to leave United (no shock there). Where you lot think he'd go? I read his agent offered him to Roma but I assume he probably wants CL football.