Need help finding a Drawing Tablet that I can use on the Train. I am left handed.

Hi everybody,

Been practicing drawing on paper during the Lockdown and now have to start heading back towards the Office and have decided I would like to move from Paper to Digital so I can draw easier on my Train ride.

So I need a Drawing Tablet with a Screen that is portable and that can be used by a Left handed person. So far Google has only found left handed tablets that have no screen and need to be connected to a PC or Notebook. Can anyone give me any recommendations?

10+ Year Old Account
    iPad Pro paired with Apple Pencil 2 is awesome for digital art.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    iPad Pro paired with Apple Pencil 2 is awesome for digital art.
    I heard good things about it also. I just do not think I am invested in my new hobby enough to spend so much. Maybe I can find a used one on Ebay for cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, an Ipad (6th gen, 2018) or newer using the Pencil 1 would work fine as well. I know more good artists who use that than the Ipad Pro. You can get them for around $300, instead of the 800+ for ipad pro
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I've got a third gen ipad air with the pencil, and that's pretty good. I can also confirm it works well left handed. They should be available fairly cheap second hand as there's a new air out now.
    If you're looking at a second hand ipad though, I'd only recommend the air (of which the third gen and newer are the only ones with pencil support) or the newest mini as the cheaper ipads with pencil support have a slightly different screen setup which leaves a gap between the screen and the front glass, so the stylus tip can actually seem a little off-position as a result.

10+ Year Old Account
    iPad Air (3rd) and iPad mini (5th) all seem to go for 350-400 bucks. iPad (6th) runs from 250-300 from what I'm seeing just on amazon. personally I think the cheaper, larger option is better
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Thank you for the replies.

I got myself this
    https://www.amazon.com/Graphic-Drawi.../dp/B07DPC98DT (Was around 40 euros)
    It does not have a screen but I can use it with a Old Android Tablet. At home I can hook it up to my PC.
    It fits in my Backpack and is not heavy. The drawing pad I can put on my lap while on the bus, have to balance the Tablet tough. So far it seems to be working.

Still getting used to drawing on it rather then with pen and paper. Hoping in a day or two I can atleast draw a somewhat straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post
    I heard good things about it also. I just do not think I am invested in my new hobby enough to spend so much. Maybe I can find a used one on Ebay for cheap.
    I will 2nd this. I am a video editor and photographer and my iPad is ESSENTIAL to my daily workflow. Base model iPad is $299 all the time and the Gen 1 Pencil around $100. You are going to be hard pressed to find a GOOD drawing tablet for less than $400. The cheepo ones on amazon are mostly trash.