Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    then when the actual trailer dropped it turned completely goofy the moment Chen appeared and the fighting human and orc instantly turned into a joke.
    Your definition of goofy is questionable to say the least.

It dropped like 3.5 million players I think that was the most WoW dropped in an xpac by that point, gameplay players liked it but a lot of mmo/rpg players were kind of out the door by this point it was already going in on the more competitive content and many many realms had died in Cata/MoP.

There was a knee-jerk, infantile reaction to the reveal cinematic.

The expansion itself retained 5 million players over a 14-month drought. You do the conclusion as to whether it was liked or not. Also, it now ranks high on most liked expansions in polls, consistently.

I didn't have the knee-jerk reaction, I played the entire expansion, and 5.2 is my absolute favourite time in this game so far. Great expansion all around with some of the best class design.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    There was a knee-jerk, infantile reaction to the reveal cinematic.
    Someone doesn't like the same things as I do, he must be infantile and a jerk. You sound retarded like that.

- - - Updated - - -

MoP sucked. The asian theme and setting don't fit the european medieval fantasy franchise. But a lot of the systems of the expansion were quite good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandas still suck. But imho it had the best iteration of class design and the raids were good.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

My friendlist was cut in half because of MoP.
    At least half of every player i knew ingame and in RL left becuase of this expansion.

I did not dislike MoP. I played it. But that was the point where i was the last player of my RL circle who played the game.
    My buddies concede, that it turned out better than they expected and would play it if the classic cycle goes on until then.

But back them i think the damage was done. You switched out many of the players who liked the game, ow it played and the company to.... others... who start threads demanding Mythic loot from dailys. (exaggeration here)
    If they would have made the trailer focus more around what the story actually was and not that stupid panda furry shit MAYBE some of them would have stayed.

Also: Obviously anecdotal. I just think the jump from "oldschool fantasy" to panda-china stuff was weird... and a bit sudden... Say what you want about cata, but the general premise was really exciting. MoP... not so much.

MoP was better than WoD, Cata and BfA
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    while it was current? no
    after it already ended? yes

and that is pretty much case with every expansion, while current its worst thing ever, after its over its great expansion...
    there are even people praising wod now, that should give you a clue

personaly, i liked pandaria, and wouldnt mind new expansions to be more like it
    I was always willing to praise WoD for the things it did right. For one thing, the questing experience was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed leveling up, and the story stuff was actually pretty fun. The art was amazing, genuinely gorgeous, and pushed what they'd created in MoP even further. It introduced rares (or vignettes as they were known) and treasure hunting to the larger world as a whole, and it gave us our own space to build up and (to a small degree) customize in the form of Garrisons. Oh, and the amount of gold I made was absolutely insane. I paid for 1.5 years worth of sub-time with that gold.

Not to say it didn't have a lot wrong with it, or that it didn't fail in countless ways, because holy shit did it ever. The lost capital cities, the lost zone of Faralohn, the lost T4 Garrisons, the lost Shattrath raid, the insane amounts of lore potential squandered and wasted for Draenor, the lack of decent choice and customization at the Garrison, the thin amount of content at end-game, and so on, and so on.

I wouldn't rate it as my worst, or even bottom three, but overall I'd rate it more "mediocre" than bad, if only for the amount of stuff cancelled and the potential wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Someone doesn't like the same things as I do, he must be infantile and a jerk. You sound retarded like that.

- - - Updated - - -

MoP sucked. The asian theme and setting don't fit the european medieval fantasy franchise. But a lot of the systems of the expansion were quite good.
    If the shoe fits, and you wear it like a champ. Also, read up on what "knee-jerk reaction" means.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    From what I recall, MoP was the most disliked reveal trailer on their youtube channel because of Pandaren.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=nyeZ8khSEC0

I see that youtube hid the dislikes now but I rechecked last week and it had close up to 36k dislikes (!).

Not to mention that the new expansion barely brought in any new players or older players that quit during Cataclysm.
    https://imgur.com/a/5FGbBOY

You can see the dropout after the first few months was huge and t continued to drop down until the release of WoD which spiked up the subscriber numbers immensively. (Don't forget Warcraft movie came out at the same time).

Can we conclude that MoP wasn't that liked by the playerbase? Sure it was good compared to BfA and Shadowlands, but does it show that people are more interested in the "conservative" style of Warcraft; Orcs and Humans too?

and the comments are

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    You can't possibly compare taurens, which are monster minotaurs, with vulpera. Vulpera are literally only in the game for the one reason we both know. Minotaurs are a classic staple of any RPG game. You'd have a hard time finding an RPG without a minotaur (which are the taurens).

Panda's don't belong in any game not made in china, and vulpera belong more in ff14 than WoW.

That is a very bad comparison on your part.

Not saying anything negative against the players who play them, but they simply do not belong in the WoW universe. What about ogres? Centaurs? and a dozen other races that ACTUALLY fit into WoW? They should have got the green light before "let's just do fox people for THAT crowd" or "we can appeal to china with pandas!"

It just ain't warcraft material.
    What? Of course I can... They are both antropomorphic animals. Aka humans mixed with animals.

They are literally the same. Cows/Bulls mixed with humans. Or fox mixed with human. The only difference is your preferences. Then trying to say one fits while one does not is just your preferences.

Unless you can pinpoint exactly what the difference is between the two. Considering we have taurens and space goats and then we mix in murlocs which is fish + human. Arakkoa, birds and human and even the more zandalari boomkin which is more human etc etc.

Any animal + human fits wow.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post

I wouldn't rate it as my worst, or even bottom three, but overall I'd rate it more "mediocre" than bad, if only for the amount of stuff cancelled and the potential wasted.
    Yeah, so far WoD rates higher for me than SL, based solely on the raiding, class design and leveling. WoD had so, SO many problems, but it did SOME things right, and they were great. Worst expansion based on the content cut and potential wasted? Sure, but gameplay-wise it's not the worst for me so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never and still don't like mop and view cata as the last real expansion and mop as the real decline of wow

It started the new, terrible talent system
    Too many dailies
    Ugly gear
    Lfr in full swing
    The start of a pointless flex mode
    Scenarios were't too bad but they were'nt all that fun and they should have just made more dungeons
    Ugly mounts
    T16 for 14 months
    Everybody gets a legendary and it's just a lame cape
    And above all, it is when they started delaying raids at the start and staggered t14 for no reason
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-07-13 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What? Of course I can... They are both antropomorphic animals. Aka humans mixed with animals.

They are literally the same. Cows/Bulls mixed with humans. Or fox mixed with human. The only difference is your preferences. Then trying to say one fits while one does not is just your preferences.

Unless you can pinpoint exactly what the difference is between the two. Considering we have taurens and space goats and then we mix in murlocs which is fish + human. Arakkoa, birds and human and even the more zandalari boomkin which is more human etc etc.

Any animal + human fits wow.
    You actually answered my point for you. We have murlocs, arakkoa, ogres, centaurs, and a dozen other WoW races that would have fit into the game better than fox people that have NEVER once existed in WoW until they were pulled outta the ass to lure in the FF or pro furry crowd.

A minotaur, is more monster, than antropomorphic animals, same for something like a werewolf.

My bottom line is that there were established WoW races that would have been better fits is all.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yeah, so far WoD rates higher for me than SL, based solely on the raiding, class design and leveling. WoD had so, SO many problems, but it did SOME things right, and they were great. Worst expansion based on the content cut and potential wasted? Sure, but gameplay-wise it's not the worst for me so far.
    Agreed. I actually quite liked the class design in WoD. I felt it was a bit of a step back from MoP, as they axed a TON of mobility (the "casting while moving" stuff in MoP was crazy fun) from most of the classes, but overall it was still quite good. I had a lot of fun on my Destro Lock and my BM Hunter.

Most people hated pandas, I actually remember disliking the video (was a shit video too tbh) but things gradually got better and better. Yea people were burned a bit by dailies but by 5.2 things were looking better and better. Timeless isle was really great too (unless you were on a 10%-90% server ganked every 3minutes, hello Stormreaver you piece of shit) and the last raid was awesome. Too bad it lasted prob 4-5 months too long. Very proud of our first Heroic (now normal) Garrosh kill!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Can we conclude that MoP wasn't that liked by the playerbase?
    Nope, because that is a false statement.

The Mists of Pandaria expansion was not lacking in failings, like the dailies at the start, like some people mentioned here, but it wasn't "MoP worst expansion EVAH!" kind of hate. Such "hatred" and "dislike" from the expansion, as far as I could remember, came almost exclusively from the anti-panda people with complains such as "Kung-Fu Panda rip-off", "China market appeaser", "pandas are for kids" and stuff like that.

The expansion overall was a good one, though. It's amusing how you want to somehow conclude that "MoP wasn't that liked by the player base", basing your opinion on the number of dislikes behind an announcement video and a subscription flowchart of an aging game (not to mention also trying to make the video sound worse by making a thinly veiled claim that YouTube "hid some of the dislikes" to make it seem worse than it is), despite knowing that the opinion of players is that the expansion was overall a good one?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    We can argue that pandaren were a fine addition, and I myself did not mind them too much, but at the end of the day, a lot of people mocked and ridiculed them. So MoP started on the wrong foot for many people.

The dailies were absolutely atrocious, a round of dailies lasted about 2 hours and every one of them gave 100 reputation or something like that.

I have fond memories of the expansion because the story was interesting, Lorewalker Cho was awesome, and the raids were decent

Apart from the pandering panda stuff, MoP had the best iteration of class design by a huuuge margin. That alone makes it better then Wod, Bfa and Sl combined.

MoP was initially disliked for its theme, cute pandas, and lack of a villain, and the classic Blizzard misstep at release was a ridiculous number of daily quests, but ultimately ended up widely regarded as one of the better expansions.