Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    We freed him. He would not have been able to free himself without us giving him his memories. You are just trying to spin to avoid admitting you were wrong.
    I have nothing to admit because I'm not wrong, which you would see if you weren't so occupied with defending Blizzard for everything.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-07-16 at 03:41 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i dont think we actualy left since we get into shadowlands (lorewise), so other than us nobody on azeroth yet knows
    Except all of the faction leaders who were there when we entered from the top of Icecrown Citadel and Calia and Taelia who entered Shadowlands and returned (I think they did anyway?) Or even if they didn't they came from the world of the living through a portal that is now open and available for everyone to use.

There's no way the fact that the Shadowlands exist and that there is a way for mortals, or anyone from Azeroth/ the mortal plane to enter it from the portal on Azeroth, is still a secret at this point. The larger series of events and what's going on there might be, but the existence of the Shadowlands and the implications all of THAT has on the reality of mortality is out in the open at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You literally asked for that. Stop trying to change retail when you already have a game that does what you want. Leave retail alone as is.

- - - Updated - - -

We freed him. He would not have been able to free himself without us giving him his memories. You are just trying to spin to avoid admitting you were wrong.
    We went through the motions to free one of his hands one time. Why couldn't we have done the same thing for the other chains holding him? Why did we have to leave him in the tower with only one hand free after we found the way to free him completely?

What @Haidaes said is 100% on point. What we did, by leaving the Runecarver in Torghast after we discovered a way to free him and then later bringing the sigil Zovaal was looking for right to his house...because we left the Runecarver there for some reason, was strategically incompetent.

There was no reason given for why the Runecarver MUST stay there or why we couldn't give him his memories in some other location, or why his memories were necessary for US to free him. The whole story of him needing his memories to break himself out was forced so that Zovaal could take the sigil. Tactically speaking, it was one of dumbest things we could have ever done. As the scribe person in Korthia said, taking the sigil to Torghast is unthinkable...but we did it anyway, because...reasons.

That said, I'm just along for the ride and the story is relatively entertaining for me and I'm "enjoying" it for the most part. I'm not vested in it at all and just want to see and experience where they're going with it. But yeah, there are a LOT of WTF moments in the story that don't make any sense if you think about it for 5 seconds.

The first month or so was good when people were playing the game... everything since has been hot garbage

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    The original trilogy was just a movie for kids with princess and knights in space. Boring.
    The prequels were way more interesting.
    Okay? To each their own. I'm not overly fond of long exposition about trade agreements, politics, and bad romance.

Basically any storyline which does not involve "Horde is bad AGAIN" theme.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Do people really want to see another expansion after this?
    Absolutely. All the raw elements for a truly great MMO are there. It's just that Blizzard is trailing and erroring their way towards it much more than they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Except all of the faction leaders who were there when we entered from the top of Icecrown Citadel and Calia and Taelia who entered Shadowlands and returned (I think they did anyway?) Or even if they didn't they came from the world of the living through a portal that is now open and available for everyone to use.

There's no way the fact that the Shadowlands exist and that there is a way for mortals, or anyone from Azeroth/ the mortal plane to enter it from the portal on Azeroth, is still a secret at this point. The larger series of events and what's going on there might be, but the existence of the Shadowlands and the implications all of THAT has on the reality of mortality is out in the open at this point.
    i mean, yeah, people on azeroth probably know there is portal to "afterlife" , but thats probably it, and its not like they didnt believe in afterlife before...
    and it might actualy have impact on them lorewise, which we might see in later patch or next expansion, some cult rising or things like that, but we wouldnt know for now as we are still in SL
    btw its not like shadowlands were secret before, DKs definitely knew about it and i think trolls too - especialy those who worship Bwonsamedi

i mean, yeah, people on azeroth probably know there is portal to "afterlife" , but thats probably it, and its not like they didnt believe in afterlife before...
    and it might actualy have impact on them lorewise, which we might see in later patch or next expansion, some cult rising or things like that, but we wouldnt know for now as we are still in SL
    btw its not like shadowlands were secret before, DKs definitely knew about it and i think trolls too - especialy those who worship Bwonsamedi
    Knowing they exist is one thing, but now they know how they work, what they look like, how you get there, and many of the other "mysteries" that they had no clue about previously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    Well hello. I simply didn't like this expansion. We have killed titans, now they want us to chase down an afterlife wrestler type villain. Storyline is not fitting WoW universe from my point of view. Covenant mandatory, unnecessary grind is not my type. I was watching Warcraft movie and orcs vs humans were very satisfying story , high elves maybe story of Arathor, 7 human kingdoms stuff. I watch warcraft 3 Medivh's warning to King Terenas, I still enjoy it.Ambassadors speaking, king listens ,Medivh appears, epic. So what do you think ?
    Yes indeed the "theme" was extremly weird - it IS weird. Also the "campaigns" of the super important "soooo RPGy" covenants are extemely lame. The war campaign on alliance side was 10 times better and more engaging and I was actually curious what happens next. I was listening in the Ardenwaeld campaign. After that I was just turning talking heads and music off and was listening to spotify instead. No f*cks given. Moving around on one of those 4 isles. I have no idea what actually happened. Horrible. The maw on the other side is quiet cool. Which also FITS to the whole death theme. Yeah, let's just get this one finished, it is super weird.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I like Uther story, i hate how he is presented as wrong, Kyrian are fanatics brainwashing cult and need to change dramatically
    Yeah can't help but feel that the authors sympathise with the Kyrians, which feels yucky. I hope they were deliberately made to feel creepy and inhumane, but I would be disgusted if this turned out to not be the intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I liked the Kyrians and unlike a lot of people I still think their way is best. Purging previous life experience is necessary otherwise you pave the way for more abusing their powers for either biased or preferential treatment towards souls. Their system arguably wasn't a problem until the anima drought forced aspirants to undergo more than usual because they couldn't ascend.
    The Kyrians are the worst. They are just mindless drones. Your Joe Pally cutting about doing your hero thing with your friends and family cheering you on. Killing gods and what not to save the world untill some one punches your ticket. Then boom! Your entire existence if ripped from your head and you have to serve some wanky blue angel for ever and ever and pretty much get stuck doing what you were doing while you were alive? Then some giant monster kills you in a war you have been forced to fight in and then..... What does happen when you die in the Shadowlands? Do you get snuffed out of existence? Punted into the Maw? Just coalesce the next day again?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    The Kyrians are the worst. They are just mindless drones.
    Ardenweald is the only other arguably decent place and that's only because they all work together for a bigger picture outside of themselves. Maldraxxus would be my definition of Hell, I'd sooner be sent to Revendreth. Speaking of which, all the people in Revendreth seem pretty damned miserable mulling about all their failures in life.

So, your choices are to either forget your life, do nothing but think about (the worst parts of) your life, put your life aside for nature (or whatever), or whateverTF the purpose of Maldraxxus is supposed to be other than suck. So, yeah, Kyrian all day long for me.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

i dont think we actualy left since we get into shadowlands (lorewise), so other than us nobody on azeroth yet knows
    Mate, Ol'Emma is even in Oribos.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Knowing they exist is one thing, but now they know how they work, what they look like, how you get there, and many of the other "mysteries" that they had no clue about previously.
    DKs already been there before you send them there during legion campaign, this is literaly nothing new for them
    and everyone else (except us) know that shadowlands exists and that we went there, and thats it, untill we come back from there and tell them, which honestly i doubt most would want to hear about, for most people comforting lie is better than knowing truth
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-17 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andymion View Post
    I'm tired of the existential threats and Shadowlands was too much new weird lore too quickly. After the 9.1 raid end cinematic I just can't stand the new lore.

Therefor I would like the story to take a step back, no cosmic stuff, no universe ending threat. I want to see more smaller stories with a wider range of existing supporting characters and less of the faction leaders/big players.
    WoW has fallen victim to what many tv shows and movie franchises often do. They feel they need to keep upping the stakes, keeping making things bigger, more epic, etc.

And that quickly spirals out of control into complete idiocy.

Look at how many TV shows are unrecognizable after a few seasons, by the end the characters and situations they are in are so completely out there and ridiculous compared to how much more simplistic and grounded things were in the earlier seasons.

This sort of phenonomion the very term "jumping the shark" comes from.

WoW has gradually gone from warriors and priests killing boars and exploring caves to now battling supernatural forces of life and death and universe destroying gods. Big moments no longer have any impact when everything is big 24/7.

I hope they manage to get an opponent that's new to the lore, and make the story not too hamfisted but I will settle for just a generic Fantasy story by now. The only thing that will salvage WOW for me by now is player housing so if that's not there I might very well not buy it, breaking my streak from Vanilla onward.

Shadowlands was the nail in the coffin to me, unsubscribed with gusto

I hated Shadowlands. It finally pushed me over the edge and caused me to quit for good. So I won't be coming back next expansion unless they manage to do a SquareEnix but that's never going to happen.

However if you had asked me a year ago I would've responded with a simple down to earth expansion. Something small, like a Kalimdor focused one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I absolutely despise Shadowlands as a setting and I have absolutely despised it ever since I first saw Covenants. As someone who plays Void elf, I don't feel any connection between my character and any of these covenants:

- Smurfs don't feel connected to Void elves.
    - Skeletons don't feel connected to Void elves.
    - Furries don't feel connected to Void elves.
    - Vampires don't feel connected to Void elves.
    - Janitor with 0 backstory doesn't feel connected to Void elves.

So personally as someone who plays Void elf and is very interested by the Void aspect of the Warcraft franchise, Nope! I don't like this setting at all!

I'm sure if I were a Forsaken or Night elf player since 2004, I'd very much enjoy this setting, but I'm not!

I can't wait for 10.0 to return to the Void storyline and the Stormwind storyline, which was left off with Turalyon and Alleria taking control of Stormwind.
    I play blood elf paladin, should I feel connected to some of the covenants? Cause I don't, and I don't know why I should?

No, this has been a miserable expansion, the worst yet as far as I'm concerned.

Not interested in a next time until a shakeup is done, I think I've finally had my fill.