Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    Yep, peaceful protesters blowing up buildings, cars, murdering innocent people. Way to go west for supporting them!
    Yet you're defending a Communist Government with a History of Genocide (estimated 45-75 million killed/died under Mao), also that video is conflating various incidents in bad faith and those terrorist attacks were perpetrated by a few Xinjiang Separatist Extremists and/or the Turkistan Islamic Party yet China has been Incarcerating millions of Uyghurs without Trial and committing mass cultural genocide on the population.

There hasn't been a single Terrorist Attack in Xinjiang China since 2017 yet China is currently committing Genocidal and/or Cultural Genocidal Atrocities in the region.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-07-13 at 01:27 PM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    "Visiting" a region (the size of a country onto itself) is an idiotic refutation for the genocide claims.

It's akin to a German saying "I lived in Germany during 1932-1945, I never seen a death camp".
    There is a scene in a novel* where characters visit Dachau in post-WWII Germany. They begin a chat with a lady selling drinks right across from the gates of the former death camp. Turns out she worked there all throughout the war. They ask her, wasn't it terrible to watch that yellow smoke coming from the chimneys? She just says "I didn't look."

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Western Powers are not interested in War with China, however China still keeps on provoking Western Powers in the South China sea and Taiwan.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...outh-china-sea
    Is Newsweek a Chinese propaganda mouthpiece now? That title is so misleading. Nowhere in the article did it say that China drove US warship out of SCS.

Just like there in not much Taiwan can do to stop Chinese incursions into their airspace, there is not much China can do to stop US warships. In fact in April, USS Mustin shadowed the Liao Ning so close that it was in the middle of China carrier group flotilla. Mustin followed Liao Ning all the way to the mouth of the Yang Tze river.

The picture below showed how close Mustin was to Liao Ning.

China's fishing fleets an militias are big worry. They also look like they will take Taiwan in 3-5 years imo.

I aint corrupting my youtube recommendations with those videos tho.

If China keeps taking territory that it says it has a natural claim too like hong kong. We should be funding Mongolia, after all china is just greater Mongolia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    "Visiting" a region (the size of a country onto itself) is an idiotic refutation for the genocide claims.

It's akin to a German saying "I lived in Germany during 1932-1945, I never seen a death camp".

Or someone visiting North Korea today and saying "I never seen a re-education camp or any starving people".

Like.... Do I seriously need to explain this to anyone?
    I have actually been to Xin Jiang multiple times. Never been to a concentration camp. It just wasn't on the itinerary. First time was in 2005. It was wide open back then. You could do anything you want. No police. No military. No check points. Last visit was 2017. The militarization of Xin Jiang was complete then. Police stations on every block. Not exaggerating. Visitors have to report at every single destination. Cameras everywhere. Check points after check points. Permits are required to go anywhere. That was our last visit.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    China's fishing fleets an militias are big worry. They also look like they will take Taiwan in 3-5 years imo.

I aint corrupting my youtube recommendations with those videos tho.

If China keeps taking territory that it says it has a natural claim too like hong kong. We should be funding Mongolia, after all china is just greater Mongolia.
    Err the UK gave Hong Kong to China they didn't take it by force...

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    bruh you following the HK news cycle or what?

China had an agreement with Britain that Hong Kong would remain Autonomous and have a Separate System for 50 years.

They did take over Hong Kong by force.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-07-13 at 05:18 PM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

China Promised Hong Kong would remain Autonomous and have a Separate System for 50 years.

They did take over Hong Kong by force.
    And the UK decided to believe it because they wanted to get rid of it, they never gave the people of Hong Kong the means to either be independent or an fully integrated region of the UK. The situation in Hong Kong is the result of the UK's bad decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    bruh you following the HK news cycle or what?
    How does that change the history of what happened?

Yep, peaceful protesters blowing up buildings, cars, murdering innocent people. Way to go west for supporting them!
    I mean it's only fair since the west supports "peaceful protest" of this kind at home too
    Lives matter

And the UK decided to believe it because they wanted to get rid of it, they never gave the people of Hong Kong the means to either be independent or an fully integrated region of the UK. The situation in Hong Kong is the result of the UK's bad decisions.
    They never gave them the means to be independent but they clearly had an Agreement that Hong Kong was to remain Autonomous for 50 years.

China lied about "One Country, Two Systems" policy. Britain and Hong Kong had every right to be angry at China.

They never gave them the means to be independent but they clearly had an Agreement that Hong Kong was to remain Autonomous for 50 years.

China lied about "One Country, Two Systems" policy. Britain and Hong Kong had every right to be angry at China.
    ROFLMAO, are you kidding me? is the UK run by 2 year olds? do you really think they believed an authoritarian regime? also the UK has done jack shit about them violating this agreement shows you how serious they are about Hong Kong.

ROFLMAO, are you kidding me? is the UK run by 2 year olds? do you really think they believed an authoritarian regime? also the UK has done jack shit about them violating this agreement shows you how serious they are about Hong Kong.
    Wrong.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...stralia-canada

How would you propose UK should have done ? Give HK tanks to defend themselves ?

Ou that showed them some strong finger wagging.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    How would you propose UK should have done ? Give HK tanks to defend themselves ?
    No. Given them nukes with a mandatory second-strike only policy similar to India.
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

What they should have done a long time ago either fully integrate HK as part of the UK or yes set them up with their own defense force and make them part of the NATO or some other alliance. You make it sound as if they had no options all these years.

Similarly to how the riots in the US would stop if they actually stopped police brutality, the riots in Xinjiang would stop if China actually stopped ethnically cleansing non-Han people.

We saw this exact sort of shit in interwar Germany and Japan, and everyone should be well aware of where it leads.
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

What they should have done a long time ago either fully integrate HK as part of the UK or yes set them up with their own defense force and make them part of the NATO or some other alliance. You make it sound as if they had no options all these years.
    I mean in reality, what could they have done ? Integrate them to NATO ? So half the world is pulled into a war for a city on the other side of the world ?

I mean in reality, what could they have done ? Integrate them to NATO ? So half the world is pulled into a war for a city on the other side of the world ?
    The same thing they did with Israel...